BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

"Tourists come to Pattaya for nature not sex" says police chief as British businessmen blamed

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

"It is not true,it is just lies. Pattaya is more about nature than sex.

:cheesy: x 100

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Tourists come to Pattaya for nature ......" says police chief

This is nonsense. Everyone knows that tourists come to Pattaya to be mugged on Beach Road, have their pockets picked on Bahtbuses, to be targeted by police for imaginary traffic violations, to be overcharged by everyone everywhere and, for the really lucky ones, to buy an expensive off-plan condo that will never be built.

That's what I came here for anyway.

Hilarious.  What nature its all concrete and polluted beaches.  The wildlife is prostitutes on every corner, ladyboys and all the assorted misfits and criminals fleeing from around the world.

15 minutes ago, clockman said:

The truth always hurts, Does anybody know roughly the revenue from the entertainment sector?

You mean bird watching and nature walks.

When I initially read the comments form 'Thai netizens' about the report in The Mirror, I thought that something wasn't right. Many seemed to take it very well and were honest about what we already know. I thought that maybe it was just one of those "So what?" remarks when you literally have no comeback or couldn't possibly make yourself look foolish arguing against something that is so obvious. 

Now we're seeing that the report has got under the skin of many. Comments like; "people come for the nature and not sex" are so clearly deluded. If you really believe that, what are you actually going to clean up? Unfortunately for those who really do what clean up the image - money will come first. Face is only as strong as the people who believe or pretend to believe it. Foreigners certainly don't. 

Mountains- Nope

Forest- Nope

Beautiful Parks- Nope

Even one Park- Nope

Possibly the worst beach of any beach resort in the world... 

Lots of green spaces-Nope

Any green spaces?-Nope

Rivers-Nope

Wildlife as in animals-Nope

The only natural wonder I see is wondering how the ocean

water can be so black...

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

tourists come to the resort for its natural wonders.

Yes. I saw arrow spitting p---y.

the biggest natural wonder of this place is the unbelievable fact that Pattaya's Police Chief really believes in what he is saying. 

I wonder if he ever took a step out of his office to look where his job has landed him

32 minutes ago, clockman said:

The truth always hurts, Does anybody know roughly the revenue from the entertainment sector?

A whole lot more than the nature sector!

naturist's in their beauty all on show for as little as a half price taxi fare.where else can you SEE SUCH BEAUTY.

47 minutes ago, clockman said:

Impossible to give you an accurate number. Probably around 80-85% as you have to factor in restaurants, bars like iBar, Marine and then the restaurant business, car and motorbike rental business, real estate, street vendors etc.. 

There are very few people.. lets call them 'ordinary couples' that would make Pattaya their home. 

My shit doesn't smell better than anyone else and I really just like the ease of the city and have no interest in its entertainment venues. 

Call me one of the few who aren't driving from Bangkok to Pattaya for the entertainment. 

If I currently had the ability to move back to a nice pool villa in or around Pattaya compared to my high rise condo in Bangkok, I would have moved yesterday, but having all my friends here in Bangkok, would make Pattaya a pretty lonely place for the misses and myself. 

Sure there is lots more to do than in Bangkok where it takes 2 hours to get to the supermarket and 2 hours to get back, but I'd still be on my own down there which is the only reason we didn't bite the bullet (again) and moved back there. 

Yep he's right, young horny men go to Pattaya to join the monastery to meditate and crush grapes,

Again....he's the chief of police there?.....  

"Tourists come to Pattaya for many reasons, he said, and while he accepted that some come for the sex trade it did not mean that was the only thing on offer and that there were prostitutes on every corner."

Maybe not everyone comes to Pattaya for sex, but there are prostitutes on pretty much every corner.

Ridiculous denial of what is blatantly true.

Very Thai though. If you don't like it, or think it is embarassing, simply deny it. Problem solved.

I used to wonder what goes through the minds of idiots like this, until I realised they are in need of a mind to start with.

Just because Pattaya is a bit of a jungle...does not mean there is any nature involved!