Thai Golfer Card

jjspitz

The thaigolfer website advertises a one year golf membership card that entitles you to discounts to about 40 or so golf courses around Thailand. I also noticed a few posts at their website that said a few card holders were refused their discounts at some cousrses. So, I was curious if anyone out there has a card and if you can comment about the service. Do you get the discounts advertised or not ?

• 2 weeks later...
The thaigolfer website advertises a one year golf membership card that entitles you to discounts to about 40 or so golf courses around Thailand. I also noticed a few posts at their website that said a few card holders were refused their discounts at some cousrses. So, I was curious if anyone out there has a card and if you can comment about the service. Do you get the discounts advertised or not ?

I considered getting a card when I arrived last November intending to use it at Chuen Cheun regularly but I asked at the club desk about discount and they knew nothing. I advised Thai Golfer and they were going to contact the club. When I mentioned the card to a freind who visits every year he said it was a waste of money. My feeling is that you should check out the individual clubs they list and see if there is anything in it before you buy. I think if the club is expensive and you still want to play it they can afford to bring the price down but the lesser clubs cannot.