"Tourists come to Pattaya for nature not sex" says police chief as British businessmen blamed

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Hilarious.  What nature its all concrete and polluted beaches.  The wildlife is prostitutes on every corner, ladyboys and all the assorted misfits and criminals fleeing from around the world.

The hilarious part is that millions of tourists are still coming to Pattaya. No business can sustain without a demand : prostitutes, ladyboys, bars or temples

Hypocricy personified.

No way that you could be in Pattaya City more than a couple of days and not realise that it's main attraction is the sex trade and that there's probably nowhere in the world to touch it in this respect. Even if you're a police chief.

Don't forget also the trade purely for domestic usage which I'm sure outstrips that aimed at tourists. All those karaoki bars with the coloured fluorescent lights outside which spring up when darkeness falls. You see those all over the country, even in the smallest town. Most of the girls who work in those are on the game I'm sure. Can't pin that on the Brits.

Why hasn't the chief mentioned all the Russian "Ladies" who work in Walking Street, dancing in windows or hanging around the alleyways? Brits hardly responsible for that either.

Sometimes it's best to let people suspect that you're an idot rather than open your mouth and confirm it.

Is there a square meter in all of tourist Pattaya that hasn't been bulldozed, cultivated, paved over or manicured?   In the tourist section, I mean.   I know some pretty spots, but only because there are few or no tourists that far off the path.  

Sure, some of it is nicely manicured, but is any of it natural any more?

Hard to argue that tourists are coming for the nature when all the nature has been plowed under and built up to accommodate the tourists who come to see it.

Yes a haven drawing millions every year from all over the world to visit the 25 potted plants scattered around the city and a total of over 800 coconut and casuarina trees growing along beach road, a haven for 2 species of birds such as pigeons and a refuge for English sparrows. Other attractions include Central Pattaya shopping Mall also probably a natural formation that somehow is also full of shops selling things. Naturally formed air is available for breathing throughout the city and in abundance when one goes indoors and 100% natural water flows from all of the taps and toilets city wide. It has been said that the lucky may get glimpse of even a herring or two gasping their last breaths along the edge of the peaceful sylvan cove that is Pattaya bay. Pattaya  is a national treasure and is long over due to be zoned as the country's latest national park. Thais 40 baht, foreigners 400 baht per day, pay at the kiosks on all out going roads as you leave the magic paradise.  

3 hours ago, aslimversgwm said:

Come to Chiang Mai and enjoy all the things you list. We really do have them except a sea beach but there are lakes with bays and sandy outcrops and clean clear water to swim in.

Just remember to take your smog mask and plenty of books to stave off the boredom, especially in the so-called bars. Mind you, sometimes they have really exciting quiz nights. If you want real excitement though, you can go to a karaoki bar and either get ripped off or severely beaten up. The choice is yours.

I would certainly crack down on the mules that don't pay. The whales pay very well thank you.

I cannot imagine an RTP without the takings of prostitution handed up at the end of the month. No one would work for them, they would cease to exist.

Pimping is as much ingrained in RTP as the oldest profession in the world in society.

Maybe for the sake of sanity we should preserve the status quo

This must be the funniest statement I heard from a Thai official in a very long time.

Has this man even ever been to Pattaya?

polluted everywhere : the sea, the air full of fine and not-so-fine dust, horrible smell from the sewages, garbage on the roads and sidewalks,

On top of that: deadly traps on footpaths (above, electric cables and other dangers, below: potholes, steel sticking out from concrete, damaged curbs.

Tap water is sometimes pink, sometimes brown, but never clear.

Nature is destroyed on a daily basis with motor saws cutting away the last remaining trees (particularly on Pratumnak Hill, not many trees left elsewhere).

At night, one can sometimes see the illegal burning of garbage either in Pattaya's outskirts or Koh Larn.

The disposal of regular, biological and chemical waste into the sea between Koh Larn and Pattaya is legendary and largly unchanged since decades.

I could go on and on. And did I already mention the tour buses congesting and polluting the city?

I could go on laughing for hours.  This 'police chief' should be happy that prostitution IS THERE. Otherwise, no one in the sense of his mind would spend a single day in Pattaya.

Pattaya is a 'fun city' because 'it never sleeps' and there are plenty of entertainment available, prostitution being one of its major ones.

Only someone with absolutely NO understanding of 'brand images' and 'unique brand net worths' can make a statement like the above.

He should be fired right away, because he is doing damage to a world-known city that makes billions per year from wealthy and middle class tourists (and expats) who pay well for some days or weeks of uninterrupted fun.

Just my 2c.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

The last time I went to Pattaya was for the buffet at the Mantra.

Was told there is a dress code  there.

Don't know if it's true or not.

But i don't do dress code for food,   in third world countries.

so never been,  bet the food is very good.

Apichai Kroppetch : I would love to get a guided tour from you to see all the natural beauties and natural wonders!
does anbody think he know what the hell he is talking about???

Yes not all tourists are going to Pattaya for sex: they go for a cheap place with a dirty beach....ups natural wonder!

Most people have knocked the police chief for his comments.  Actually many people possibly do go to Pattaya for nature. As one op has already commented Beavers are quite common and the place should be on the world wildlife map owing to the highest proportion of bald beavers most probably anywhere.  Then there are the world renowned greater crested nocturnal tits to be seen which are famous for there musically induced mating habits.

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

This is nonsense. Everyone knows that tourists come to Pattaya to be mugged on Beach Road, have their pockets picked on Bahtbuses, to be targeted by police for imaginary traffic violations, to be overcharged by everyone everywhere and, for the really lucky ones, to buy an expensive off-plan condo that will never be built.

That's what I came here for anyway.

Well said. I tried the natural wonders.  Went on a snorkeling outing, mostly just came across old soccer balls and other rubbish on the ocean floor.

57 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Was told there is a dress code  there.

Don't know if it's true or not.

But i don't do dress code for food,   in third world countries.

so never been,  bet the food is very good.

I've been there several times now; I think only once did I have on long pants. The last time I went, I wore cargo shorts, black t-shirt and crocs; but I am a hansum man..

This lot in this Soi 6 group being run by an English Business guy do themselves no favours about their multiple bars spouting their pimping 24/7 across facebook. I'm not surprised theres a veiled pop at Businessmen in the Police Chiefs words though where the "nature" bit comes from God alone knows

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

I've been there several times now; I think only once did I have on long pants. The last time I went, I wore cargo shorts, black t-shirt and crocs; but I am a hansum man..

Ok

Will give it a go , some time in the future. ( shorts polo shirt )

Thank you .:thumbsup:

Archived