UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

While I don't condone violence, she did have good reason to be angry. 

If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree.

Not sure he deserved a shoe in the face but he gets no sympathy from me. 

There's only one criminal charge here - physical assault causing bodily harm. The bill payment dispute is irrelevant. That can be solved peacefully. There can be no reason to attack someone like that.

Is this is only me or Pattaya really gone to dogs big time.. nary a day goes by
with out some king of aggravated attacks on tourists,,,, TAT, the ball in
your court, soon enough, this will be known throughout the world and you're
going to lose your precious tourists numbers you so much brag about.....

Those type of trashy tourists we can do without, not paying his bill he deserves everything he gets.

Just now, tropo said:

There's only one criminal charge here - physical assault causing bodily harm. The bill payment dispute is irrelevant. That can be solved peacefully. There can be no reason to attack someone like that.

Leaving a bar without paying the bill is theft and thats a criminal offence as well

2 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Don't sound right to me.

I smell Bs.

Maybe over charging .

Or was he that stupid

Not sure about stupid. But the old codger was too drunk to even defend himself. Even at the station he could hardly stand up. Now after the shoe throw the book at the cheap charlie.

Just another night of the same old same old in Pattaya. Seems like every day some incident involving tourists happens. In this instance the guy was wrong. Refuse to pay the bill and you are asking for trouble. If you don't know the place don't run up a tab. Pay for every drink as it comes. 

Just now, Bulldozer Dawn said:

This was his second mistake.  His first was bringing coal to Newcastle.

Do you think the "coal" in the bar is an improvement on the "coal" he brought with him? If anything, when he's back in the UK he'll appreciate his own "coal" more.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

While I don't condone violence, she did have good reason to be angry. 

If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree.

Not sure he deserved a shoe in the face but he gets no sympathy from me. 

Do you seriously think all is as she says.... Why no statement of account from the couple..... Seems odd to me, I wonder if the bar may have calculated the bill wrong?....

2 hours ago, champers said:

Supermarket beer in the UK is way cheaper than pub beer. Why should it be different anywhere else? That said, I would like to hear the Brits' versions of the incident.

Very true champers it would be good to hear the Brit's side of it.

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So the tourist got away without paying the full amount he was owed ? Why wasn't he arrested for trying to do a runner on his tab ?

Are you blind? Did you not watch the video? The tourist paid a very heavy price for allegedly not paying his bar tab.

Many people are listening to what this bar slut said in the video and believe her. I wouldn't believe a word coming out of that vile person's mouth. It's quite possible she got angry and whacked him before he had a chance to get his money out. He may have just complained about the prices and that was enough for her to fly into a blind rage.

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well.

He still left the bar without paying the bill .

If a bar girl whacked you over the head with a shoe would you pay the bill? Probably you'd head for the police station, which is exactly what this couple did.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

Are you blind? Did you not watch the video? The tourist paid a very heavy price for allegedly not paying his bar tab.

Many people are listening to what this bar slut said in the video and believe her. I wouldn't believe a word coming out of that vile person's mouth. It's quite possible she got angry and whacked him before he had a chance to get his money out. He may have just complained about the prices and that was enough for her to fly into a blind rage.

I have said it 1000% times to people in Thailand that the people have no understanding of sarcasm. 

He may have been presented with a whopping bill and then sarcastically said 7/11 is cheaper. She took it literally and then attacked him thinking he had no intention of paying. 

He was still seated when he was attacked.

An acquaintance of mine once had a bar in Jomtien...he remarked that he got this complaint constantly from the losers in the area...they'd sit for hours in air con, listening to music and ogling the girls, then complain that the beer was a bit more than 7-11...self entitled idiots...between the harassment of the police, lack of reliable workers, and the constant complaints from the locals about prices, he shut the operation down after a year...

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

If a bar girl whacked you over the head with a shoe would you pay the bill? Probably you'd head for the police station, which is exactly what this couple did.

Although he got whacked because he refused to pay the bill .

He didnt get whacked and then decided to not pay the bill .

Just now, tropo said:

Enough with the Pattaya bashing. There's just as many miserable people anywhere you go.

Yeah, I can add that there's TONS of extremely happy people in pattaya as well :D I know from personal experience :D

I will never learn to understand this.

I have come to Thailand for over 20 years and lived here full time for 7 years. Been pissed like hell sometimes and visited all kind of (farang and local) bars all over the country. I have never ever been even close to any trouble like that.

However, I have witnessed a few Farangs getting beat up and ALL of them because they acted really stupid. Also seen many being very arrogant and unfriendly towards the Thais, but getting away with it. 

12 minutes ago, malcoml said:

I have said it 1000% times to people in Thailand that the people have no understanding of sarcasm. 

He may have been presented with a whopping bill and then sarcastically said 7/11 is cheaper. She took it literally and then attacked him thinking he had no intention of paying. 

He was still seated when he was attacked.

That's exactly what I think happened. He made a comment about the price, then the yabba loaded slut saw red and attacked. 

Many of these working females have exceptionally short fuses.

Archived