Video: Find this farang temple thief!

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

What thread do you think you are in sweetheart?? Did you take your meds today??  Let me help you back to bed.

Wow, many of the derogatory comments on here seem to me to be way over the top, for what is a petty theft (if proved)  at worst and certainly not worthy of some of the drastic punishments proposed by some posters.  I believe a certain monk is accused of many serious offences involving at least a couple of hundred million bahts and I seem to recall that nothing has happened to him yet and that thousands of his fellow monks are protecting him.  Many more have been in the news over the past year or so for varying activities which have not been in accordance with true Buddhist tradition, so it is not always easy to be in complete sympathy with them.

My ex-Thai wife paid 500 baht for a form of fortune-telling from a monk in our local temple and while we were there, I counted 27 plastic buckets containg robes and toiletries etc. piled up in his small chalet.

Where I now live next to a Buddhist temple, it never seems to exhaust its funds for never-ending building on its (about) 3 rai of land and also helps itself to free electricity from a nearby electricty pole with coloured cable and no meter.   I doubt that is legal even for a temple in Thailand, which means they are stealing from the electricity company and ultimately from ordinary poor people who end up paying a bit more for their own supply.   If temples are entitled to free electricity by law, perhaps someone in the know would kindly inform me.

12 hours ago, jwest10 said:

tkoenig  Yes powerful images and should not be too difficult to find. Take your point about Karma, but I have not yet witnessed it.

Well, nobody can tell when kamma will work itself out. It might be millions of lives later or it might be in this very life. That's why very often we see the wicked prospering. I guess the Buddha would know in any individual case, but he refused to help people speculate on stuff like that. He only taught the end of suffering. In fact he explained one time that we don't even know enough to know what questions to ask. Stick with ending suffering and let the metaphysical stuff take care of itself.

12 hours ago, Canceraid said:

The immigration should reconsider the Bt 800,000 bank balance for retirement visas and instead raise it to 8 million baht and start doing a crackdown on all these farang illegal overstayers etc.

So you think it's okay to discriminate against farang who are less wealthy than you appear to be? I have  a message for you but it is probably not in keeping with ThaiVisa posting guidelines.

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a disgusting individual, stealing from a temple.

If he is that hard up, he should go back where he came from.

Where do you think the temples get their money from, they sell hope which is akin to theft.

21 hours ago, jwest10 said:

tkoenig  Yes powerful images and should not be too difficult to find. Take your point about Karma, but I have not yet witnessed it.

You may be about to witness it with this incident.

You bring karma on yourself.....he's stolen before, got away with it, did it again a few times, then went for the big one, stealing from the monks, CCTV, busted, perhaps in the pen.   That's karma at work.

On 23/02/2017 at 8:28 AM, tracker1 said:

Maybe an Ozzy thats had his pension cut off by a greedy Australian Government ! still not right !

Perhaps he should have worked and saved for his retirement instead of going on welfare and living in Thailand, bludgers.

Archived