BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Video: Find this farang temple thief!

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Maybe an Ozzy thats had his pension cut off by a greedy Australian Government ! still not right !

2 hours ago, Panda13 said:

Might have alzheimers or just a garden variety kleptomanic

Most likely just a generic thief. A young thief who ages  30 years becomes an elderly thief

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

This doesn't appear to be about money, but mental illness... 

What a despicable thing to do... 

How do you know? What do you think young thieves become? Thailand has its share of    real estate touts and boiler room employees.What do you think happens when they are put out to pasture?

37 minutes ago, johnhw said:

Another not unusual TV post: How to manufacture a cheap shot w/tunnel-visioned adaptation, manipulation, misrepresentation and  arrogant, ignorant skill.

Cant' find a single good thing to say, except booze is cheap and so is the replacement costs of furniture I broke at my last fun bar fight.

I sympathize with his original comment. A thief who puts on a monl's robe   doesn't stop  being a thief. He is only on holiday.  Need a hint? Tiger Temple. Inaction. Terrible.

20 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Most likely just a generic thief. A young thief who ages  30 years becomes an elderly thief

How do you know? What do you think young thieves become? Thailand has its share of    real estate touts and boiler room employees.What do you think happens when they are put out to pasture?

I sympathize with his original comment. A thief who puts on a monl's robe   doesn't stop  being a thief. He is only on holiday.  Need a hint? Tiger Temple. Inaction. Terrible.

How do I know? - I don't know the man - it is a comment on TVF - and thus, if you read my post, it says "Appears to be" - - but you connect him with RE touts and boiler room - so, obviously you KNOW something more than I do... and part of my stated presumption was that those trees mostly have 20 baht notes and he did not take that many and yet his clothes and glasses did not look cheap... what made you speculate that he was boiler room? Or real estate? 

Sure, you can speculate but others here should not. 

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

How do I know? - I don't know the man - it is a comment on TVF - and thus, if you read my post, it says "Appears to be" - - but you connect him with RE touts and boiler room - so, obviously you KNOW something more than I do... and part of my stated presumption was that those trees mostly have 20 baht notes and he did not take that many and yet his clothes and glasses did not look cheap... what made you speculate that he was boiler room? Or real estate? 

Sure, you can speculate but others here should not. 

The bottom line is the thief is an ass___e.

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

At least he wears an appropriate outfit for a temple visit.

But the Temple seems to have now made a contribution towards it.......sad-face.gif

Before you judge the man walk in his shoes. Perhaps he is down on his luck and needs the money to eat, perhaps he has mental issues, perhaps he did not take anything as the video is not really 100% clear. We don't know why he did this. And shouldn't that money go to help those in need. Monks have all the robes they need as most buckets with soap and food that are given include a robe.
The temples get rich while people starve and do without .... shame on the system as it is for not reaching out to people in need.
My 2 cents worth .... for what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Forensics should dust for footprints then it should be easy to nail the swine!

4 hours ago, playboy said:

He may think those money are growing from the money tree are free to take?   Just an innocent guy?

Really.. and the monks just forgot to put a sign under the tree saying please help yourself??

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Really.. and the monks just forgot to put a sign under the tree saying please help yourself??

:cheesy:

3 hours ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

Well this topic has sure reached frenzy proportions. This guy is sure whipped up. Whats next tar and feathers. Its so amazing how a topic get people in a lather like this. Yish. 

I think I may have recognized this man...how can I make an anonymous report to the police?

This response is meant to be a joke .........................

but its just a reversal of the ( not so poor) monks stealing from the gullible population,,,,,LOL   :sleep: