Video: Find this farang temple thief!

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he stole a few baht from a money tree. Obviously that's wrong but the over reaction is bordering on ridiculous. It's a petty crime worthy of a slap on the wrist and a small fine. If a Thai person did this it wouldn't even be on the news. Of course, Thai people would never steal anything...

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

Well....raising requirement to 8 million baht the equivalent to more than a quarter million $ U.S......   that would mean that I would never be able to live in Thailand, because I barely meet the present requirement. But I have enough income to meet present Thai requirements for the O-A visa.... and I have enough to support myself and one other person...  with a cushion for emergency medical.

Yet even though I do not have a lot of money,  I am a law-abiding Therevada Buddhist myself with great respect for Buddhism and I am happy to give to temples and charity ...to those who are not as fortunate as me,.... from what have. I do not commit theft. I do my absolute best to follow the Five Precepts, and sometimes I fail... because I am not perfect.  But I NEVER intentionally take sentient life... not even of bugs... ... and I never take what is not freely given to me....  I do NOT commit theft.       I  live simply and I'm content..  

Honesty is not determined by how much money one has.    It seems to me that you are prejudiced against people who have much less than you. 

Please rethink your idea....     There are already laws in Thailand and other countries against theft.   We do not need new laws.  This criminal is able to be punished under existing laws..     We don't need new laws that would be harsh to people simply because they are not well off financially. It is not a crime to be poorer than you. 

2 hours ago, playboy said:

He may think those money are growing from the money tree are free to take?   Just an innocent guy?

You mean it isn't?

I thought the safe with the slot in it is where you gave.

And the money represents the fruits on "The Tree of Enlightment" (and the "value" they contain).  Value which is free to all, if only they just reach out and pluck it.

Not big money obviously........it's only "symbolic".

Like so much of their criminal refuge, grasping, hoarding, hypocritical, unreformed, ritual strangled, theocratic, heirarchy propping, state within a state......referred to as "Thai Bhuddism".

2 hours ago, loong said:

Disgusting. How will the monks be able to buy the latest iPads etc if somebody else steals the money first?

Another not unusual TV post: How to manufacture a cheap shot w/tunnel-visioned adaptation, manipulation, misrepresentation and  arrogant, ignorant skill.

Cant' find a single good thing to say, except booze is cheap and so is the replacement costs of furniture I broke at my last fun bar fight.

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Most Christian Churches are locked up at night time.......wonder why that is?(and it's not just because people might sleep in them).

Thieves are to be found all over the world. House breaking is stealing from families and children....is that not a worse crime?

Sad but there is little respect anywhere these days. Money has become the new god.

A better analogy would be the low-life scum who steal charity collection boxes  - that is about as low as this cretin.

He should be prosecuted, fined, jailed for a time then deported with a life ban. 

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Well....raising requirement to 8 million baht the equivalent to more than a quarter million $ U.S......   that would mean that I would never be able to live in Thailand, because I barely meet the present requirement. But I have enough income to meet present Thai requirements for the O-A visa.... and I have enough to support myself and one other person...  with a cushion for emergency medical.

Yet even though I do not have a lot of money,  I am a law-abiding Therevada Buddhist myself with great respect for Buddhism and I am happy to give to temples and charity ...to those who are not as fortunate as me,.... from what have. I do not commit theft. I do my absolute best to follow the Five Precepts, and sometimes I fail... because I am not perfect.  But I NEVER intentionally take sentient life... not even of bugs... ... and I never take what is not freely given to me....  I do NOT commit theft.       I  live simply and I'm content..  

Honesty is not determined by how much money one has.    It seems to me that you are prejudiced against people who have much less than you. 

Please rethink your idea....     There are already laws in Thailand and other countries against theft.   We do not need new laws.  This criminal is able to be punished under existing laws..     We don't need new laws that would be harsh to people simply because they are not well off financially. It is not a crime to be poorer than you. 

An intelligent response from a kind person. Sadly probably wasted on the person you replied to. He probably thinks the answer to stop murders would be to exterminate the human race!

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Maybe an Ozzy thats had his pension cut off by a greedy Australian Government ! still not right !

2 hours ago, Panda13 said:

Might have alzheimers or just a garden variety kleptomanic

Most likely just a generic thief. A young thief who ages  30 years becomes an elderly thief

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

This doesn't appear to be about money, but mental illness... 

What a despicable thing to do... 

How do you know? What do you think young thieves become? Thailand has its share of    real estate touts and boiler room employees.What do you think happens when they are put out to pasture?

37 minutes ago, johnhw said:

Another not unusual TV post: How to manufacture a cheap shot w/tunnel-visioned adaptation, manipulation, misrepresentation and  arrogant, ignorant skill.

Cant' find a single good thing to say, except booze is cheap and so is the replacement costs of furniture I broke at my last fun bar fight.

I sympathize with his original comment. A thief who puts on a monl's robe   doesn't stop  being a thief. He is only on holiday.  Need a hint? Tiger Temple. Inaction. Terrible.

20 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Most likely just a generic thief. A young thief who ages  30 years becomes an elderly thief

How do you know? What do you think young thieves become? Thailand has its share of    real estate touts and boiler room employees.What do you think happens when they are put out to pasture?

I sympathize with his original comment. A thief who puts on a monl's robe   doesn't stop  being a thief. He is only on holiday.  Need a hint? Tiger Temple. Inaction. Terrible.

How do I know? - I don't know the man - it is a comment on TVF - and thus, if you read my post, it says "Appears to be" - - but you connect him with RE touts and boiler room - so, obviously you KNOW something more than I do... and part of my stated presumption was that those trees mostly have 20 baht notes and he did not take that many and yet his clothes and glasses did not look cheap... what made you speculate that he was boiler room? Or real estate? 

Sure, you can speculate but others here should not. 

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

How do I know? - I don't know the man - it is a comment on TVF - and thus, if you read my post, it says "Appears to be" - - but you connect him with RE touts and boiler room - so, obviously you KNOW something more than I do... and part of my stated presumption was that those trees mostly have 20 baht notes and he did not take that many and yet his clothes and glasses did not look cheap... what made you speculate that he was boiler room? Or real estate? 

Sure, you can speculate but others here should not. 

The bottom line is the thief is an ass___e.

Before you judge the man walk in his shoes. Perhaps he is down on his luck and needs the money to eat, perhaps he has mental issues, perhaps he did not take anything as the video is not really 100% clear. We don't know why he did this. And shouldn't that money go to help those in need. Monks have all the robes they need as most buckets with soap and food that are given include a robe.
The temples get rich while people starve and do without .... shame on the system as it is for not reaching out to people in need.
My 2 cents worth .... for what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

Well this topic has sure reached frenzy proportions. This guy is sure whipped up. Whats next tar and feathers. Its so amazing how a topic get people in a lather like this. Yish. 

Archived