Foreigner killed after fall from Pattaya condo

Jonathan Fairfield

Foreigner killed after fall from Pattaya condo

pp.jpg

Pattaya police are investigating the death of a foreign man after a body was found outside a condominium building in Pattaya on Thursday morning.

The man, who is believed to be Russian and aged between 30-35, was found just after 9.30am in the parking lot of the condo, which is located in Jomtien Beach.

Police said the man, who was found wearing only a pair of shorts, had been dead for about 4 hours before his body was discovered.

A search of the man’s room located on the 12th floor revealed a pair of flip flops and a tablet computer left on a window ledge. Police believe this is where the man fell from.

The man’s body was discovered by a gardener as she was watering the plants in the grounds of the condominium. 

Staff at the condominium told police the man was often drunk and that he lived at the condo with a foreign woman.

Police are examining CCTV footage for any information that could help the investigation into the man’s death.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-16

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

That picture is completely unnecessary. 

The picture that shows nothing graphic or gruesome of an unidentifiable person?  The entire article was completely unnecessary but some people find an interest in these incidents, just as you did.

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The picture was completely unnecessary. 

Only in your opinion.  Some people would think that it was a relevant part of the report.   If you are going to state that that particular photo was unnecessary then you have to go along with any other picture, accompanying a written news report, being unnecessary also.

Does anybody have an opinion on whether the picture was necessary or not? For me it was confirmation the man was wearing only a pair of shorts!

Note to self! Never even think about buying a condo with a balcony! .

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

Does anybody have an opinion on whether the picture was necessary or not? For me it was confirmation the man was wearing only a pair of shorts!

Good luck with that.

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Wrong. Spend more money to get a bigger condo with a balcony that can accommodate 2 chairs and a table.

Then you don't need to sit on the handrail of the balcony, drunk or othetwise.

1 hour ago, transam said:

Must confess I find it rather disrespectful to plaster pics of someones corpse in the media. There is absolutely no need for it. Just hope when my time comes I won't be surrounded by ghouls with iPhones. 

sad-face.gif

I do understand but I don't think that you will have terribly much input in the matter.

18 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Those low balcony railings are very dangerous.

RIP

There was no balcony

Other news sources photos show he climbed out a sliding window on to a ledge that could be used by maintenance workers (hope they'd search safety harness!)

No railing.

It was not a balcony.

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That picture was completely unnecessary. 

Only in your opinion.  Some people would think that it was a relevant part of the report.   If you are going to state that that particular photo was unnecessary then you have to go along with any other picture, accompanying a written news report, being unnecessary also.

18 hours ago, CGW said:

"Does anybody have an opinion on whether the picture was necessary or not? "

Haven't noticed one being expressed so far.

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That picture is completely unnecessary. 

Gee, why don't you complain about it to the press and see if it changes anything. It seems pixelated pictures of crime scenes are commonly accepted in Thailand, does it not?

2 hours ago, mduras01 said:

Do Thais and foreigners both fall off balconies at the same ratio? Seems like we have the locals beat 10:1. What's going on??!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thai's don't live in condo so much as farang ?  That 51% reserved for Thai is so they get a great deal and can rent out the condo.

Archived