Ribena In Thailand :)

konangrit

As a Ribena addict having to put up with imported French blackcurrant as a substitute since being in Thailand I was shocked to see a rack of it in my local Villa Supermarket in Thong Lor today. It's expensive, though, B439 a litre imported from the UK. They also have the premixed cartons and bottles too. Made my day anyway, even if it is extortionate. Would be a lot cheaper if they simply imported it from Malaysia rather than the UK, though.

post-9049-1166094196.jpg

Awesome, I been looking all over for this. Will have to go pay a visit, where is the Villa in Thonglor... wonder if the sukhumvit or ploenchit branches will stock it also, they did not have it a few weeks ago.

Farma, have you actually seen ribena in Makro ? If not, I doubt Makro would have it as they seem to stock mostly thai favourites, but I have not been to one for about 3 years.

Awesome, I been looking all over for this. Will have to go pay a visit, where is the Villa in Thonglor... wonder if the sukhumvit or ploenchit branches will stock it also, they did not have it a few weeks ago.

Farma, have you actually seen ribena in Makro ? If not, I doubt Makro would have it as they seem to stock mostly thai favourites, but I have not been to one for about 3 years.

It's in Thong Lor Soi 15, they didn't stock it last week, so I'd guess the other branches should now be stocking it too.

I've never seen Ribena in Thailand and always keep an eye out, so would be surprised if Makro stock it, but haven't been there, so would be interested if Farma was saying they do, or just suggesting I take a look on the off chance.

Nautilus, I saw it stocked in Ubon Makro the last time I was there a couple of months ago.

They also had a supply of diet drinks, Coke Pepsi etc that you normally see people asking on this forum where to buy from as well.

If anyone’s after Prune Juice the only supplier I can find is Giffarine. It's expensive from them too.

I’m the pack mule when the wife stocks up on drinks to sell. :o

As a Ribena addict having to put up with imported French blackcurrant as a substitute since being in Thailand I was shocked to see a rack of it in my local Villa Supermarket in Thong Lor today. It's expensive, though, B439 a litre imported from the UK. They also have the premixed cartons and bottles too. Made my day anyway, even if it is extortionate. Would be a lot cheaper if they simply imported it from Malaysia rather than the UK, though.

i dont know much about ribena but u can get some rather tasty urine squirted in your mouth for around 500 baht on beach road,but the supplier is usually rough and sometimes not ready to sell,beware ribena lovers :o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both of my girls love Ribena, I don't mind but the cost is ridiculous here. In TOPS i bought a bottle of Robinsons sugar free Blackcurrant and apple. Both agree it is as nice if not nicer than 'bina (and it won't rot their teeth!). At around 130 baht a bottle it is significantly cheaper too :o

Both of my girls love Ribena, I don't mind but the cost is ridiculous here. In TOPS i bought a bottle of Robinsons sugar free Blackcurrant and apple. Both agree it is as nice if not nicer than 'bina (and it won't rot their teeth!). At around 130 baht a bottle it is significantly cheaper too :o

Well it is a "Consumer Healthcare Product" ;-0

It does seem expensive but I do not think GSK market it in Thailand so it must be imported with subsequent mark up - I will try to find out

Its certainly cheaper here in Singapore than the prices mentioned above where it is marketed widely.

I used to love visiting the GSK HQ in London to stock up at their company shop on subsidised Ribena.