"Tourists come to Pattaya for nature not sex" says police chief as British businessmen blamed

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

".....Pattaya was the sex capital of the world and 1 in 5 of its female population were sex workers"

Some might say that 1 in 5 of the Pattaya RTP were monthly collectors of "insurance" from these same establishments he is complaining about. 

There is already a nudist group that do their stuff on some nearby island maybe best not to say too much or we'll be reading about them being arrested for going out in public with no underwear,or offering tasty dangly morsels to hungry fishes.

I am most relieved to hear that the police are talking this problem seriously.I came here with the erroneous belief that Walking Street was a joint venture run by the National Trust and the Ramblers Association.

I am completely at my wits end and now on tranquilisers due to being pestered here for sex. Well done the Daily Mirror

3 hours ago, madmitch said:

Pattaya's police chief would have been better to just keep his mouth shut and let the Mirror article be forgotten.

He'd have been better to do some work and find out that this Mirror article is a rehash of a story several years old; and comment that the Mirror is a rag regarded as a comic and not a serious heavy weight publication.

But no, just deny as usual. Pattaya is not the sex capital of the world but there is a large sex and adult entertainment industry which whilst not all over Pattaya is fairly open where it is. And a large number of visitors to Pattaya are single males, groups of single males, looking for cheap booze and tarts. 

So how many of the sex establishments, bars, gogo, massage, clubs are owned by British Businessmen then? And how do those cunning Brits get the work permits for all those Russian and East European girls?

Coming out with comments like this could provoke a piece of real investigative journalism from a real newspaper - on all the issues. Ouch!

12 minutes ago, kalidescopemind said:

Beach Road is literally a Drag (Queen), so cleanup there is a good idea.  I wonder how he blames the Brits?  I saw one Russian ring, and the rest seemed to be Thai.

I went to Pattaya because they have a lot of good priced housing, and it has a beach. 

forget the Queens get rid of the millions of  RATS:bah:

2 hours ago, clockman said:

The truth always hurts, Does anybody know roughly the revenue from the entertainment sector?

It wasn,t all that long ago, before the automaking industry took over, that tourism was stated as the biggest money earner, but I would say that these figures would NOT reflect the massive amounts of money that change hands every night for "pleasant company". If these figures could somehow be assessed I think they would dwarf the sums spent on hotels and food, possibly regaining place as the top earner :)

Archived