Photos of foot waving foreigner criticized in Phuket

rooster59

What a complete load of BS.... totally fake... I have never seen more bare feet in my life, than I have in Thailand, where most remove their shoes in public.

kneeling down reveals soles to those behind

massage girls massaging feet

people on beach, guts up, with soles bared for all to see

total fake

that said... in some countries (mine anyway) its illegal to have body parts sticking out of your vehicle (unless signaling), but in this country, when considering vehicular law enforcement, worrying about a foot catching some fresh air, is farcical

totally fake!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

Four-star Bangkok hotel:  my Thai friend criticizes me for propping my weary bare feet up on a low footstool in the private hotel room.  

Three-star Michelin restaurant in Singapore (yeah, dress code and all):  the same Thai friend kicks off their shoes and sits cross-legged on the chair like they were attending some damn weeny-roast at a boy scout campfire.    

:whistling:

any supermarket any day, kids standing in the trollies being pushed round by parents= OK???

32 minutes ago, Fookhaht said:

I don't know which is the most repulsive.  The More-Thai-Than-Thou or the Less-Thai-Than-Thou brigade.

Both exude arrogance and are more repulsive than a bare foot, IMHO.

why not go on social media with 10,000 other netizens to express this  fully

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Look the truth is Thais have a myriad of 'rules and laws' invented to make sure the Lo-So's are kept in check and are deferential to their 'betters' the Hi-So's.  The list is huge from the three different 'wais' to all the different names and ways of addressing people.

Thais think they are very polite but actually they can be some of the rudest people I have come across (not all of them I'm speaking generally). When I am asked i always use the flashing lights whilst driving example. In most countries flashing lights means 'after you'  or 'thank you' here it means 'get out my ****ing way'. The feet thing is a bit rude but it's not exactly treasonous and, of course, it's always the unruly and impolite farangs never the oh-so-special Thais. One day they might break out of the shackles but it won't be in our lifetime as it's only a little bit more advanced than feudal Japan with their Shoguns stamping all over the country.

push to the front to the queue= ok as  long as  feet dont point at anyone on the way............nuts eh

1 hour ago, impulse said:

So, basically, you're just out on a Sunday morning troll?

digging a  ditch if  u must know, feel free to come help, 75metres  long 60cm deep 90cm wide.....thats the easy part, the hard  part  will be laying the concrete in that.

Crime, corruption, crashes, chaos, suicides, sinking's, drugs, drownings and death are written about all over this News Forum yet the most popular topic by far is about a tourist who stuck his foot out a window!!

My only comment is, watch the Tarantino film "Death Proof" before you stick your foot in traffic. 

rrt.PNG

On 2/18/2017 at 3:07 PM, impulse said:

According to the Thais I work with, showing someone the sole of your foot is about the equivalent of giving them the finger.  

Imagine someone driving through your home neighborhood with their hand out the window, middle finger at attention.  It would be considered disrespectful by the locals. even if that person came from a planet that had no clue what shooting someone the middle finger means.

The local shop near me has motorbike taxi guys waiting for customers, they all sprawl out out with their feet in the air. Nobody cares. Just a way to take a dig at Westerners.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

no idea why "flipping a finger"  is offensive, doesnt offend me its merely a gesture it  will cause me ZERO harm, now if their finger was covered in their shit and shoved onto my body somewhere

If you truly believe that giving a person the finger will cause you no harm I invite you to walk around any area crowded with Thai people and flip a few of them off, afterwards you can give us updates regarding your stay in Suan Doc or Ram and perhaps find time to report on other aspects of Thai culture you feel are irrelevant.

2 hours ago, chiang mai said:

If you truly believe that giving a person the finger will cause you no harm I invite you to walk around any area crowded with Thai people and flip a few of them off, afterwards you can give us updates regarding your stay in Suan Doc or Ram and perhaps find time to report on other aspects of Thai culture you feel are irrelevant.

didnt say "I" was  flipping it i said someone giving me the finger causes me no harm

How did Thais handle news media pix from a few years ago of a member of the British Royal family openly involved in a very public, scandalous toe-sucking incident?  Do Thai men keep secret treasure hordes of such images for intensely private moments of personal pleasure?

Archived