District chief orders raid on Pattaya sex trade as fallout on "Sex capital of the World" claim rankles

webfact

District chief orders raid on Pattaya sex trade as fallout on "Sex capital of the World" claim rankles

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung district chief Naris Niramaiwong ordered a raid on a bar that was a front for the sex trade as officials continued to act after UK media slammed the resort as nothing more than a knocking shop.

The UK's Mirror online had called Pattaya the "Sex Capital of the World" and said that 1 in 5 of its female residents were hookers.

Now chief Naris - who last week embarrassed a 62 year old British man in a short time sex room in Walking Street on Valentine's Day - has ordered more action.

He instructed protection services chief Phichet Thamhon to raid premises in Central Pattaya yesterday with a large contingent of police and soldiers. The raid at the Club 4 resulted from reports that the premises were running a sex business for foreigners.

A foreign "secret" operative was sent in armed with 2,000 baht and when the female owner of the premises brought a 26 year old girl for his pleasure and took the money she was immediately arrested, Daily News reported.

Chayanuch Laokliaw,36, was charged with running a sex for sale business as well as operating a bar and business without having applied for a license.

The girl was taken in as a witness but other workers at the establishment were deemed to have not committed any crime.

Phichet said that the owner would keep 1,000 baht of the fee and the girl would get the other half.

He also revealed that the premises had been raided before but were still disobeying the law.

It was a three storey building - downstairs there was a bar but upstairs there were short time sex rooms.

Daily News said that establishments like this were damaging the image of Pattaya in the eyes of the world, with the Thai news media referencing the story in the Mirror that has caused authorities at the resort to scurry under pressure from the government.

In other news reported on Thaivisa the local police chief has intimated that curbs on the sex trade are in the offing.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-23

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya is classed as the sex capital of the world, officials are not happy with the image, so they are seen to try to make amends, and clean the place up.

Thailand is classed as one of the worst countries in the world for road accidents, officials are not happy with the image, what do they do ?............................................<deleted> All  (fill in the blanks)  

These jokers are creating more bad PR with these senseless raids. On top of that they are chasing away  those who go there for those services while spending big bucks. They have managed to kill 2 birds with one stone. When the last tourist and expat flees make sure you turn out the lights General.

why not start by cleaning up the UK, lots of Polish ladies moved into surrounding towns offering cheap sex, (i might even go home):shock1: putting local girls out of business, my mate is a taxi driver most of his fares are acting as a"delivery driver" he said they aint bad looking either.so to the MIRROR, bugger off.

" A foreign "secret" operative was sent in armed with 2,000 baht and when the female owner of the premises brought a 26 year old girl for his pleasure and took the money she was immediately arrested, Daily News reported. "

The female manager (not the owner) was caught by her own greed.  She should have known something was wrong when the "secret" operative offered 2000 Bt.

Standard price is about 300 Bt for room paid to the bar and 500-1000 Bt paid to the "girl" depending on service provided.  At least one bar girl drink is expected but tips are optional.

ha ha ha ...funny stuff all the people who say they will scare away the punters and lose money.

Where are the guys gonna go?

It's the bottom of the barrel,  overall cheapest place for mongering in SEA.

You cant get any lower.

Well actually you can but you end up in Angeles City in the Philippines and you really know you have come to the true bottom of the barrel. :-)

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

why not start by cleaning up the UK, lots of Polish ladies moved into surrounding towns offering cheap sex, (i might even go home):shock1: putting local girls out of business, my mate is a taxi driver most of his fares are acting as a"delivery driver" he said they aint bad looking either.so to the MIRROR, bugger off.

All the East European whores that moved to the UK will have to leave after Brexit unless freedom of movement is agreed to.

Those East European ladies are also to be found in Ireland, Germany, Netherlands etc. Very enterprising. Also can be found in the UAE and even Pattaya and Bangkok. Wonder who "facilitates" all this? 

29 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

" A foreign "secret" operative was sent in armed with 2,000 baht and when the female owner of the premises brought a 26 year old girl for his pleasure and took the money she was immediately arrested, Daily News reported. "

The female manager (not the owner) was caught by her own greed.  She should have known something was wrong when the "secret" operative offered 2000 Bt.

Standard price is about 300 Bt for room paid to the bar and 500-1000 Bt paid to the "girl" depending on service provided.  At least one bar girl drink is expected but tips are optional.

It didn't say that the operative "offered"  anything, it does say that the owner/manager "took" the money after providing a girl.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Hundreds? I'd say there are no more than half a dozen places like Club 4 which operate as daytime brothels, unless you count soi 6 which has also been targeted.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Half a dozen? You should get out more. I am aware of a lot more than that, within a mile or two of my house.

And before anyone gets on their high horse, just because I know of them doesn't mean I continuously frequent them, for more than a beer or two with friends.

Doesn't mean they aren't there though.

I also noted

"Daily News said that establishments like this were damaging the image of Pattaya in the eyes of the world, with the Thai news media referencing the story in the Mirror that has caused authorities at the resort to scurry under pressure from the government."

So, it is only the fact that a UK paper ran a story that they now care? I mean it isn't as though they weren't aware of them before is it?

It is only because it is revealed to the world that they are scurrying around, desperatley trying to save some face.

Pattaya is what it is, and I do not see the whole thing shutting down overnight because of a few raids, the like of which have been going on for ages already with little impact.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

These jokers are creating more bad PR with these senseless raids. On top of that they are chasing away  those who go there for those services while spending big bucks. They have managed to kill 2 birds with one stone. When the last tourist and expat flees make sure you turn out the lights General.

You can close every single short time room in Pattaya and that won't come close to relieving Pattaya of its "sex capital" image. 99.9% of the sex trade is conducted in private hotel rooms, not short time rooms.

Half a dozen? You should get out more. I am aware of a lot more than that, within a mile or two of my house.
And before anyone gets on their high horse, just because I know of them doesn't mean I continuously frequent them, for more than a beer or two with friends.
Doesn't mean they aren't there though.
I also noted
"Daily News said that establishments like this were damaging the image of Pattaya in the eyes of the world, with the Thai news media referencing the story in the Mirror that has caused authorities at the resort to scurry under pressure from the government."
So, it is only the fact that a UK paper ran a story that they now care? I mean it isn't as though they weren't aware of them before is it?
It is only because it is revealed to the world that they are scurrying around, desperatley trying to save some face.
Pattaya is what it is, and I do not see the whole thing shutting down overnight because of a few raids, the like of which have been going on for ages already with little impact.

I bow to your greater experience! Compared to the beer bars, gogos and massage places though, I'd still say they comprise a small part of the Pattaya scene (on the lightside anyway).

42 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

Send the hookers back to the NE of Thailand.  It's 

about time Pattaya attempted to clean up some of

this trash!!  Hope all the old, fat, drunks go with them.

I don't like Isaan ! :( not many bars..............

12 minutes ago, khounteen said:

There are thousands of these establishments all over thailand, lets see how many they can raid.

Don't most big Western cities have thousands of these establishments? In many countries it's a legitimate business. In NZ it's a taxable business.

This is an article out of the UK Mirror. What's the deal on prostitution in the UK? Are brothel's legal?

Archived