"Happy Zone" is the answer to resort's woes says top cop at Pattaya crisis meeting on crime and tourism

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about have the police do their jobs?  Roving patrols, arrest those who break the law, and don't let them go with a 500B under the table fine! LOL

Don't know about you but I don't particularly want to be out drinking somewhere where they have Police patrolling about.

Not that I get up to anything that I'd need to be concerned about the Police for, it just wouldn't make for a relaxing evening...

"The key is to have crime prevention measures," he continued. "We want the operators in the area to be the eyes and ears for the authorities so that we can work together to solve the problem of crime".

Specifically he asked for all establishments to set up their own CCTV. Each venue and shop is to have their own liaison officer to work closely with police, military and the municipal authority.

He implored the businesses to keep a close watch on their areas to help stop necklace robbery and bag snatching that have become commonplace in the resort recently.

Crime prevention, a noble idea! And telling the operators to do all the work, especially during breakfast, lunch and dinner, when there is nobody in the Police station, a stroke of genius. And in the meeting with all those businesses and operators, none of them asks him what the police is going to do... 

they must employ script writers to come up with these jokes surely ,almost without exception most thais and falangs could tell them that they need to get their <deleted> off their comfy station seats and out into the not so comfy streets to at least show that there are police on duty in pattya ,they would probably find their arrests would increase by a large factor as long as they stop fineing criminals on the spot and pocketing the fines

2 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Happy Zones?   Seriously?   :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

And this from 'a top policeman'?   If this is the best they can come up with, god help us all.  Sadly, I think this IS the best they can come up with. 

It NEVER seems to occur to any of these numnuts that they should be out doing their job, policing.  They should be visible and be out enforcing, and seen to enforce, the law.   Forget about trying to track, or harrass, tourists, just go out and enforce the law, for both Thais and foreigners.   And put an end to all those tea money traffic stops.  All they do is make traffic worse and make people hate the cops even more.

"top policeman"

Policeman by name,  extortionist by nature

Yup, that should just about do it. It just seems they are asking the local business to do...well the job the police are supposed to be doing! So I guess if crime doesn't decrease they can blame it on the businesses for not doing THEIR jobs. In Rugby jargon "a hospital pass".

5 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

How about have the police do their jobs?  Roving patrols, arrest those who break the law, and don't let them go with a 500B under the table fine! LOL

How disgraceful of you to suggest that these upstanding young officers takes bribes. Lol. I wonder if they will provide free beer and girls in these happy zones. It might help tourism figures. 

If they jailed the people committing the offences and not just a 500B fine and there back on the street an hour later there would be no need for " Happy Zones" on another note I was in soi cowboy a few years back watching a Farang get the shit kicked out of him under the police safety zone sign near Tilac bar. The Thai guys kicking the shit out of him did look happy.   

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The "Happy Zone" idea comes from national police HQ

Put another star on this guys chart. By the same token there should be an "Unhappy Zone"  with a policeman at a table to take down your complaints and give you and upside down smiley face. :sad::sad::sad: Fair play to all. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Each venue and shop is to have their own liaison officer to work closely with police,

The liaison officer could call in, say once a month, and collect a contribution towards the police benevolent fund as a thank you for keeping them safe.  What could possibly go wrong?

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Nice idea, but that would require a real police force. Not feasible.

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Nice idea, but that would require a real police force. Not feasible.

To be more precise , only feasible if a concerted effort was made to tackle nepotism and corruption across the board. Wont even begin to happen in my lifetime.

Simple solution is to take a leaf out of certain Latin American jails, let the inmates run the show.  Simply cordon Pattaya off from South to North Pattaya roads along Sai 2 down to the beach.  No-one in or out without a visa, (500 baht should do the trick) if you go in good luck.  If you make it out again, well done.  Happy zone.

Archived