So Pattaya is the sex capital of the world...tell us something we don't know, say online Thais

rooster59

Actually it only exists in pattaya to cater to the appetite of western men mostly, and you could also say a large proportion of which are u.k men.

I agree so what. You could easily go on a cheap holiday there for other reasons.

it only alarms people with hangups about it and these people are sometimes hypocrites and are the most depraved of sex and are the ones most likely to indulge. Blame religion and background, selective morals the western psyche. 

Most thais couldnt give a damn having sex is as common as taking a shit. And extra marital affairs are a national pastime, some might say - grow up -its not such a big deal

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

All cities are. But not exclusively so, hence they are seldom, if ever, described as resorts. It's really not very complicated, but English can be confusing.

Yes English can be confusing but as it is my native tongue I don't see why Pattaya is reported as being a resort.

23 minutes ago, Lostpack3t said:

I've lived in Pattaya for about 5 years now and must say i have to agree with all the Pattaya haters. I just hate it here.

I dont like the hustle and bustle of the big cities so choose to live in Pattaya but Bkk is just a 1.5 to 2 hour max ride away in a taxi if i want a taste of the city. I live on Beach road so if i want to duck over to Koh Larn, i walk out from my condo, cross Beach Road, walk out onto the beach and wave my hand. Within 2 minutes I'm on a speed boat and heading over to the island for a true tropical beach experience. There are many beautiful and challenging golf courses, a number of great restaurants, cinemas, many places to take the kids and the nightlife is fun and relaxed. The locals are fun and cheerful (as most Thai's are) and the constant ebb and flow of tourists do bring an air of adventure and expectation to the streets. My kids go to one of the best schools at a cost of less than half of similar schools back home. What makes Pattaya interesting is its diversity and its location that opens up many other options. Search for what you want and you will find it here. 

So yes a hate Pattaya and am bewildered why i would choose to live here. 

"Mafia run Pattaya" comments are just a joke. Pattaya is no different to any other Thai community in this regard. 

Although frustrating at times, i have found the police professional and courteous even on one occasion when i was in the wrong and being abusive to them. 

The only things i would like to change if i had a magic wand would be some semblance of city planning  (too late for that now), sidewalks, parks or open spaces, and i hope to God one day Thai's could just drive correctly and stick to the rules of the road (but we all know that will never happen).

But as always as soon as the word Pattaya is mentioned haters are going to hate. To each their own i guess. Pattaya is not perfect but it is so easy to travel around based here (Utapao to Chiang Mai, taxi to Bkk, speed boat to Koh Larn, now the ferry (fingers crossed) to Hua Hin. For me, Pattaya is more central then Bkk to explore what Thailand has to offer. It is not the be all to end all places to live. 

A really well reasoned post and good to hear from someone who lives on the ground.  I was a fairly long term resident of Thailand and chose to live in Chiang Mai in the north of the country.  Good hospitals and schools and less brain dead drunken tourists than in the south. Two hour flight from Phuket (when Phuket was a good island to holiday on) and for me it was the best place to live in Thailand.  I have fond memories of it and still have good friends there.  For a beach resort to live in I would have chosen Hua Hin.  Easy access to Bangkok and it also has good facilities, good food and a solid ex-pat community.  I would have thought that that would be an alternative to Pattaya, especially if you have kids. 

I don't know if they exist anymore but 20 years ago I would joy ride with mates around Reading, Slough, East London, Birmingham and Manchester areas and anywhere I was living looking for the red lights in windows if you know what I mean. You just got to know where to look, there's a Pattaya everywhere in those houses. But the women are 30kg more with bad teeth... Allegedly. I don't know the quality now... Not been on punternet for years... Don't even know if it still exists.

You can live in Pattaya, like I do, and avoid all the seedy shit. I can play football every day, go running on the hill or on the beach... Watch a movie with the family for 15 quid or less and I avoid traffic fines by just giving my ticket to a friend in the traffic police! I love it here.

In 2 years of living in Pattaya I have been to Walking Street a total of 4 times....and that's only when my friends come visit from UK/US/HK.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

10 hours ago, sungod said:

Best of both worlds then

Bangkok, Taxi drivers who refuse to put on the meter and want to charge you a flat overpriced fair

The criminals in Bangkok make those in Pattaya look like children, 

Bag snatching by guys on motorbikes in central Bangkok, especially in areas of the international hotels

Soi Nana, Nana Plaza area, cess pit of the world, ladyboys, foreign drug dealers, you name it you can find it there

No traffic jams in Bangkok, just parking lots on all roads

Chuck a few bombs in every year or so............

By the way, I live in Bangkok and Pattaya half the week each.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

If you want to think of it like that, so be it. What do you think 'resort' means? Referring to a dictionary will help you.

Based on your previous post by definition Bangkok is a "resort". do you not agree ?

9 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

1400 over 16 years is not THOUSANDS and nowhere are 'muslim's' mentioned.

Of course even ONE is ONE too many but i think you need to restrain yourself somewhat.

Muslims weren't mentioned because of ridiculous political correctness, but they were Muslim ...... Take your blinkers off 

Based on your previous post by definition Bangkok is a "resort". do you not agree ?

It wasn't "my definition". It is what resort means according to an English dictionary. Feel free to have your own definition, which I would be interested to hear. I'll settle for the dictionary's definition.

9 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

1400 over 16 years is not THOUSANDS and nowhere are 'muslim's' mentioned.

Of course even ONE is ONE too many but i think you need to restrain yourself somewhat.

The offenders were almost all from a particular region of Pakistan , doubt though that most of them have been inside a mosque for years. They are culturely islamic though so enough reason to smear a few billion people.

I don't think we will ever get unanimity one way or the other. Much of the answer depends upon age; length of time in Thailand etc. For us who first came in the 60's and 70's Pattaya really was a wonderful resort with friendly people. As I have watched it develop over the decades and compare it with what it once was- and now able to speak Thai- I see it differently. Most of the people in the entertainment industry are quite rude and are after  one's money and will do anything to get it.  In addition, it's just not fun anymore. Maybe part of the lack of fun is now being ripped off is so  obvious and the more you understand about what is happening the less fun it becomes.Years ago it was not so obvious and there were much less overt ripoffs and crime.

Also, the type of people who come to Pattaya have also changed. Many of the punters are criminals; drug users; and  alcoholics as well as being abusive and downright disgusting in their behavior. It's no wonder the Thais have become hardened who live and work in Pattaya.

The chain hotels; chain fast food outlets;  chain pubs and big money have overwhelmed Pattaya by overbuilding it and causing prices to increase. To me- it looks more like a beach area in the US or Europe rather than Thailand. 

Those in power and in the tourism industry know that Pattaya is in decline as a tourist attraction and that is why they are trying to gentrify it by pushing the overt sex business either out of the city; to side streets or simply out of business. They know that the major tourist business is Chinese or middle to upper class Thais .Therefore, more shopping and restaurants. That is where the money is. It is no longer in the Western tourist and the Western tourist brings too many problems. 

The Pataya of old has already died; the current Pattaya is in the process of dying; and the future Pattaya is now rising.

10 hours ago, remobb said:

But you forgot to say "it's still a great night out"

Yes you may be right there if you are into bar fights, snatch and grab and murder and jumping out of condos

Quality Tourists not, but then again they do not visit do they

The Mirror wrote the story to warn UK people to try and keep them safe if they visit, No harm in telling 95% of the truth and 5% make up is there

Safety comes first at any cost, as here we treat a life as the most scared thing, not 2 a penny as others do in places of less repute and we also know You only live once

11 hours ago, Enoon said:

Just another newspaper, telling stories to titillate and sell advertising space.  It's not "news" in Thailand, it's not even news in the UK.

It's just time for this years commercial sex "story".

Next year it'll be Angeles City, or Mumbai, or maybe back to Prague.

All top tourism spots except  Mumbai ....I imagine the smell of unwashed bodies is very off putting

32 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Yes you may be right there if you are into bar fights, snatch and grab and murder and jumping out of condos

Quality Tourists not, but then again they do not visit do they

The Mirror wrote the story to warn UK people to try and keep them safe if they visit, No harm in telling 95% of the truth and 5% make up is there

Safety comes first at any cost, as here we treat a life as the most scared thing, not 2 a penny as others do in places of less repute and we also know You only live once

I wonder how some people even got on a plane on their own and got here in the first place, I wish these drama queens would take their melodramatics back to where ever they started their sheltered life. Grow some .......

1 minute ago, sungod said:

I wonder how some people even got on a plane on their own and got here in the first place, I wish these drama queens would take their melodramatics back to where ever they started their sheltered life. Grow some .......

Looks like you have, but point taken ps what are you drinking tonight?

Wrong.

Pattaya is not the sex capital of the world...

Tokyo/Yokohama has 33 million people, while Pattaya only has 100K + 400K tourists on any given night.

Therefore, using simple math and logic, that means there's more people having sex in Tokyo than Pattaya.

Need to narrow the accolade to "Capital of having sex with prostitute with sad, old Farang" ?

15 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

They did already. And they also reported on the gangs of old white British guys that did exactly the same thing. 

They didn't do exactly the same thing, the numbers weren't comparable and they didn't pass them round from "brother to brother"

22 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep, and with this article we are just spreading the news to everybody else of all the people that ain´t docovered this great opportunity yet!

I think the entire world population knows about the place, unfortunately Pattaya is tarnishing the reputation of the entire country.

Resort(N):
a place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation, or which is frequented for a particular purpose:

According to TAT, Thailand is a major resort.

I think the reason some people think Pattaya is a resort (more so than Bangkok) is that Pattaya is a 'Beach Resort' (the most popular type of resort).  And yes, Pattaya has a beach.

And the 'touristy area' (central pattaya and jomtien) are themselves one small part of Pattaya.

(Pattaya is huge!  I dare say most people who have not lived in pattaya for years haven't even seen the bulk of Pattaya).

4 minutes ago, john50 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You have been seing the same prostitutes for 20 years?  LMFAO!  After all this time at least they probably no longer laugh at your naked body behind your back anymore because by now they are probably used to seeing both of your inches lol.  And yeah yeah I know, everyone just has to have the last word.  So tell us, what is the most you have ever spent on a prostitute?  I am curious.  I cannot believe how many losers are willing to admit that they pay for sex wow!  Hey I bet you think strippers like you to huh.   

No  :stoner:

Ps  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Just now, john50 said:

Hey Captain 2 inches you never answered my question.  What is the most you ever paid for a hooker?  I'm really curious about that. 

Funny thing about you is , you have set yourself up as the guy

who want save  save them ,   but your starting to show your true colours.

now. 

I think the first one is called hatred.  :thumbsup:

Archived