Driver dead, French tourists ‘critical’ after 10-wheeler slams SUV in Krabi

snoop1130

14 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

The owner & driver should be jailed. I feel for you, how can you run a reliable safe business for tourists when things like this happen?. I personally use the same taxi driver I have been using for years to take me back & fore Bangkok Airport from Rayong, we use the same guy for our customers but as you have found it means nothing when you have morons driving and running businesses. I hate driving here and stay in our locality, which can be dangerous enough, as much as possible.

Prison for both driver and owner of this truck should be the result. But i very much doubt it. Money will be paid and that's the end of it.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Driver, 26, faces charges for French family horror holiday crash

The Phuket News

1487237974_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- The 26-year-old driver of the truck that wiped out a Toyota Fortuner south of Krabi International Airport yesterday (Feb 15), killing mother and daughter French tourists, will face charges of reckless driving causing death, police confirmed to The Phuket News today.

The accident, on Phetkasem Rd in Nuea Khlong District, south of Krabi Town, happened at about 12:45pm, when the 10-wheeled truck tipped onto its side while rounding a bend.

The truck slid across the central reservation and slammed into the SUV, which was carrying the French tourists from Koh Lanta to Krabi Airport.

The force of the impact threw two of the French tourists onto the road. The driver of the truck, Boonlit Sangsaen, was also thrown clear of the cab of the truck.

“Right now, Mr Boonlit is in Krabi Hospital,” Lt Col Piroat Chanachai of the Nuea Khlong Police told The Phuket News.

“I don’t know details of his condition, we have to wait for the hospital for that – but he will be charged with reckless driving causing death and injury, and damage to other people’s property,” he said.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/driver-26-faces-charges-for-french-family-horror-holiday-crash-61046.php#s32oceHOeHe4cRJu.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-2-16

But no penalty for the owner. I wonder if they are police members.

14 hours ago, davehowden said:

Don't these trucks have to have an annual check up/ test?

How did those tires pass any sort of test?

Pathetic bl..dy country.

last week, i was in a van travelling to bkk from chon buri...prompted by new safety policy, the van stopped for an inspection...the driver parked the van in a lot, next to about 15 other vans also being inspected...driver left the van, after completing the checklist himself...went inside a small office, and returned with the signature...no visual inspection at all...drivers were in and out of the office in less than a minute...no real inspections at all, just signatures being offered for tips from the drivers...there is simply no enforcement of laws here.

Instead of surrounding a crooked temple with 3500 soldiers and police, the general should take a good look at the carnage and tragedies  that are happening daily on the Thai roads ! Maybe these 3500 could be put to good use saving lives by controlling the roads ,drivers , and businesses that let wrecks continue  to kill innocent people , and the courts could lock people up for dangerous drivers, which would make some crazy drivers think twice . All those poor people , and all because the authorities don't care. Disgusting.

On 2017/2/15 at 9:11 PM, sandrabbit said:

This and the Chang Rai article show up the lottery that are Thai roads, you can be the safest driver in the world but that will never protect you from stupidity and ignorance. It's why I stopped cycling and I'm as careful as possible when walking along the beach road as people don't pay attention.

You did the right thing, because the chances of you getting knock down while you are cycling is very high.

• 6 months later...

Archived