Video: Find this farang temple thief!

webfact

Video: Find this farang temple thief!

1am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CHIANG MAI: -- Police in Chiang Mai have appealed to the public to try and catch a western man stealing from a temple.

The man dressed in a light blue shirt and wearing long loose white trousers was caught on CCTV at the temple of Wat Umong Mahathenjan in Muang district of the northern capital, Daily News reported.

He can be seen making like he is interested in the surroundings of the temple. But when the monks have gone he returns and steals money from a donation "tree".

The money should have been destined to buy robes for monks.

Police in Chiang Mai made the appeal through the Line application at the @191chiangmai ID address.

They said the theft occurred on February 21st at 3.08pm.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-23

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What a disgusting individual, stealing from a temple.

If he is that hard up, he should go back where he came from.

Most Christian Churches are locked up at night time.......wonder why that is?(and it's not just because people might sleep in them).

Thieves are to be found all over the world. House breaking is stealing from families and children....is that not a worse crime?

15 minutes ago, tkoenig said:

Doesn't this guy know you can't get away from Karma... It will get you in the end!

tkoenig  Yes powerful images and should not be too difficult to find. Take your point about Karma, but I have not yet witnessed it.

8 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

tkoenig  Yes powerful images and should not be too difficult to find. Take your point about Karma, but I have not yet witnessed it.

Yes ive also wondered about that. Dont have to look to far around the world to see bad people doing bad shit and getting away with it.

Certainly Thailand is unique though, when you can get caught by the authorities and still get away with it..

Or better still, wrongdoings  not even investigated if you are influencial enough!

Probably a compulsive shoplifter. I’m sure he didn’t desperately need the money. How many wealthy celebrities have been caught shoplifting? -- Lindsay Lohan, Winona Ryder -- Jennifer Capriati, if anyone remembers her, walked off with a $15 ring from a kiosk somewhere. I guess she just couldn’t resist. Get this guy to a shrink.

What is his TV member name? I am sure that he is one of those TV members who online claim that they are so rich, making monies online or something else, are married to hiso thai-chinese wifes, live like a king upcountry, etc etc.

By the way, this news has appeared in all the thai dailies and also appearing in more and moreTV  morning news today. Good PR image for farangs!

22 minutes ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Stealing from religious places, shame on you, no comments!

Preferable punishment should be cleaning a temple for a week.

As religions have been telling outright lies, stealing from the ignorant populations and been the cause of millions of deaths over the centuries, taking a few Baht from a wealthy temple shouldn't be a big issue.

And anyway, these buddhist monks are supposed to give up worldly goods, so he is simply helping them out.

49 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

Maybe an Ozzy thats had his pension cut off by a greedy Australian Government ! still not right !

From his countenance and walk he seems European, possibly French.

All this talk about karma, does it apply to all the criminal monks in this country?

29 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

What is his TV member name? I am sure that he is one of those TV members who online claim that they are so rich, making monies online or something else, are married to hiso thai-chinese wifes, live like a king upcountry, etc etc.

By the way, this news has appeared in all the thai dailies and also appearing in more and moreTV  morning news today. Good PR image for farangs!

Actually....Ex S.A.S. or C.I.A. ///// .......But cannot talk it about it....:goof:

Having looked at the video again, he could claim that he was simply adding to the donations and straightening the tree.

The camera does not show the money coming off the tree, only something going into his pocket, which he could say was what was left after he had peeled a note off a wad to pin on the tree.

Many Thais believe us Farang all have money trees at home that grow 50 Pound notes, which is why we are supposedly, stinking rich, which is why they feel no guilt at fleecing us blind.

Having said that, this guy is a real lowlife scumbag. I hope he is caught and gets hammered by the courts. Utterly disgraceful.

34 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

What a stupid post...

facepalm.gif

Archived