UK couple attacked by bargirl in Pattaya after Brit says he could get cheaper drinks in 7/11

webfact

34 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Yes, since he is an idiot, you are not. We get it. Can we move on. Maybe if there were less cowards around, he would not have to take one for the team. 100 B. to some is 1000B to another is 10,000 to another. Do you know the full story?

No story needed. Just pay the bill, like you have to do in your home country. To many people believe they are kings when they put their feet in Thailand.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Enoon said:

Have you any way of verifying:

A. That you are the "Woman in white"

B. That you are telling the truth.

You are now appearing in one of the most highly respected courts in the land......and protocols must be observed.

Have you any way of verifying

A. That the bar girl is telling the truth

B. That you know what happened in the bar?

i was ripped in the Aussie bar in LK metro a couple of months ago, a girl i was with checked my bill, (the girl taking my order was adding lady drinks) the night after, her and her mate wanted to go back there. (i was not keen) she went to the loo and was attacked by one of the girls,in the toilets, mamasan said "you were causing us trouble last night " my lady friend has a cop high up in the force, wanted to take it further but i persuaded her to let it drop.asit would obviously serve no purpose.but been warned ok

4 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

i was ripped in the Aussie bar in LK metro a couple of months ago, a girl i was with checked my bill, (the girl taking my order was adding lady drinks) the night after, her and her mate wanted to go back there. (i was not keen) she went to the loo and was attacked by one of the girls,in the toilets, mamasan said "you were causing us trouble last night " my lady friend has a cop high up in the force, wanted to take it further but i persuaded her to let it drop.asit would obviously serve no purpose.but been warned ok

Let us know how your third visit went down.

Well....let me speculate a little here.

More than likely the woman has had to deal with more than a few people that run up a tab and then refuse to pay and argue over small money.

Thing is, there is a very good possibility that the woman padded the bill and the man realised he was being over charged and refused to pay the overcharged amount while she claims he refused to pay the whole bill.

It looks like she lost patience with the guy and started to beat on him and that is when he walked away so he would not get beat on anymore......but clearly looks like he is doing a walker, not a runner, while he is obviously drunk and acting stupid thinking he can just walk away without settling the bill...even if it was padded.

Meantime the bitch should be arrested for assault and charged as such regardless of how upset she was.

However, you have to remember....she is the one held responsible for the lose of money if the bill is not paid so it is her job to make sure all money is collected and probably has to get aggressive all too often with drunken bozos who "belligerently" argue over their bill and try not to pay or try to pay less than the correct amount because they forget how many drinks they actually did consume.

I think many of us have witnessed just that...and occurring either way... 

Cheers

1. The video shows that that this wasn't for sure the casher's first fight in my opinion.

May be she is a strong candidate for cutting a husband's dick in affect.

2.. None, absolutely none of the posters here knows the Brit's or his partner's side of the story.

3. The casher is totally unsuitable for this job. Not monkeyhouse nor a hefty fine would change her, only a psychological treatment..

4. Nevertheless how stupid, insane or retarded the Brit and his partner is, doing physical harm to an older man is an absolute no go, full stop!

5. There is always Tourist police to de-escalate such a situation.

6. Posters who cordoned the casher are not better than her and obviously have nothing against a fight they start. Unfortunately there are quite a few of such quality expats and tourist staying in Pattaya.

Hitting someone with your shoe is not a civilised way to have handle this. And, from the video, it's far from clear that he did not intend to pay. He was still seated and was maybe just having a moan before clearing the cobwebs of his wallet. Either way, the response was way over the top. Why couldn't they just call the police? 

21 minutes ago, gemguy said:

Well....let me speculate a little here.

More than likely the woman has had to deal with more than a few people that run up a tab and then refuse to pay and argue over small money.

Thing is, there is a very good possibility that the woman padded the bill and the man realised he was being over charged and refused to pay the overcharged amount while she claims he refused to pay the whole bill.

It looks like she lost patience with the guy and started to beat on him and that is when he walked away so he would not get beat on anymore......but clearly looks like he is doing a walker, not a runner, while he is obviously drunk and acting stupid thinking he can just walk away without settling the bill...even if it was padded.

Meantime the bitch should be arrested for assault and charged as such regardless of how upset she was.

However, you have to remember....she is the one held responsible for the lose of money if the bill is not paid so it is her job to make sure all money is collected and probably has to get aggressive all too often with drunken bozos who "belligerently" argue over their bill and try not to pay or try to pay less than the correct amount because they forget how many drinks they actually did consume.

I think many of us have witnessed just that...and occurring either way... 

Cheers

A huge lot of speculations!

17 minutes ago, LandOfWiles said:

Hitting someone with your shoe is not a civilised way to have handle this. And, from the video, it's far from clear that he did not intend to pay. He was still seated and was maybe just having a moan before clearing the cobwebs of his wallet. Either way, the response was way over the top. Why couldn't they just call the police? 

Let me take part with another speculation:

May be she is a Muslima. One of the worst insults in Islam is hitting or throwing a shoe against his/her enemy, of course besides a pig head ?.

3 minutes ago, mok199 said:

thais are human and can take only so much .then they too boil over...this is road rage in a bar..

No, this is short temper and all over the world the same!

Ok, some tribes have more like Ethiopia, Somalia or Eritra and some have significantly less.

2 hours ago, balo said:

After reading the whole thread I think they are both to blame .  The english gent for not checking prices on drinks and making stupid remarks like it's cheaper in 7-eleven. Only 4 drinks was it ?   And then the lady from Isaan who probably were full of it. 

I don't care who is to blame, or who said what to whom.  When is it OK to attack people like that?  This whole incident is reminiscent of the attack on the British tourists in Hua Hin last year.  Disgusting.  The level of violence is just unacceptable.

8 hours ago, zorro1 said:

There are thousands of couples on walking street every night.

Pattaya is an adult entertainment area so yeah couples can have good fun

Beats the hell out of holidays in udon thani lol

Chiang mai is great if you like to be tucked in bed at 10pm

Bangkok.. Expensive

Phuket.. To many no go to list

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I've enjoyed living in Chiang Mai for years, but as a family man have never been in a bar here or ever had the inkling. 

Lots (millions) of tourists visit here every year, many of them (young & old) never go to bars. Never quite understood why many mature married folks seemingly cannot live without bars.

Just saying...

There is a bar in Ho Chi Minh called 'Bar No 5'. Between the hours of 3pm and 7pm, 7 days a week, you can drink as much draught beer as you can possibly throw down your neck for the extortionate price of 130,000 Vietnamese Dong. The beer is San Miguel, so it's quite drinkable, and for those without a calculator, 130,000VND equates to about THB220.

So, 4-hours solid drinking for THB220, and then a crawl home on your hands and knees, is a perfect way to spend your holiday. However, Pattaya is NOT Vietnam. That said, to complain about paying more for alcohol in a bar than you'd pay in a convenience store is almost psychotic. The man is a fool, an idiot, and his brain shouldn't be allowed out by itself as it's obviously too little. I won't usually condone violence, but he deserved a good 'slap'.

has to be more to this.  i am guessing the bin was padded and thats were the problem started.

Or he lost count after his tenth triple Hong tong and coke?

Bill padding is avoidable, just check every bill dropped into the bin.. However common sense goes out the door as one starts to get shit faced. Sometimes it's padding but mostly it's just being to drunk to remember.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Nobody in that video wearing a Beatles t-shirt that I can see.  Although Mr. Lodge does seem to be a fan of the Beatles judging by his facebook page.

At the 29 second mark of the video there is a guy on the right, just in front of a scooter, wearing a Beatles t-shirt. He turns and heads in the same direction as the Brits at the 35 second mark.

https://youtu.be/cA_QbOpJ7bw

10 minutes ago, Karry Yokie said:

There is a bar in Ho Chi Minh called 'Bar No 5'. Between the hours of 3pm and 7pm, 7 days a week, you can drink as much draught beer as you can possibly throw down your neck for the extortionate price of 130,000 Vietnamese Dong. The beer is San Miguel, so it's quite drinkable, and for those without a calculator, 130,000VND equates to about THB220.

So, 4-hours solid drinking for THB220, and then a crawl home on your hands and knees, is a perfect way to spend your holiday. However, Pattaya is NOT Vietnam. That said, to complain about paying more for alcohol in a bar than you'd pay in a convenience store is almost psychotic. The man is a fool, an idiot, and his brain shouldn't be allowed out by itself as it's obviously too little. I won't usually condone violence, but he deserved a good 'slap'.

"...the man is a fool ...."

another one having not read statements of a witness and taking the words of a bargirl for facts... 

shame on you

7 minutes ago, Karry Yokie said:

Excellent would love to go.  Let's go on a tour with as many interested TV members and have a ball.  Can't see beer being cheaper than that even at 7 in Vietnam

12 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

34 minutes ago, billybog said:

has to be more to this.  i am guessing the bin was padded and thats were the problem started.

12 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

Or he lost count after his tenth triple Hong tong and coke?
Bill padding is avoidable, just check every bill dropped into the bin.. However common sense goes out the door as one starts to get shit faced. Sometimes it's padding but mostly it's just being to drunk to remember.

Considering that the group of 4 (yes, there was another couple with them at the time) supposedly only had 1 drink each (2 beers and 2 "house vodkas" in total) it would have been pretty hard to pad the bill. The woman from the bar showed the bill to the police at the same time she was showing them the drink menu with the prices (to show that they were charging the correct amount I'm guessing).

16 hours ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Excellent would love to go.  Let's go on a tour with as many interested TV members and have a ball.  Can't see beer being cheaper than that even at 7 in Vietnam

The owner is an ex-pat. He makes his money on food (not cheap) and also on the price of the drinks for girlfriends/wives/partners (since not many girls are going to down 4-hours worth of draught beer). That said, he's happy to welcome big groups of single guys who want to take advantage. I've tried it twice, but never managed more than 3 hours before falling off my bar stool and crawling out the door, lol

Archived