BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Video: Find this farang temple thief!

Very sad individual. Prefer to do myself in if it came to it.

The money should have been destined to buy robes for monks

As opposed to new phones / sunglasses etc? :giggle:

So he stole a few baht from a money tree. Obviously that's wrong but the over reaction is bordering on ridiculous. It's a petty crime worthy of a slap on the wrist and a small fine. If a Thai person did this it wouldn't even be on the news. Of course, Thai people would never steal anything...

1 hour ago, pegman said:

Kinda looks like goodie 2 shoes James S..

No, it's Putin with a wig, I'm sure

17 minutes ago, transam said:

What a stupid post...

facepalm.gif

And earn 650,000 baht per month ($290,000AU per year). Would you even want to come to Thailand if you retired on that income?

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

Well....raising requirement to 8 million baht the equivalent to more than a quarter million $ U.S......   that would mean that I would never be able to live in Thailand, because I barely meet the present requirement. But I have enough income to meet present Thai requirements for the O-A visa.... and I have enough to support myself and one other person...  with a cushion for emergency medical.

Yet even though I do not have a lot of money,  I am a law-abiding Therevada Buddhist myself with great respect for Buddhism and I am happy to give to temples and charity ...to those who are not as fortunate as me,.... from what have. I do not commit theft. I do my absolute best to follow the Five Precepts, and sometimes I fail... because I am not perfect.  But I NEVER intentionally take sentient life... not even of bugs... ... and I never take what is not freely given to me....  I do NOT commit theft.       I  live simply and I'm content..  

Honesty is not determined by how much money one has.    It seems to me that you are prejudiced against people who have much less than you. 

Please rethink your idea....     There are already laws in Thailand and other countries against theft.   We do not need new laws.  This criminal is able to be punished under existing laws..     We don't need new laws that would be harsh to people simply because they are not well off financially. It is not a crime to be poorer than you. 

Maybe he needs a new wig, some holes in that one as can be clearly seen in the video!!!

2 hours ago, playboy said:

He may think those money are growing from the money tree are free to take?   Just an innocent guy?

You mean it isn't?

I thought the safe with the slot in it is where you gave.

And the money represents the fruits on "The Tree of Enlightment" (and the "value" they contain).  Value which is free to all, if only they just reach out and pluck it.

Not big money obviously........it's only "symbolic".

Like so much of their criminal refuge, grasping, hoarding, hypocritical, unreformed, ritual strangled, theocratic, heirarchy propping, state within a state......referred to as "Thai Bhuddism".

59 minutes ago, transam said:

What a stupid post...

facepalm.gif

Yes it is but far from being the only one on this topic :saai:

2 hours ago, loong said:

Disgusting. How will the monks be able to buy the latest iPads etc if somebody else steals the money first?

Another not unusual TV post: How to manufacture a cheap shot w/tunnel-visioned adaptation, manipulation, misrepresentation and  arrogant, ignorant skill.

Cant' find a single good thing to say, except booze is cheap and so is the replacement costs of furniture I broke at my last fun bar fight.

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Most Christian Churches are locked up at night time.......wonder why that is?(and it's not just because people might sleep in them).

Thieves are to be found all over the world. House breaking is stealing from families and children....is that not a worse crime?

Sad but there is little respect anywhere these days. Money has become the new god.

A better analogy would be the low-life scum who steal charity collection boxes  - that is about as low as this cretin.

He should be prosecuted, fined, jailed for a time then deported with a life ban. 

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Well....raising requirement to 8 million baht the equivalent to more than a quarter million $ U.S......   that would mean that I would never be able to live in Thailand, because I barely meet the present requirement. But I have enough income to meet present Thai requirements for the O-A visa.... and I have enough to support myself and one other person...  with a cushion for emergency medical.

Yet even though I do not have a lot of money,  I am a law-abiding Therevada Buddhist myself with great respect for Buddhism and I am happy to give to temples and charity ...to those who are not as fortunate as me,.... from what have. I do not commit theft. I do my absolute best to follow the Five Precepts, and sometimes I fail... because I am not perfect.  But I NEVER intentionally take sentient life... not even of bugs... ... and I never take what is not freely given to me....  I do NOT commit theft.       I  live simply and I'm content..  

Honesty is not determined by how much money one has.    It seems to me that you are prejudiced against people who have much less than you. 

Please rethink your idea....     There are already laws in Thailand and other countries against theft.   We do not need new laws.  This criminal is able to be punished under existing laws..     We don't need new laws that would be harsh to people simply because they are not well off financially. It is not a crime to be poorer than you. 

An intelligent response from a kind person. Sadly probably wasted on the person you replied to. He probably thinks the answer to stop murders would be to exterminate the human race!

Off topic but I had a collection box for the blind stolen from my shop, I caught the shit..