Ais fibre on 10 months

Hi,

Im looking to rent for about 10 months only. I was looking at getting ais fibre. Normally you would have to sign a 12 month contract but i think if you pay the service cost - 4800 baht up front you can then pay month to month and cancel when you like and return the router to ais when you are done.

I think the ais manager explained this but the translation was difficult so it may have been explained wrong. she kept saying pay service fee 4800 and no contract so i assume thats what she meant. Does anyone know?

Chris.

From looking at their Terms and Conditions on their webpage that sounds right.  If you pay the installation cost and return the equipment they provide you like the router, you can cancel within the 12 month period without penalty/additional costs.

But if you do not pay the installation cost...that is, take their free installation that they value at Bt4,800....they reserve the right to collect the installation fee of Bt4800 plus the remaining months due on the 12 month contract.

But since you know you could complete 10 of 12 months of a 12 month contract and taking in account the installation fee value of Bt4800 which they might hit your with and monthly plan fee (say that monthly fee is around Bt1000 depending on plan speed) you would probably be better off signing up for 12 months, taking the free installation, and then just paying for the last two months or so you couldn't utilize the whole 12 months.   Contract cancellations can get tricky sometimes...sometimes they let you out of the contract easy and with little or not cost; other times in seems they just want to collect every possible baht.

Archived