UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tropo said:

That's exactly what I think happened. He made a comment about the price, then the yabba loaded slut saw read and attacked. 

Many of these working females have an exceptionally short fuse.

Not just the working ones but my wife also.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although he got whacked because he refused to pay the bill .

He didnt get whacked and then decided to not pay the bill .

And how do you know that? Because you believe what she told the police in the video?

Either way, it doesn't matter. He was attacked before he left the bar, so leaving without paying, and taking it to the police station was a perfectly reasonable thing to do. 

That's exactly what I think happened. He made a comment about the price, then the yabba loaded slut saw read and attacked. 

Many of these working females have an exceptionally short fuse.

Plus she might already have been upset that they took two seats in a bar with no intention of barfining someone ... It's easier to pull potential customers into a bar when it's full with bargirls with no customers.. 

You dare to ask a lady boy this same question. You will get double googly eyes while leaving bar, instead of single. :shock1:

It will more cheaper than 7-11, if you brew your own beer. :signthaivisa:  Otherwise you can settle down with rice beer and bones sitting with soi dogs. :partytime2:

Get some barley with you next time when you land in Thailand, you try start a British brewery. :sorry:

G

1 minute ago, ffaarraanngg said:

They look like the least likely bar bill refusers i've seen in my life.

Well, you would be surprised. Last time I was at the airport, I saw a French family at a coffee shop refusing to pay for their coffee, because it was not to their taste. They talked to the two girls behind the counter like shit. Some people deserve what they get.

2 minutes ago, malcoml said:

Not just the working ones but my wife also.

Our next door neighbour and her nasty friend attacked my wife in the interview room at the police station. She's tiny, but they tried to punch her. No reason, just pent up anger and resentment.

Funny how this happened just when the bar I was in last night these two dick head Aussies giving the girls a hard time

about drink prices being higher than 4 years ago.

The Manager very strongly told them it was time to complain at  one of the bars down the road 

(where the prices are  actually higher)

And how do you know that? Because you believe what she told the police in the video?

Either way, it doesn't matter. He was attacked before he left the bar, so leaving without paying, and taking it to the police station was a perfectly reasonable thing to do. 

It would have been "reasonable" for him to check the prices of drinks before he drunk them .

If he disagreed with the price , he should have just paid up and put it down to experience

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It would have been "reasonable" for him to check the prices of drinks before he drunk them .

If he disagreed with the price , he should have just paid up and put it down to experience

You continue to side with the bargirl. She's was charged with assault. She'll say whatever she can to diminish her charges. i.e. lie through her teeth. Of course, all her witnesses in the bar will back her up.

I'll put money down he didn't pay the bill because he was attacked, not the other way around. Once he was attacked, leaving and heading to the police station was the reasonable course of action.

Legally speaking he can pay the bill at a later time or take it out of the hospital bill. After she'd injured him, she owed him.

In other words, she paid the bill in blood.

I just hope the police did the right thing and sent him down to the hospital to have his injuries photographed and documented.

The sane thing to do is call the Tourist Police if you think you were """ seriously """' over charged, or, your bill padded.

90% of the time "" IF"" the bill is somewhat, I said somewhat, reduced if overcharging or padding is suspected.

Many times I have personally seen bar bills reduced, entertainment bills reduced ( 2000 reduced to 1000 ) , and "" time walking on the moon light beach - with a lady "" reduced if the Tourist Police ( NOT the local ) handle things. The added benefit is Tourist Police can usually contact YOUR language speaker and get BOTH sides of the story.

I just love u guys sticking up for this jerk, he made a stupid,  silly comment & refused to pay.

Tough titties, he got what he deserves, next time buy from 7/11 & drink in the gutter.

It was 1.30am. Prices often go up after 1am,,,. Use your commonsense

12 minutes ago, malcoml said:

Anyone thought perhaps he was attacked because he said he was going to the police station.

From my experience most bars are fairly quick to call the cops over bill problems.

This lady was however not....

Maybe she was Maxwell Max Smart's Thai version. Her shoe was a smartphone. She tried to phone the cops, but it did not work (Chinese made product) and then she thought the skull of the guy would maybe make the phone work again. :smile:

19 minutes ago, hdkane said:

An acquaintance of mine once had a bar in Jomtien...he remarked that he got this complaint constantly from the losers in the area...they'd sit for hours in air con, listening to music and ogling the girls, then complain that the beer was a bit more than 7-11...self entitled idiots...between the harassment of the police, lack of reliable workers, and the constant complaints from the locals about prices, he shut the operation down after a year...

In the 15 years I lived in Pattaya, I never once witnessed someone complaining about the bill, unless it was due to having their tab stuffed with extras. This was always fairly common , especially when the customers were inebriated or looked like first timers.  I also would not believe a word that came from that hookers mouth.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

You continue to side with the bargirl. She's was charged with assault. She'll say whatever she can to diminish her charges. i.e. lie through her teeth. Of course, all her witnesses in the bar will back her up.

I'll put money down he didn't pay the bill because he was attacked, not the other way around. Once he was attacked, leaving and heading to the police station was the reasonable course of action.

I am just commenting on what has been reported .

You are making up scenarios on what might have happened .

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

Our next door neighbour and her nasty friend attacked my wife in the interview room at the police station. She's tiny, but they tried to punch her. No reason, just pent up anger and resentment.

Buckets full of that round this town now days.

used to be a lot more friendly

12 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Funny how this happened just when the bar I was in last night these two dick head Aussies giving the girls a hard time

about drink prices being higher than 4 years ago.

The Manager very strongly told them it was time to complain at  one of the bars down the road 

(where the prices are  actually higher)

Try and cut them a bit of slack, next time,  they were from Australia. :smile:

I worked in a bar for a short time to help out a friend many years ago, and quickly vowed I'd never work anyplace that required interaction with customers consuming alcohol again. Most drunks behave like idiots and shed normal rules of behaviour very quickly. I sympathised with the hostess in this incident.  If the man was stupid enough to complain about prices in this situation, I can well imagine some of the other drunken, witless comments he might have directed at the staff for the amusement of his equally drunk friends.

9 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

The sane thing to do is call the Tourist Police if you think you were """ seriously """' over charged, or, your bill padded.

90% of the time "" IF"" the bill is somewhat, I said somewhat, reduced if overcharging or padding is suspected.

Many times I have personally seen bar bills reduced, entertainment bills reduced ( 2000 reduced to 1000 ) , and "" time walking on the moon light beach - with a lady "" reduced if the Tourist Police ( NOT the local ) handle things. The added benefit is Tourist Police can usually contact YOUR language speaker and get BOTH sides of the story.

Tourists don't know what to do and who to call. They were very close to the Soi 9 police station, so it was the best option at the time.

My guess it was bad time of the month ... and then add not paying the bill no matter or  questioning the bill .. She might have even been offended by the comparison too. :smile: Anyway, women attacking men. It NEVER happens! LOL No gun, no knife, ... Just a high heel shoe. It is pretty effective. Too bad it was filmed, otherwise those drunk tourist do attract street poles.

Not that I think there was/is any premeditation by anyone here or at any time (especially here), but then I don't read "Women's blogs" (in Thai) putting the seed into their mine! Is a high heel shoe the equivalent of a Swiss knife now? :smile:

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am just commenting on what has been reported .

You are making up scenarios on what might have happened .

You're commenting based on what was reported that the bargirl said. That will be the least likely source of accurate information considering she's the only one going down for criminal charges here.

There's no debate that the tourist was attacked while he was still in the bar because that can be clearly seen in the video.

What a <deleted>!  He looks like a cheap charlie as well.  Of course the beer is cheaper in a 7/11, as it is in the convenience stores in every other country.  If I was there at the time, I would have given him a good kicking.  He deserved more pain that he obviously got.  

However, the lady behind the bar didn't do herself any favours.  She should have just taken a picture of the guy and took it to immigration; they would have got him at the airport for non-payment of a bar bill.  I feel sorry for her, but loss of face is a big thing here, and she had to be seen to protect her image.  Unfortunately, loss of face is here to stay.

Oh!  Yes, I'm English, but I don't condone the actions of some of the UK residents abroad.  "When in Rome", and all that.  Tourists like this <deleted> give us all a bad name.  I hope he gets his comeuppance soon, and good luck to the lady behind the bar.  Next time I'm near that bar, I'll buy her a drink.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

So the tourist got away without paying the full amount he was owed ? Why wasn't he arrested for trying to do a runner on his tab ?

Another Dxmb tourist. Does he think that the pubs in England charge the same as in the local Seven Eleven there ? I am glad that he got his butt beat.If you can't afford to drink at the bars here then by all means you Cheap Charlies  go sit in front of The Seven Elevens and drink.

9 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Buckets full of that round this town now days.

used to be a lot more friendly

Buddhism: it works, but when the fuses blow, it really blows. True, educated buddhists might have been a bit more aware and, as others have said, called the police, take a picture of the guy and his wife, follow him to find out where he stays,... 

5 minutes ago, sandemara said:

I worked in a bar for a short time to help out a friend many years ago, and quickly vowed I'd never work anyplace that required interaction with customers consuming alcohol again. Most drunks behave like idiots and shed normal rules of behaviour very quickly. I sympathised with the hostess in this incident.  If the man was stupid enough to complain about prices in this situation, I can well imagine some of the other drunken, witless comments he might have directed at the staff for the amusement of his equally drunk friends.

Talk about dreaming up possible scenarios where the bargirl is the innocent victim and then feel sorry for her. How can anyone feel sorry for a nasty woman like that?

It's their job to serve people alcohol. It's their business to make people drunk. They need to be mature and show restraint to their customers.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

While I don't condone violence, she did have good reason to be angry. 

If all is as she says then the guy is clearly at fault to a degree.

Not sure he deserved a shoe in the face but he gets no sympathy from me. 

The guy looks pissed up for one thing. But seriously who expects bar prices to be the same as the local supermarket?

Does he refuse to pay bar prices in UK pubs because Tesco sell it cheaper?

If they'd loaded the price then fair enough, complain. If not and they were charging their normal price then he's in the wrong. Not condoning violence but we don't know what else he said or how aggressive he was verbally. Obviously too pissed to read the prices before further boozing.

Archived