Rude awakening as pick-up driver takes a nap and slips into the sea!

webfact

Rude awakening as pick-up driver takes a nap and slips into the sea!

33pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

SONGKHLA: -- A pick-up driver in Songkhla woke with a start yesterday when his vehicle rolled into the sea.

Driver Wisitphon, aged about 40, had been preparing to drag a boat out of the sea on a beach at Simila Cape in the southern Thai province.

"I was on my way home," said Wisitphon, "but unfortunately I forgot to put the handbrake on and had a nap".

The engine was off but the next thing he knew the pick-up was being gobbled up by the encroaching waves after rolling into the sea.

Fortunately help was on hand and both driver and vehicle were saved from too much damage, reported sanook.com.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-21

58 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

" Fortunately help was on hand and both driver and vehicle were saved from too much damage..."

Yeah, salt water has hardly any affect on engines and electrical systems.

Yeah, I think he will find out quickly that it is actually major damage. 

A couple of my friends had this level of fresh water in their cars during one of the Pattaya floods, both were written off! 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Driver Wisitphon, aged about 40, had been preparing to drag a boat out of the sea on a beach at Simila Cape in the southern Thai province.

"I was on my way home," said Wisitphon, "but unfortunately I forgot to put the handbrake on and had a nap".

Does claiming he was sleeping make him look any less idiotic?

Archived