Pattaya: The new family getaway destination for tourists?

snoop1130

The main reason that Thailand is where it is today is because of all of the american and allied troops coming here for R @ R during the Vietnam War 

and I can assure you that they did not come here for the natural scenery but now they want to try and distance themselves from that. Just another

case of thailand shooting itself in the foot again!!!

Now I know that certain authorities in Pattaya have completely lost the plot and are so far off the reservation that all they can see are the weeds ( to use a few cliches ).

Sad.

They could develop places like Hua Hin, which is already a fun devoid place, and there are miles and miles of house less beaches to the south that they could develop to their heart's content.

16 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I thought it was obvious but... I was referring to the under aged and forced prostitution that goes on in Pattaya.  It is not about the letter of the law but about crossing unacceptable lines.  There very few countries where people abide by all the laws and prostitution and drug use are usually tolerated to a great extent.  By keeping a lid on it I meant just that. 

As one that has lived in Pattaya, I think you must be referring to some other place. I never saw any under aged or forced prostitution in Pattaya, and I didn't just stay in my room and watch tv every night.

It may go on, just like in your country, but it's not visible.

2 hours ago, rodney earl said:

The main reason that Thailand is where it is today is because of all of the american and allied troops coming here for R @ R during the Vietnam War

No.

Just another case of thailand shooting itself in the foot again!!

Finally we've invoked classic TVF Poster Economics here with the ol' Golden Eggs. Good overview here in the massive Downhill thread.

26 minutes ago, johng said:

Someone was saying

On 1/27/2017 at 5:20 PM, JSixpack said:

As noted, nobody's saying that's what Pattaya has already achieved and that's what Pattaya now IS. There's no such "renown." Wants, hopes intentions, dreams, and hot air from real estate touts are just that.

Social media is a double-edged sword, ain' it. It can call attention to needed improvements, but different people have different ideas as to what "improvement" means. I think it's true that we don't need more boorish (or worse) farang behavior in Pattaya or more public attention drawn to it. Hence I hope they find this idiot and kick him out.

Archived