Baht bus routes sets, Soi Buakhao service banned

Rimmer

topt
i dont live in Patts,but i heard that there was going to be a hike on BB fares.I heard no more on the subject,i didnt know if it had been implemented or not.Obviously not.I do,however,think that it was another 'plan' that never reached fruition.

It was reported on Thaivisa news but later the military announced it was not happening.

6 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Saw a couple on the Soi...At least the Army is

attempting to improve this death trap Soi

That is going to be a 'big job'......... They will 'bullie' the baht busses but won't bother with the other major problems...........

OK. I have noticed a pattern at the intersection of Pattaya Klang and SB.

Tonight about 10 waited there and six empty buses passed by my hailing (there wasn't a queue) until one did stop. 

I've noticed that before at night ... empty buses passing.

The only thing I can think of why is that because it's near Klang they're more afraid to stop because more visible to possible enforcers. 

On 17/02/2017 at 10:11 AM, 4evermaat said:

I wished they had magnetic placards that said the final destination or some type of numbering system. If multiple baht busses ride the same route, how do you know which one to jump on?

Get on any then get off.  That's what we all do.  It's only 10baht!

Perhaps they can start using the <deleted> police volunteers and spies to entrap guilty bus drivers.  This military interference is unwarranted - The SB route developed organically an  anathema to the military mindset.  The get on get off system is brilliant and sums up  the freewheeling style of Pattaya - the new bus stop system does not work and nobody wants it.  The unelected authorities are gradually doing real damage to the unique character of Thailand.  I'll believe in the good intentions of the military when they start to physically clean up litter and do some real good for the communities they claim to care about. 

On 17/02/2017 at 10:11 AM, 4evermaat said:

I wished they had magnetic placards that said the final destination or some type of numbering system. If multiple baht busses ride the same route, how do you know which one to jump on?

If multiple baht buses ride the same route you can get any of them, they'll all be going to the same destination!

On 17/02/2017 at 10:56 AM, Chip Allen said:

What possible good can it do to ban service to Soi Buakhao??  The overreach is uncanny.

Maybe the very canny idea is to ease congestion and illegal blocking of traffic lanes?

On 17/02/2017 at 2:54 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Completely stupid to ban from Soi Buakhao where the demand is.

Proper routes/signs and strict limitation of licenses (no of buses circulating) is the way to go.

Designated routes is the way to go, as you said, and that is the way they have gone.

Granted the street is busy and has gotten crowded over the years. But if they really are banned, how do they expect people to get from one end to the other?  Walk up to second or third road and hop a baht bus there?  Sheesh.  The baht buses to me always were a cool thing.  Cheap, easy, convenient.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:09 PM, gigman said:

In every step they just making it harder and harder ...for every one.

No wander less and less tourists ...

I have to say, I had been to Pattaya and Thailand a dozen times starting in 2004.  Loved the place.  Was planning to retire or semi retire there.  Sure the novelty wore off a bit.  But the military coup, the visa changes, the registration forms just keep making it less appealing .  Now that I passed 58 1/2 all my retirement accounts are available without penalty and had I been in the same mindset I was 5 years ago, I would already be in Thailand, I instead focused on work and banked and invested more.  I will see what this year brings

Archived