BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thaivisa Web Content Team

DAILY MIRROR UK: Pattaya, Inside the world's sex capital: City dubbed 'modern day Sodom and Gomorrah' with highest number of prostitutes anywhere

Article posted on DAILY MIRROR Feb 17th 2017

Pattaya in Thailand has a reported 27,00 prostitutes, roughly one for every five people living in the east-coast city visited by more than a million men each year

"Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya” reads the popular slogan on t-shirts flogged to tourists .

If so, there are plenty of bad guys: every year more than one million visitors a year pass through the Thai resort known as the world's sex capital.

Many men are drawn there by one thing only.

Pattaya has a reported 27,000 prostitutes, roughly one for every five people living permanently in the east-coast city that has been likened to a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah.

The resort's infamous main drag, the largest red-light district on earth, is lined with sex clubs and go-go bars.

Neon signs promise sex shows, pole-dancing, cheap drinks and more.

Scantily clad Thai women, faces whitened with foundation, offer massages to passing western men.

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand but the law is widely ignored and there are brothels in abundance.

Pattaya alone has more than 1,000 bars and massage parlours, many fronts illegal brothels.

But the city's sex trade faces an uncertain future.

Last year Thailand's first female tourism minister promoted to eradicate sex tourism and reinvent the country as a female-friendly destination.

Full article

If it's reported in the Daily Mirror, how can it not be news and how can it not be true!

its reported pattaya has 27,000 working girls,what did they count them on a bead board.

someone needs a seven figure calculator.

27,000 Prostitutes .

Good god I have some catching up to be getting on with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right i'm off to the pharmacy  now,   for a fist full of blue diamonds. :thumbsup:

The daily Mirror,   what a silly rag

Isnt there a time and a place for everything in life?

How did something so basic to the human experience become so shamed, spooked, and hidden in some societies?

Good to know there is at least one place in this magical world where we can be adults about exploring the sexual experience, instead of assuming everyone must have the same [stuck up, childish, shamed] opinions about casual sex or voyeurism.

Must be that time of year again some low paper or media outline generally brit or ozzie jumps on the whole Pattaya "thing" with feigned shock and indignation that this could happen utter tripe boring as <deleted> and about as accurate as the NGO's that bleat all day about bar girls and how they have all been trafficed into the industry. Yaaaawn

So many girls.............. @ 70....so little time.......:coffee1:

The mirror seems to have a fascination with Thailand--probably doesn't realise that its articles usually increase the number of single men heading here.

oh dear.  Looks like the general will now instruct his IT goons to now ban the Daily Mirroe as well as the Mail.   We can not have the truth being reported can we.    That aside it is a market economy and putting Victorian morals aside they are not only supplying a service they are also in most cases supporting their families back home which this government and all before them have failed to do.

Anyway even if you don't buy, I would rather look at the Pattaya pretties then the pig faces of the Junta

oh dear.  Looks like the general will now instruct his IT goons to now ban the Daily Mirroe as well as the Mail.   We can not have the truth being reported can we.    That aside it is a market economy and putting Victorian morals aside they are not only supplying a service they are also in most cases supporting their families back home which this government and all before them have failed to do.

Anyway even if you don't buy, I would rather look at the Pattaya pretties then the pig faces of the Junta

Did you just put "Daily Mirror" and "truth" in the same sentence? Lol x a billion!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 million men sharing 27,000 hookers? That's a bit gross. Although I guess the Indians are used to sharing one girl with 12 other people so maybe that averages it out? In either event this is clear evidence that Pattaya could use more hookers.

5 hours ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

Last year Thailand's first female tourism minister promoted to eradicate sex tourism and reinvent the country as a female-friendly destination.

I love the TAT lady to bits but I must bet against her on this one. It would go the same way as the zero baht tours. After 6 months the bars would be all reopened and people would be given free vouchers at the airports saying "Thailand is open for monkey business AGAIN"

5 hours ago, chiang mai said:

If it's reported in the Daily Mirror, how can it not be news and how can it not be true!

I read the headline and thought - "what, who'd right such bllocks"

The read the article and see it the Daily Mirror - about as informative as the Beano but no where near as entertaining.

Sadly their readership don't know any better.

I do, do my best to support the local economy but so many........and so little time. Oh well. :partytime2:

22 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I read the headline and thought - "what, who'd right such bllocks"

The read the article and see it the Daily Mirror - about as informative as the Beano but no where near as entertaining.

Sadly their readership don't know any better.

Oi, don't you go knocking the Beano, that's well out of order! :post-4641-1156694572: