"Tourists come to Pattaya for nature not sex" says police chief as British businessmen blamed

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy: times a million.

They destroyed the only grassy park in Pattaya to build a stupid car park.

They destroyed the only grassy park in Pattaya to build a stupid car park.

Yea that was just grotesque...Pattays one and only green space..

Any official in Pattaya who dares to speak about their love for

any thing green should be tarred and feathered.. 

4 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Ok

Will give it a go , some time in the future. ( shorts polo shirt )

Thank you .:thumbsup:

Yeah, my clothes were clean and so was I-- no Polish tuxedos or go-aheads; that's Yank slang for tank tops and thongs.

The food is pretty good and quite a selection. I concentrate on King Crab and Waygu steak--but you can see their menu online.

It could be alleged by others than me who are not affected by the defamation laws, as to why this brain-dead police chief is still in post if he cannot accept reality, continues to lie through his misshapen teeth, and makes himself the laughing stock of Pattaya? Who can take this guy seriously?

Perhaps we're being too mean. Maybe he knows he's being less than accurate with the truth but is saying it only to have an official press news bite?

Kind of like politicians.

Perhaps thinking daily mail people are simple enough to actually believe it? :P

As an Englishman I'd be the first to admit that Tabloids like the 'Mirror do sensationalise to say the least but I think they got it right on this one. I haven't read the full DM article but it quotes 27,000 prostitutes in that area alone, 1 for every 5 permanent residents and the photos are enough, waaaay heeey...I only went there once, with my (then) Thai wife, and I was approached for sex even though my wife was present. I haven't been there since, just ain't my scene, man.

13 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

It has been said that the lucky may get glimpse of even a herring or two gasping their last breaths along the edge of the peaceful sylvan cove that is Pattaya bay.

None left all eaten by the birds     though I have seen quite a few "Mersey trout" in Pattaya waters

dscf0007 (Medium).jpg

16 hours ago, thaianon said:

I think that many posters here are missing an obvious point. Pattaya's new mayor has just been appointed by the military junta, and he's a police general. One of the junta's goals is to clean up Thailand's image abroad, so the police chief is probably just taking his marching orders from above, and the Mirror article is just an excuse to justify what has already been planned. The sex trade in Pattaya has been tolerated in the past because it's been viewed as being beneficial by the local authorities. However, the junta's view may be different. In Thailand, the tail doesn't wag the dog, especially when the military is in charge. If they really decide to curtail it, it will happen, and no one will be able to stop it. This happened in Ermita in Manila years ago forcing many of the clubs and gogos to relocate to Angeles.

It was tolerated in the past because that is all that it was known for and it was also much easier to keep it 'out of sight out of mind'. Now that more and more 'non-sex' tourists are going there and more importantly, with the negative exposure it now gets on global media, the sex scene has lost its value. 

Thailand as a whole hasn't liked Pattaya since the 60s and up until recently, most Thais would avoid it like the plague. But in the last couple of years, there have been an increasing number of BKK residents who go down there due to the proximity to the capital but they have mostly stayed on the outskirts of Pattaya proper. 

The new Pattaya to Hua Hin ferry was the beginning of an aggressive new plan to rebrand Pattaya as a more mainstream tourist spot, this recent development is just another step. 

55 minutes ago, thenoilif said:

It was tolerated in the past because that is all that it was known for and it was also much easier to keep it 'out of sight out of mind'. Now that more and more 'non-sex' tourists are going there and more importantly, with the negative exposure it now gets on global media, the sex scene has lost its value. 

Thailand as a whole hasn't liked Pattaya since the 60s and up until recently, most Thais would avoid it like the plague. But in the last couple of years, there have been an increasing number of BKK residents who go down there due to the proximity to the capital but they have mostly stayed on the outskirts of Pattaya proper. 

The new Pattaya to Hua Hin ferry was the beginning of an aggressive new plan to rebrand Pattaya as a more mainstream tourist spot, this recent development is just another step. 

I agree with your post....

But

What has been severely lacking in the rebranding process is the

lack of much of any thing that would draw non sex tourist

to Pattaya...

Shopping Malls?- Shopping malls are every where...

The Beach? A very sorry beach with nasty dirty water....

History, Culture? Zilch... 

Natural beauty? Zilch....

That leaves a few tourist attractions like water parks,the floating

market,Nong Nooch etc  and that's it.....

Alls I will say is they have their work cut out for them...

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

I agree with your post....

But

What has been severely lacking in the rebranding process is the

lack of much of any thing that would draw non sex tourist

to Pattaya...

Shopping Malls?- Shopping malls are every where...

The Beach? A very sorry beach with nasty dirty water....

History, Culture? Zilch... 

Natural beauty? Zilch....

That leaves a few tourist attractions like water parks,the floating

market,Nong Nooch etc  and that's it.....

Alls I will say is they have their work cut out for them...

There is plenty of history and culture. Pattaya is this sort of land that time forgot. People can go and get a glimpse of real living fossils both literally and figuratively. The culture harkens back to a time when men from more misogynistic cultures were allowed to do whatever they want without the fear of rightfully being called xenophobic, racist, misogynistic, phedophiles  political correctness. 

It's about as close to a real-life Westworld as it gets and it just demonstrates that the majority of people would rather watch the show than live it. 

It is no surprise that he is starting by aiming at the easy targets, the streetwalkers, as they are likely to be the most high-profile, least regulated and protected end, easy to catch and not necessarily contributing to the taxing/protection regime that provides income to the police. 

Any serious attempt to regulate this lucrative trade would aim firstly at the businesses that flourish in Walking Street and elsewhere throughout Pattaya.  I can't see the local politicians and businessmen putting up with that interruption to their income. After all, none of them have the brains to divert the tourists towards the so-called "natural wonders" claimed by the police chief.

This will just be another five-minute wonder and the show will go on.

5 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It could be alleged by others than me who are not affected by the defamation laws, as to why this brain-dead police chief is still in post if he cannot accept reality, continues to lie through his misshapen teeth, and makes himself the laughing stock of Pattaya? Who can take this guy seriously?

Agree he looks like some refugeee and thats being kind to say the least

Archived