Foreigner killed after fall from Pattaya condo

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, mduras01 said:

Do Thais and foreigners both fall off balconies at the same ratio? Seems like we have the locals beat 10:1. What's going on??!

No, not same ratio as Thais have balconies only as a decoration.

How often do you see Thai people sitting on a balcony.

Before moving here, our balcony reeling (1st floor) was of that funny type like shown in the caricature above.

Now a chrome reeling with proper height.

When I visit mates living in high rise condos I always wonder why they don't do anything about their crazy dangerous balconies.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I don't own a condo in Pattaya, but if I did, I would enclose the balcony in a chain link fence and weld the windows shut.

So would I. One of the first DIY projects.

1 hour ago, lungnorm said:

Thailand must have the most condo falling deaths in the world. At least this time they cannot blame the balcony rails. RIP

Because Thailand has the two causing factors at the same time:

One, small balconies on highrise structures forcing foreigners with only low-rise living experiences to sit on the railings.

Two, drunken foreigners on holidays.

15 hours ago, mduras01 said:

Do Thais and foreigners both fall off balconies at the same ratio? Seems like we have the locals beat 10:1. What's going on??!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No!!! Because:
1) Thais are shorter

2) If they run out of money they borough it from other Thais/Farangs.

But a lot of farangs come to thailand, fall in love, sell everything in their home country, come back to thailand and open a bar/restaurant what not run and spent it for the girlfriend (house/car inher name, ...). After they lost all they took a membership for the flying club.

11 hours ago, balo said:

The Russian was drunk and sitting outside his room on the railings. What could possibly go wrong here? 

how many times have you people got to be told. There was NO RAILINGS.It looks like a strip of concrete about a metre wide.Dam dangerous and door should have been permanently locked and barred.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:42 AM, mduras01 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Lol, I was going to say the same things...Just look at the numbers for the last 5 yrs....And "scotchonrocks" you are so right with your cartoon.

Incredible.

A police source did NOT comment on the absence or presence of "signs of a struggle" in the room and amazingly, we were not treated to a description of the contents of the ashtray or how many bottles of alcoholic drink there were in the room and how much was left in them.

On 2/16/2017 at 9:46 PM, transam said:

Must confess I find it rather disrespectful to plaster pics of someones corpse in the media. There is absolutely no need for it. Just hope when my time comes I won't be surrounded by ghouls with iPhones. 

sad-face.gif

Why? After your "time comes" you won't know, nor care. :402:

18 hours ago, snowgard said:

No!!! Because:
1) Thais are shorter

2) If they run out of money they borough it from other Thais/Farangs.

But a lot of farangs come to thailand, fall in love, sell everything in their home country, come back to thailand and open a bar/restaurant what not run and spent it for the girlfriend (house/car inher name, ...). After they lost all they took a membership for the flying club.

You'd think they would be that stupid, wouldn't you?

15 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Why? 

It adds nothing to the story and is just another ghoulish example of how death is covered and treated in the press/media/social networks. 

The man is dead and that will be distressing enough to his family without the picture of his corpse put across the media. 

Reply if you will but I've said all I need to on this. 

Its been a slice. 

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

It adds nothing to the story and is just another ghoulish example of how death is covered and treated in the press/media/social networks. 

The man is dead and that will be distressing enough to his family without the picture of his corpse put across the media. 

Reply if you will but I've said all I need to on this. 

Its been a slice. 

Just asked a simple question and 'preciate your reply. Obviously not everyone agrees with one another on such subjects and was curious as to your reasons.  No further debate necessary.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, NCC1701A said:

I don't own a condo in Pattaya, but if I did, I would enclose the balcony in a chain link fence and weld the windows shut.

RIP farang man.

should be std practice in all high rise renters/ hotels ect.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:46 AM, transam said:

Must confess I find it rather disrespectful to plaster pics of someones corpse in the media. There is absolutely no need for it. Just hope when my time comes I won't be surrounded by ghouls with iPhones. 

sad-face.gif

When your time comes I want your brogues. :smile:

On 2/18/2017 at 8:52 AM, biplanebluey said:

how many times have you people got to be told. There was NO RAILINGS.It looks like a strip of concrete about a metre wide.Dam dangerous and door should have been permanently locked and barred.

What door? That's a window with a ledge...

Archived