No joy for boat operators as 500 protest two tier pricing

webfact

It is about time that someone took notice and did something about this double pricing, it has been common for far too long and for it to be government sanctioned

is laughable. Why should foreigners not pay the same as thais. I know in my country and many other countries everyone pays the same. Just another way to rip

tourists off.  Talk about Bite the Hand That Feeds You.!!!

Its time the industry realize the main reason any tourist visits the region is due to it being less expensive, despite what anyone says. After all it costs most around $1000 to get here and we are looking to offset these costs with cheaper activities, otherwise why come? I think this is mistaken for "if they can afford $1000 they can afford to pay extra for this...".

This thinking applies whether you are a high flyer looking to save on yacht mooring fees or a low end tourist looking to save on cigarettes and booze.

400 and 200 thb reasonable. Not from where I am sitting, not when thais pay 40 and 20. They tried to charge me once and I did not pay

and I never will and I know quite a few others who will not pay these exhorbitant prices. Everyone pays the same price in my country and

in many countries that I have been to, and as far as I am concerned it should be the same here. Ah Well. Bite the hand that feeds you.!!!

Yes, but none of them enforce them now!

The globalist have everyone in the world  discriminating against each other. 

Guests in Thailand should not complain and if they are not happy leave as all they do is cause trouble for everyone.

I would be interested to hear you name one civilized country now.

Wow, it took until post #26 until the go home brigade appears [emoji122]
TVF is so predictable...

But to contribute something to the topic, two tier pricing maybe for tourists.
If you can afford to come here for holiday you should be able to pay the entrance fee.
However it leaves a leaves a bad feeling that you're always being fleeced and considered rich as Farang.
But what about long term residents, students, retired people?
I contribute daily by paying VAT and so on to the Thai economy so why should I not pay the Thai price..
The solution as it was before was fine...

Archived