Fish-feeding Russian tourist jailed in Phuket

webfact

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why the taxi driver was not given 100,000 bail then?why russian  need go court and his rigged meter and offensive behaviour gets settled at the station for a 1000 bht? Hello

sorry your asking the wrong person WHY ! TIT

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, maximillian said:

It's injustice, it's unfairness, it's inequity, it's unrighteousness, it's wrongfulness with or without a verdict of a Thai court. Even to fine her 500 Baht for feeding the fish would be injustice, considering the thousands and thousands of tons of garbage deposited in the sea by Thai people. She did not do any harm to anybody. Whenever any of us is buying a fish on the market, he is doing more harm to sea life. Not ?

Good grief...

23 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

riiiiggggtt.   and it's not unlikely she planned  to spend two nights in a thai jail as part of her vacation as well, correct? what a wonderful, authentic slice of thai life vacation she planned in advance.   how clever is that?  wow!

edit:   i've looked at some of your other posts after posting my response to you.  it's clear that you are a troll, and delight in getting other members riled up with your asinine comments.  

I didn't say " it's not unlikely she planned  to spend two nights in a thai jail as part of her vacation", that was you.

Your opinion of my comments is of no consequence, thanks, anyway.  It seems that some posters don't approve of accuracy and, in that connection, you may want to look up "asinine".

23 hours ago, farcanell said:

Not yet.... but the law seems to allows for 1 year, or 100,000 or both... so I'm betting she won't see any of the bail paid back on 6 march ( I think that's when it goes to court)

Don't fancy your odds! 

Those are maximum penalties.

22 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

Held in a cell for 2 days for...for... feeding fish....

It's not often that words fail me....but....... :omfg:

...or, on the other hand, what really happened...held in a cell because she could not pay the bail amount.

17 minutes ago, farcanell said:

For the woman's sake... I hope your right... but unfortunately the PR damage is already done

Is the arrest being reported anywhere else in the world (not including Russia)?

17 hours ago, bandito said:

Oldies got arresred for playing bridge.

53 year tourist arrested for feeding fish.

Serving a friend of you a cup of koffie (in your own bar) gets you deported, no work permit.

What idiot rule will they enforce next.:cheesy::cheesy:

Hey you can crash into a cop drunk and drag him down the street until dead, no arrest, no jail time, no bail. What the hell are you complaining about.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

Hey you can crash into a cop drunk and drag him down the street until dead, no arrest, no jail time, no bail. What the hell are you complaining about.

Hey, off topic but that driver was arrested and was bailed and when the ongoing case is eventually heard in court he will be punished so no jail time yet.   He also paid several million baht agreed compensation to the officer's family, don't forget that.

2 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

I disagree with you.

feel free to list the specific law, title, number etc.

"PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist spent two nights in jail for feeding fish at Koh Racha before paying 100,000 baht bail to be released from a holding cell at Phuket Provincial Court yesterday. 

The article title is hardly a statement of the law involved.  One could be arrested for a stated reason of walking down the street, but that doesn't mean there was actually a law involved or broken.

12 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

feel free to list the specific law, title, number etc.

"PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist spent two nights in jail for feeding fish at Koh Racha before paying 100,000 baht bail to be released from a holding cell at Phuket Provincial Court yesterday. 

The article title is hardly a statement of the law involved.  One could be arrested for a stated reason of walking down the street, but that doesn't mean there was actually a law involved or broken.

Feel free to read the original OP, it's there somewhere, why is there any need for me to list the specific law, title, number etc?

But just for you it's the Wildlife Protection Act 2014,  73/2314.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:13 AM, MarkusAUST said:

Amazing Thailand!

How can it be illegal to feed fish in the sea?

Given the abuses the rivers and lakes in this country receive from pollutants and garbage, I really don't get it.

Is this some insane move from the Government to ensure all tourists go to the surrounding countries?

How is tourism going to rise with such lunacy everywhere, everyday?

Poor woman must be absolutely shellshocked.

My fishing experience has been they usually get my bait right off the hook and I don't catch any fish.  I guess I have been guilty of feeding the fish?

4 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Feel free to read the original OP, it's there somewhere, why is there any need for me to list the specific law, title, number etc?

But just for you it's the Wildlife Protection Act 2014,  73/2314.

There is no need for you to do anything.  You claimed there were details in the OP.    But you clearly must be looking at something other than the first post in this topic. 

There is no need for you to do anything.  You claimed there were details in the OP.    But you clearly must be looking at something other than the first post in this topic. 

If you had clicked on the link in the OP of this thread, and especially the other thread about that, you would have seen the exact law and reason why she was arrested.
But I guess it is easier to moan here about missing information.

sent using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Hey, off topic but that driver was arrested and was bailed and when the ongoing case is eventually heard in court he will be punished so no jail time yet.   He also paid several million baht agreed compensation to the officer's family, don't forget that.

I'm not sure he was officially arrested but I would bet a lot of money changed hands before he paid off the family for killing him. I guess its legal if you can pay for it. The fact he paid admits guilt in my book. Life and one day would work for me. Let me know when the trial starts. Ongoing case, thats funny. I haven't and won't forget.

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

I'm not sure he was officially arrested but I would bet a lot of money changed hands before he paid off the family for killing him. I guess its legal if you can pay for it. The fact he paid admits guilt in my book. Life and one day would work for me. Let me know when the trial starts. Ongoing case, thats funny. I haven't and won't forget.

There are charges outstanding against him that he acknowledged through his lawyer, he was arrested.

Paying compensation to the family of a victim is a perfectly normal legal procedure in most societies worldwide, it is not peculiar to Thai society, but it doesn't make the death of the victim "legal" as you (I hope sarcastically) suggest.  

You'll have to keep an eye on the media yourself, I'm not here to alert you to what's happening in the world.   If you think that the case/investigation is not ongoing then you really are either out of touch or you are obtusely ignoring an announcement made by senior police officers not so long ago.

4 hours ago, Phuketboy said:

Feeding fish 100,000 baht bail.  Cops selling nartocis moved to inactive posts.  

Or, as announced early today, sacked, arrested and being investigated.  They weren't selling "nartocis", though, so perhaps nartocis trafficking is not so serious?

10 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

There are charges outstanding against him that he acknowledged through his lawyer, he was arrested.

Paying compensation to the family of a victim is a perfectly normal legal procedure in most societies worldwide, it is not peculiar to Thai society, but it doesn't make the death of the victim "legal" as you (I hope sarcastically) suggest.  

You'll have to keep an eye on the media yourself, I'm not here to alert you to what's happening in the world.   If you think that the case/investigation is not ongoing then you really are either out of touch or you are obtusely ignoring an announcement made by senior police officers not so long ago.

Did I miss somthing I thought it was a "she" not a he? 

I know there are still some old shot putters around holidaying here that ate to many potatoes 

1 minute ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

Did I miss somthing I thought it was a "she" not a he? 

I know there are still some old shot putters around holidaying here that ate to many potatoes 

Yes, you did miss something, I was responding to Grubster's off topic comment.

Archived