UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

3 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

What a <deleted>!  He looks like a cheap charlie as well.  Of course the beer is cheaper in a 7/11, as it is in the convenience stores in every other country.  If I was there at the time, I would have given him a good kicking.  He deserved more pain that he obviously got.  

However, the lady behind the bar didn't do herself any favours.  She should have just taken a picture of the guy and took it to immigration; they would have got him at the airport for non-payment of a bar bill.  I feel sorry for her, but loss of face is a big thing here, and she had to be seen to protect her image.  Unfortunately, loss of face is here to stay.

Oh!  Yes, I'm English, but I don't condone the actions of some of the UK residents abroad.  "When in Rome", and all that.  Tourists like this <deleted> give us all a bad name.  I hope he gets his comeuppance soon, and good luck to the lady behind the bar.  Next time I'm near that bar, I'll buy her a drink.

just shows the mentality of the posters here ,he was over charged 1480 baht for two beers and two house vodkas with mixers ,i hope the slut get the bar closed down 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tropo said:

Talk about dreaming up possible scenarios where the bargirl is the innocent victim and then feel sorry for her. How can anyone feel sorry for a nasty woman like that?

It's their job to serve people alcohol. It's their business to make people drunk. They need to be mature and show restraint to their customers.

No matter how obnoxious or ludicrous the drunk is, bar staff should only resort to violence for self defense. Being pissed, refusing to pay a valid bill, arguing ridiculously doesn't make you innocent though. 

In the UK bars, pubs, clubs, have a responsibility not to serve people who already appear drunk with more drinks.

1 minute ago, myfriendu said:

just shows the mentality of the posters here ,he was over charged 1480 baht for two beers and two house vodkas with mixers ,i hope the slut get the bar closed down 

Where does that information come from ?

1 minute ago, tropo said:

It's their job to serve people alcohol. It's their business to make people drunk. They need to be mature and show restraint to their customers.

It's not their business to make people drunk. That's up to the customer and their sense of self-respect. Totally. Do you count letting a drunken customer leave without paying their bill as 'showing respect'? Theft is not my idea of fun.

3 minutes ago, myfriendu said:

The OP doesn't say anything about that. If so then it's a different story. Are you saying they were charging more than the advertised prices?

Another plonker tarnishing us Brits not Pattaya. Ok, she went over the top but he deserved it. Pattaya can't get any more tarnished. Actually, they should rename it as Pattissan as most girls there are from Issan.

I agree with others that, if indeed he uttered those words about the 7/11, it was likely a figure of speech. Who does not know that prices are higher in a bar? They did not seem to be cheap Charlies: older couple, lady is nicely dressed, and the guy did not retaliate at all.  Was he overcharged? More likely. It makes more sense. On the other hand, he might have been drunk. To hit an elderly man like this is like hitting a woman. This is not right. To chase him down the street and Thai box? Was SHE drunk? And then she attacks the lady by pulling the dress to pull --make no mistake about it-- on her back with a concussion/coma. There are better ways than this to deal with this kind of a problem.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

The OP doesn't say anything about that. If so then it's a different story. Are you saying they were charging more than the advertised prices?

no i saying they tried to rip him off ,he complained and was attacked ,thats why she,s been charged 

39 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I will never learn to understand this.

I have come to Thailand for over 20 years and lived here full time for 7 years. Been pissed like hell sometimes and visited all kind of (farang and local) bars all over the country. I have never ever been even close to any trouble like that.

However, I have witnessed a few Farangs getting beat up and ALL of them because they acted really stupid. Also seen many being very arrogant and unfriendly towards the Thais, but getting away with it. 

I went on holiday to Koh Samui for two weeks with my husband We enquired at the front entrance about a massage. When we got inside we decided against it as it was busy and didn't seem like s relaxing environment. When we exited the lady at the entrance asked why we did not have our massage I stated it was busy so we would go elsewhere a little quieter. She then began shouting in Thai at the top of her voice screaming and out of control.  This was without provocation, she was looking me up and down and shouting after me as I hurried away feeling terrified of this deranged person.   Some of these tourist staff are extremely angry and aggressive 

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

unbelievable that holiday destinations of some couples!  apart from that he's a Wally but that does not exclude the girl from being way OTT - just call Tourist Police 

" damaged the image of Pattaya "  you gotta larf

Some couples like to become "triples" occasionally.

Or maybe they just like watching "sport" together.

I've seen a few in the Windmill.

8 minutes ago, myfriendu said:

Were you in the bar at the time?  Or perhaps you own the bar and ripping off customers.  Please share your source of information.

Reputation here, and reputation there. Sometimes violence is needed. Appearently just another unintelligent brit with non existing brain fuction. Must be like that, if you compare beer price between a convienance store and a beer bar and after that refuse to pay the bill. He just got what he deserved! Amazing that some people just don´t know that they should stay home inside their own walls, that saves them from themselfs as well as saving others around them. Like I said in another post today. I just hope it´s not contagious.

15 minutes ago, sandemara said:

It's not their business to make people drunk. That's up to the customer and their sense of self-respect. Totally. Do you count letting a drunken customer leave without paying their bill as 'showing respect'? Theft is not my idea of fun.

Yes, it is. Customers are continually pressed to buy more alcohol, no matter how drunk they are. They don't care how drunk their customers are - it's all about profit. That's the way all bars operate here. 

He was sitting in a chair with his friend when the bargirl came up behind him and hit him on the head with her shoe, twice. He stood up, and she hit him again.

He fled to the police station, and you call this refusing to pay the bill. The damage to his head had well and truly covered the cost of their bar tab at this point - the bar owed him.

You've got to give the Englishman some respect here - he didn't try to fight back. If he'd punched her back he would have been in a jail cell.

i smell overpricing ,           maybe im wrong but the old english fool did not deserve a shoe in the face from a drunken thai slut.

glad she was charged but wonder what will happen , maybe a 100 baht fine in court if it goes that far.  

if hes guilty he should also face the consequences

1 hour ago, tropo said:

There's only one criminal charge here - physical assault causing bodily harm. The bill payment dispute is irrelevant. That can be solved peacefully. There can be no reason to attack someone like that.

I never said there was.

the bar girls story is a complete fabrication.  I know because I am the girl in the white dress involved in the incident.  We aere charged extortionate prices for the drinks much more expensive than any where else on the road. It was only an ordinary bar not a go go bar and the prices were shocking.  We paid the bill in full and they then wanted to charge us more money for drinks we never had.  We had one drink each in there and that woman has brought shame on Thailand for her despicable actions and violent behaviour  I went to go to Tourist police and didnt get the chance but as soon as I mentioned police she got violent. and anyone who believes her side of the story need their head examined.  We are not tourists we have lived here in Hua Hin for 11 years we have always aid our bills whereever we have gone and have never rceived treatment like this in any br before. I just hope that when she goes to court she gets her just deserts as people should not be ribbed off in this manner

3 minutes ago, maryell said:

the bar girls story is a complete fabrication.  I know because I am the girl in the white dress involved in the incident.  We aere charged extortionate prices for the drinks much more expensive than any where else on the road. It was only an ordinary bar not a go go bar and the prices were shocking.  We paid the bill in full and they then wanted to charge us more money for drinks we never had.  We had one drink each in there and that woman has brought shame on Thailand for her despicable actions and violent behaviour  I went to go to Tourist police and didnt get the chance but as soon as I mentioned police she got violent. and anyone who believes her side of the story need their head examined.  We are not tourists we have lived here in Hua Hin for 11 years we have always aid our bills whereever we have gone and have never rceived treatment like this in any br before. I just hope that when she goes to court she gets her just deserts as people should not be ribbed off in this manner

Thank you for clearing this up - I suspected as such. Apart from being criminally charged for assault, she and/or the bar owner should be paying compensation to you and your husband. Please bear in mind that if the police charge her, the subsequent court hearings will be down the track several months as the courts are very slow here, so you'll have the inconvenience of having to travel back to Hua Hin to appear in court. Also, there's no guarantee the police will follow through with charges unless you stay involved in the process. If you're not going to be around for court hearings, there's no point. She'll walk away laughing and bragging about it.

On 2/17/2017 at 3:32 PM, Moti24 said:

get your facts right first how can you comment without knowing the full story if you sre interested in the true facts scroll down and read my post.  I am the girl in the white dress involved in the incident.

On 2/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

i am the girl involved in the incident wearing the white dress do scroll for the truth and by the way we have lived here in Thailand for 11 years we had our family with us who wee tourist and like us never ever go anywhere without paying their way.

Archived