So Pattaya is the sex capital of the world...tell us something we don't know, say online Thais

rooster59

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Here is things you don't know about Pattaya, ( or don't want to know ) the rudest and the worst kind

of Thai people lives there,

Pattaya is a huge hub for international criminals, thriving lady boys,

lots and lots of drugs everywhere you look, police that mostly turn a

blind eye to most petty crimes, Pattaya has the nastiest and mafia

like taxi service, Pattaya is badly overcrowded to the point of traffic stand

still in many places, and Pattaya is all about the money, money and money,

forget about amazing Thailand and the smiling Thai people, non of it there

any longer.... 

Not true - just a rant. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Don't think you know everything, guys.

I spent 5 years in Vietnam during the war, and I could tell you sex stories you wouldn't believe.

Unfortunately they can't be told over this forum.

So don't get too proud of, PATTAYA such places are all over the world

PM?  :stoner:

Pattaya at one time was a sleepy fishing village with one large hotel and small bungalow on the beach. It was pristine; low in cost; and had clean beautiful waters and beaches. I know, I had my honeymoon there 47 years ago. Through the years, its reputation has diminished; it has become overbuilt; the costs have risen; and the sea has been polluted. In addition, most of the Thais in the entertainment business have become hardened and impolite.  Pattaya is just not fun anymore because it is filled with irreverent and poorly mannered tourists; Thais who are after their money and just plain bad behavior by everyone.

The only saving grace about the place is that there are decent restaurants but as a tourist area for relaxation- I would never recommend it to anyone. However, the current government is in the process of trying to change its image. they do not like the sex industry and are constantly raiding the GoGos; massage parlors and ladyboy establishments. Walking street will soon be transformed into boutique hotels and businesses that cater to the Chinese and middle class Thais from Bangkok. Western tourists will continue to decline.  Many of the bars will continue to relocate out of Pattaya because they now that the transformation is taking place.

In Bangkok Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy will also end up the same way- they sit on land that is much more valuable than the rent the bars pay and the huge developers want that land . Most of the owners want out and the relocation to other areas has already started.

Thailand and the entertainment industry is changing- it will still be there but not in the huge numbers of establishments but in more subtle locations with less fanfare. Thailand is industrializing and as in other countries less people will need the sex trade to survive. Those who want that type of enjoyment will go to other countries where it will continue to exist until they too industrialize.

The other highly reputable rag in the UK, The Sun,  just regurgitated pretty much the same story. Must be short on local UK drivel.

BS story revolving around the red light areas of Pattaya, to the people that live in the area and know it, it is a great place to live. 

It covers a huge area and has massive amounts of non sex related activities, non story as usual. 

26 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Pattaya at one time was a sleepy fishing village with one large hotel and small bungalow on the beach. It was pristine; low in cost; and had clean beautiful waters and beaches. I know, I had my honeymoon there 47 years ago. Through the years, its reputation has diminished; it has become overbuilt; the costs have risen; and the sea has been polluted. In addition, most of the Thais in the entertainment business have become hardened and impolite.  Pattaya is just not fun anymore because it is filled with irreverent and poorly mannered tourists; Thais who are after their money and just plain bad behavior by everyone.

The only saving grace about the place is that there are decent restaurants but as a tourist area for relaxation- I would never recommend it to anyone. However, the current government is in the process of trying to change its image. they do not like the sex industry and are constantly raiding the GoGos; massage parlors and ladyboy establishments. Walking street will soon be transformed into boutique hotels and businesses that cater to the Chinese and middle class Thais from Bangkok. Western tourists will continue to decline.  Many of the bars will continue to relocate out of Pattaya because they now that the transformation is taking place.

In Bangkok Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy will also end up the same way- they sit on land that is much more valuable than the rent the bars pay and the huge developers want that land . Most of the owners want out and the relocation to other areas has already started.

Thailand and the entertainment industry is changing- it will still be there but not in the huge numbers of establishments but in more subtle locations with less fanfare. Thailand is industrializing and as in other countries less people will need the sex trade to survive. Those who want that type of enjoyment will go to other countries where it will continue to exist until they too industrialize.

Lets face it most of the supporting cast come from Isan.  Therefore, given the airport, what more better place, more friendly and homely would be Udon Thani to take over the reigns from Pattaya ?  No beach of course but then other than stupid Russians, smelly Indians and the brainwashed Chinese tourist who would want too ?   Udon Thani the real home for most of the lovely ladies engaged in the entertainment industry of Thailand.

whatawonderful day,,,,,,,, I would take you to task on 2  comments, the owners of Nana Plaza will never see rents

as good as they get now,,,, they are crazy,,, not even a 5 star hotelarrow-10x10.png could afford to pay

& if or when all the bars, nightclubs, go go bars etc move to Udon how do the hotels survive in Bangkok????

7 hours ago, Ronanmartin19 said:

Who gives a <deleted> what the rag the mirror says ? I wouldn't wipe my are with that fake reporting bullshit lying bastard excuse for a paper. Under achieving journalists.

Are you saying that reports of Pattaya being the sex capitol of the world is fake news ? You'll be in a band of one there then.

5 hours ago, outsider said:

As if there is no sex trade in the UK. Typical tabloid trash. However, now that the 'discovery' of Pattaya has been made public, THIS will surely raise tourist arrivals to new records. TAT should thank this piece-of-trash tabloid for this 'news'. Onwards now TAT - prepare that release and holding statement about how tourist numbers have hit new records. Again.

And again - and again - and again!

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

whatawonderful day,,,,,,,, I would take you to task on 2  comments, the owners of Nana Plaza will never see rents

as good as they get now,,,, they are crazy,,, not even a 5 star hotelarrow-10x10.png could afford to pay

& if or when all the bars, nightclubs, go go bars etc move to Udon how do the hotels survive in Bangkok????

Not interested in the extortionists of Nana Plaza . Soi cowboy or anywhere else.  they would not be needed.  Freelance advertising as in other parts of the world would be the King.  The bars and other entertainment areas in Udon,  already established, would easily accommodate those that require support in their endeavours .  The pimps of Pattaya and Bangkok and members of the establishment such as local politicians and of course the RTP who pimp these girls should be put were they belong, in the gutter.  As for the hotels well if they are 5* which many pretend to be but fall well short, then they should really cater for the tourists who come here for the country, climate and scenery, or as the previous democratic governments would prefer, the shopping.

8 minutes ago, Cranky said:

100% agree my friend. The thing is I'm still scratching my head why I got a reprimand from TV and suspended for saying basically exactly the same thing as you, that no sane person would even slightly disagree with.  

can't say and won't say because one can not comment on the moderation on this forum without being reprimanded. All I would ask of you is is to question the reasoning behind it.

TAT working with The MIrror for sly tourist sales increase to Pattaya resorts. It would be interesting to see if tourism picks up in Pattaya out of Britain in the next few months. Perhaps there's a tourist slump at the moment and the Thai/English tourist partnerships want to increase sales to Pattaya?

10 hours ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

How about the Mirror go do one and concentrate on the UKs massive problems including and not limited to FGM in the thousands and the rape of thousands of Rotheram girls at the hands of muslim gangs etc etc etc 

I hate these daily rags ,never buy them never will.

I am no fan of any of the UK tabloids, exaggerate any report to "prove a point".  Is Pattaya the sex capital of the world? Probably not but most would be hard pushed to find an alternative unless you are a world travelling sex tourist. Certainly reporting it as such will increase the tourist numbers but not the family tourist ones.  Pattaya is what it is.  People go there for sex, drugs and the decadence. Unlikely they would go for the beaches or authentic Thai culture or food.

However to try to compare a report of sex venues with the abuse of thousands (talking of exaggerations!)  of girls in Rotherham is pretty pathetic.  To think that that is a "massive problem" in the UK shows how much the tabloids distort peoples views of reality.  The UK has enormous problems but to quote gangs of Muslim men (who have all been arrested and jailed some time ago) as if that was relevant beggars belief.  Try turning it on it's head and talk about all the gangs of men and women forcing kids, often their own, into the sex trade in Pattaya.  Or maybe the (non Muslim) punters rushing there to abuse them.

12 hours ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

How about the Mirror go do one and concentrate on the UKs massive problems including and not limited to FGM in the thousands and the rape of thousands of Rotheram girls at the hands of muslim gangs etc etc etc 

I hate these daily rags ,never buy them never will.

What is FGM  ?   Excuse my ignorance ........

I've lived in Pattaya for about 5 years now and must say i have to agree with all the Pattaya haters. I just hate it here.

I dont like the hustle and bustle of the big cities so choose to live in Pattaya but Bkk is just a 1.5 to 2 hour max ride away in a taxi if i want a taste of the city. I live on Beach road so if i want to duck over to Koh Larn, i walk out from my condo, cross Beach Road, walk out onto the beach and wave my hand. Within 2 minutes I'm on a speed boat and heading over to the island for a true tropical beach experience. There are many beautiful and challenging golf courses, a number of great restaurants, cinemas, many places to take the kids and the nightlife is fun and relaxed. The locals are fun and cheerful (as most Thai's are) and the constant ebb and flow of tourists do bring an air of adventure and expectation to the streets. My kids go to one of the best schools at a cost of less than half of similar schools back home. What makes Pattaya interesting is its diversity and its location that opens up many other options. Search for what you want and you will find it here. 

So yes a hate Pattaya and am bewildered why i would choose to live here. 

"Mafia run Pattaya" comments are just a joke. Pattaya is no different to any other Thai community in this regard. 

Although frustrating at times, i have found the police professional and courteous even on one occasion when i was in the wrong and being abusive to them. 

The only things i would like to change if i had a magic wand would be some semblance of city planning  (too late for that now), sidewalks, parks or open spaces, and i hope to God one day Thai's could just drive correctly and stick to the rules of the road (but we all know that will never happen).

But as always as soon as the word Pattaya is mentioned haters are going to hate. To each their own i guess. Pattaya is not perfect but it is so easy to travel around based here (Utapao to Chiang Mai, taxi to Bkk, speed boat to Koh Larn, now the ferry (fingers crossed) to Hua Hin. For me, Pattaya is more central then Bkk to explore what Thailand has to offer. It is not the be all to end all places to live. 

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I beg to differ. A "resort" is a "place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation or which is frequented for a particular purpose". What is Pattaya if it's not this? Other than a "shithole" according to some, but still a shithole resort!

So Bangkok is a resort as well ?

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

I think Bangkok is frequented for many different reasons, other than vacations so it, like other metropolises, doesn't fit the definition. If Pattaya is not a resort what is it (other than a shithole)?

So Bangkok is not a place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation ?

11 hours ago, Ronanmartin19 said:

Who gives a <deleted> what the rag the mirror says ? I wouldn't wipe my are with that fake reporting bullshit lying bastard excuse for a paper. Under achieving journalists.

So this article is completely untrue and Pattaya has no sex industry?

I think even the idiotic drunks would recognise that as being incorrect. And be careful wiping your are, especially if you read online.

Archived