UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

55 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

A vodka and tonic should no way cost you 350 baht.The Vodka,if a brand name ,say a Stoly or a Smirnoff,should cost no more than 120 baht.

that was the price 15 years ago. but i admit that i have no idea what a fair price is today and i consider 350 Baht (10 Dollars) as quite exaggerated.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Namm

It was the price we were charging up to last August.And that was comparative all over the 'dark side' So if youve been paying more than that,then you have done your dosh.And as for my equating 350b to 10 dollars,its because i dont really know what the dollar is to the pound.Anyway, dont be so petty.

8 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

So if youve been paying more than that,then you have done your dosh.

if you read my posting again (reading glasses please) you might find that i did not pay more than that but 15 years ago. i'd also appreciate if you tell me why it is petty to convert Mickey Mouse Baht into a well known currency and enlighten me what "you have done your dosh" means.

not all of us are familiar with all the slang expressions used in remote areas of a certain island located north of France.

25 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

tropo

I see,you were talking about the post where the guy got the worst end of the cashier.

350 baht,is like 8 quid English?. 10 dollars US?. Its a ridiculous price.i would have checked the first bin and then checked out. End of problem. I wonder if this shows how desperate the bar is for money,or just pure greed on the staff's part.

I guess if the mark and his lady, appeared to be pissed up enough, then the bar staff took their chance.Bin padding is common practice. It is very hard to stop.Until a complaint is made,and word gets round.Your rep is soiled,  and your cashier is sacked.Everybody loses.:smile:

It was apparently their one and only bin. They had one round each. As they are experienced Thailand residents they knew the ropes.

My best guess is that because they were 2 English couples they had the appearance of naive first-time visitors who were ripe for the picking and the bar staff went all out to rip them off. If they had known they were residents, they wouldn't have pulled that stunt.

2 hours ago, Naam said:

an excellent medication for sweaty stinking feet :whistling:

After bathing your feet in it ,  

1) do you drink it, ?

2)  Give it to unwelcome family members when they visit unannounced ?

3)   Pour  it all into  small shot glasses  placed on the Spirit House in the front

garden,  to make merit to the lord of saffron?  :thumbsup:

What option is your preferred disposal of the Gilbeyes ?

4 hours ago, tropo said:

It was apparently their one and only bin. They had one round each. As they are experienced Thailand residents they knew the ropes.

My best guess is that because they were 2 English couples they had the appearance of naive first-time visitors who were ripe for the picking and the bar staff went all out to rip them off. If they had known they were residents, they wouldn't have pulled that stunt.

Yeah those huahin farangs dress out of town style.had he worn sleeveless and some neck tatoos he would be treated more fair?.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, maryell said:

the bar girls story is a complete fabrication.  I know because I am the girl in the white dress involved in the incident.  We aere charged extortionate prices for the drinks much more expensive than any where else on the road. It was only an ordinary bar not a go go bar and the prices were shocking.  We paid the bill in full and they then wanted to charge us more money for drinks we never had.  We had one drink each in there and that woman has brought shame on Thailand for her despicable actions and violent behaviour  I went to go to Tourist police and didnt get the chance but as soon as I mentioned police she got violent. and anyone who believes her side of the story need their head examined.  We are not tourists we have lived here in Hua Hin for 11 years we have always aid our bills whereever we have gone and have never rceived treatment like this in any br before. I just hope that when she goes to court she gets her just deserts as people should not be ribbed off in this manner

send the bar and the bar girl your husbands (or partner's) hospital charges (if any),  and demand they pay it, then also demand an apology in return for walking away from any further court action. Just a suggestion...

I figure the lesson learned is: After such an ugly incident best to be prepared for the worse and best advised to carry a can of pepper spray or better yet a 10,000 volt stun gun with you for occasion such as that.

Just imagine the surprised look on that woman's face when she is pepper sprayed or stun gunned after viciously assaulting someone.

Love to see "that" on video and for the record...lol 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yeah those huahin farangs dress out of town style.had he worn sleeveless and some neck tatoos he would be treated more fair?.

It's not what they wear - it's the fact that it's a foreign man with a foreign wife. They are obviously not sex tourists. The bar staff think they may have more money than sense. 

13 minutes ago, gemguy said:

I figure the lesson learned is: After such an ugly incident best to be prepared for the worse and best advised to carry a can of pepper spray or better yet a 10,000 volt stun gun with you for occasion such as that.

Just imagine the surprised look on that woman's face when she is pepper sprayed or stun gunned after viciously assaulting someone.

Love to see "that" on video and for the record...lol 

Cheers

A nice fantasy, but if you retaliate physically against Thai people for any reason whatsoever, the situation will become much worse - take that as a guarantee.

2 hours ago, localczar said:

send the bar and the bar girl your husbands (or partner's) hospital charges (if any),  and demand they pay it, then also demand an apology in return for walking away from any further court action. Just a suggestion...

If it happened to me it would be a certain court case. We shouldn't put up with shit like that. I'd take the bar owner and the bar slut to court. I would get compensation - it's a slam-dunk court case. The police take care of the criminal charges, then you sue in a civil case. Likely they would offer compensation before a judgement was made. She's facing jail time, not just a fine.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:15 PM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

gemguy

I know what you speak of mate.those prices you quoted are Walking st prices.I am talking about the normal soi bars.The bars in Patts are dearer than those of the street bars across the other side of the Sukhumvit.If you choose to booze in the tourist joints, you will get Royally ripped off.Its your choice.

In my experience the majority of people in Pattaya bars are either here permanently/semi-permanently/regular long-stayers or regular visitors who do not strictly match the description of "tourist", so I would not describe many bars as tourist bars. The Soi bars that I drink in have an average price of between 65 and 75 a bottle (I do not often go to the New Plaza) not sure how this compares with the dark side.

The lady from the bar, have there been any reports of the court appearance yet.??

rott

I would deffo describe the Walking Street bars as Tourist bars.Also the bars on Soi Buakaow, citing Soi metro and Action street(not that Ive ever seen any action in Action street.) The bars on soi Diana are regularly patronised by Tourists.Having been there recently,all these areas were full of tourists,if the .languages spoken and the accents are any thing to go by.Thats not to say that Ex pats/long termers/etc.dont use these bars.

I am talking about area's that contain mostly blocks of condo's and housing estates for the residents here. These people tend to stick to the bars that they know and have been using for years.The Darkside,lake Mabpochan,and all those areas are mainly  ex pats and others.These long termers have lived in these areas  and have families. So, they tend to use local bars,where they are known and have struck up a sort of relationship with the owner/staff, and consider them family bars.When i first came here in 99 i used to use Walking Street on a regular basis,until i got sick of it.I have not been to WS for 16 years.Soi New Plaza has a lot of mixed status people.There is a a bar that is full of Divers, every night,but it has its share of tourists too.I will say that, on ocassion , ex pats/other's will have a night out on the ,just to experience the 'Tourist feeling again,or to show visitors, that are staying with them.We live in Khon Kaen.The city has its street of bars and other.We go maybe, once a month to make some noise,have a booze, and play some pool.Its the Tourist feeling again and its fun.You could discuss what are tourist bars and not tourist bars all day.The point is about pricing.The bars in Patts are selling beer now, from 65/75 to 95 baht.The guy that said he paid 350 for a vodka and tonic is being ripped off,thats the truth.No VAT is that expensive.How often do you go To WS?But i will stand on what i say,life on the city side of the Sukhumvit is geared up and prices for the 2 week millionaires.although regular visitors to LOS still pay the same prices as them.Expats in Pattaya will always pay more than,say Expats in Khon Kaen.Although,Udon can be expensive too.

No,i havent heard anymore about the lady in white and hubby,i dare say we will.

Not been to Walking Street or 6, 7 or 8 for years. Mainly been a Soi Post Office / Soi Yamato punter. These are mainly regulars places, anyone coming for the first time would be unlikely to go there unless taken by someone. Throws me a bit now when I hear people referring to them as 13/2 and 13/1.

I too have moved away, to a place that isn't sure whether it's in the Central Plain or the North. Prices (in a bar this is) for a 620 ml beer are roughly what I would pay in Pattaya for a 330 ml. But Pattaya it aint.

On 2/17/2017 at 11:59 AM, Bluespunk said:

While I don't condone violence, she did have good reason to be angry. 

If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree.

Not sure he deserved a shoe in the face but he gets no sympathy from me. 

".. If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree..."

You say it:  IF! 

did you consider that the bargirl's story might not be true?

Did you consider that you don't know what the victim reported?

Did you consider the credibility of a Thai bargirl?

7 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

".. If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree..."

You say it:  IF! 

did you consider that the bargirl's story might not be true?

Did you consider that you don't know what the victim reported?

Did you consider the credibility of a Thai bargirl?

Did you consider why I used the word "if"?

It was a deliberate choice...

For the girls in tne white dress, pardon me for reading a news article, and accusing your mate

of causing himself to get a shoe.  I have avoided Pattaya for years, as I was drugged and robbed there.

I will agree that there are indeed crooks and the like in the Pattaya area.

Geezer

Archived