what happened to vientiane

2 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

Last year and this I am on non-o visa multiple entry, I did previously visa run to Kuala Lumpur everything went fine no hassle at all.  No picture was asked when I entered Kuala Lumpur and no questions were asked when I left Kuala Lumpur the same day.  All I am talking about Laos is so primitive compared to Malaysia but thanks I got your message just not to worry.

A multiple entry Non O is a one year visa, not a six month visa. Based on your latest post, I am unsure if you had a Non O or multiple entry tourist visa.. Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia, and most nationalities can enter visa exempt so there is no need for any photo or payment for visa on arrival. It may be the case that airline check in in Kuala Lumpur was more observant than that in Vientiane, though I suspect that is down to the individual concerned rather than a general rule for all airline employees in the two cities.

2 hours ago, fullofmax said:

Made the trip yesterday for a new Tourist SETV:

Same procedure as always.

No questions asked, heres your new SETV, sir. (without an agency)

Im from germany, 23yo, thats my 4th SETV from vientiane now in ~3 years (first in a brandnew passport).

Also, there were about 200 people picking up their passports as well and as far as I can tell nobody got rejected.

Nice to see the average ago dropping round here.

2 hours ago, fullofmax said:

Made the trip yesterday for a new Tourist SETV:

Same procedure as always.

No questions asked, heres your new SETV, sir. (without an agency)

Im from germany, 23yo, thats my 4th SETV from vientiane now in ~3 years (first in a brandnew passport).

Also, there were about 200 people picking up their passports as well and as far as I can tell nobody got rejected.

Thanks for the report.  Note that the "rejections" would have likely occurred when they attempted to submit their passport and documents.  Many consulates in the region reject when you attempt to submit, which saves you losing your application fee. 

The fee is now 0 Baht, during this Tourist-Visa fire-sale, in response to the massive drop in Chinese tourists following the cancellation of  "zero-dollar-tours," but the process of checking documents and passports on submission seems to be the same.

Also, if it's a new passport, your previous visas from Vientiane would not be considered.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

Do you have trouble understanding that there is no non-o tourist visa or maybe I am dead wrong if there is one!

I never mentioned tourist visa with all respect.

There is obviously some meaning of the word "or" that I am not familiar with. In my post it was intended to separate two mutually exclusive alternatives.

The reason I was unsure is that (i) your whole post was confusing, with you apparently not really understanding what is going on; and (ii) you did refer to a Non O visa, but also referred to a six month visa. If it was a multiple entry Non O visa, it would be for one year. If it was a six month visa, it must have been a multiple entry tourist visa. Anyway, it really does not make any difference to the specific issues that confused you.

Edited by BritTim

I traveled with a friend of mine from Khon Kaen to the Vientiane consular section for a TR visa on Tuesday. As I was waiting for him I stood behind the two people checking the passports, I noticed  the guy in front of him was turned down when handing in his passport and papers because he had the 'no more visas from Vientiane' stamp.  The guy tried to argue that the stamp was from  a long time ago and he had since been home (UK) and had got a further TR visa from there.  Despite protesting the guy was still turned away so it seems that once the stamp is in the passport the only remedy is to get a new one. I did not notice anyone else get rejected but my friend was in the first 30 or so processed so we were not there very long;  He got his visa without incident despite having two previous TR visas from Savannakhet in his passport. (he was worried he would get a 'no more' stamp due to having 3 TR's from Laos, but that was not the case.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

I traveled with a friend of mine from Khon Kaen to the Vientiane consular section for a TR visa on Tuesday. As I was waiting for him I stood behind the two people checking the passports, I noticed  the guy in front of him was turned down when handing in his passport and papers because he had the 'no more visas from Vientiane' stamp.  The guy tried to argue that the stamp was from  a long time ago and he had since been home (UK) and had got a further TR visa from there.  Despite protesting the guy was still turned away so it seems that once the stamp is in the passport the only remedy is to get a new one. I did not notice anyone else get rejected but my friend was in the first 30 or so processed so we were not there very long;  He got his visa without incident despite having two previous TR visas from Savannakhet in his passport. (he was worried he would get a 'no more' stamp due to having 3 TR's from Laos, but that was not the case.

Getting rejected at Vientianne after having the "warning stamp" is nothing new and the guy was a idiot for trying