Recommendations for Android TV Box?

markcm19

5 hours ago, vogie said:

My Zidoo x9s arrived yesterday, as I mentioned in another topic on here that the ethernet cable wouldn't secure to the box, also ExpatPremium and 365Sport were not compatable on it. Sent it back today to Lazada, what would be a good replacement? I don't do gaming.

I have a similar issue with 2 Minix U1 boxes that seem to lose connection, however the plug secures, but if remove and plug in again connection returns.

If you're looking for a decent box withKodi  build, support and updates feel free to PM me.

I have a similar issue with 2 Minix U1 boxes that seem to lose connection, however the plug secures, but if remove and plug in again connection returns.

If you're looking for a decent box withKodi  build, support and updates feel free to PM me.

The TVAddons website (devoted to Kodi app add-ons) did a decent roundup the other day of what they call the best options for Android TV boxes. Good reading for any who want to bone up on the subject and some of the different hardware available.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/androidtv-kodi-boxes/

That's a bit odd to say the least.

Their number one recommendation is a device geared for gaming.

Two recommendations for devices that are Android derivatives where special procedures need to be used to install anything.

And no justification for their picks at all.

As I said, very odd.

5 hours ago, BaldPlumber said:

That's a bit odd to say the least.

Their number one recommendation is a device geared for gaming.

Two recommendations for devices that are Android derivatives where special procedures need to be used to install anything.

And no justification for their picks at all.

As I said, very odd.

And yet, from my own research a year or so ago, I came up with the same list (except the Xiaomi wasn't out then). I was replacing a Minix NEO X8-H Plus that was having issues.

Ended up with the Amazon Fire TV which does everything better than the Minix (and yes, it takes 30 seconds longer to load an app that's not in the Amazon store).

6 hours ago, BaldPlumber said:

The Amazon Fire TV box, and to a lesser extent the Fire TV stick, are very good devices for streaming video, including running Kodi. The Fire TV box a bit more expensive and much better hardware, the Fire TV stick a silly bargain price and OK hardware.

I run Kodi off my Fire TV devices all the time. And the "special procedures" you refer to is simply sideloading the Kodi app/apk file onto the device -- downloading the apk file from the Kodi website, and copying it onto the Fire TV's internal drive is one way, an even easier way is simply sending the apk file wirelessly from your Android phone or tablet to the Fire TV device via any of several apps, including ES File Explorer. Takes about one minute and a few taps on the screen of your Android phone or tablet.

Ended up buying a HiMedia Q Pro box from Lazada just to find out in order to root the Android 7 had to be replaced with Android 5.1. and not sure about the outcome. So returned it to Lazada. After getting in touch with Allstar on TV I bought another box and got everything sorted out to my full satisfaction.

Archived