years extension in new passport

OK, so I got my yearly extension in my old passport last September which my local office transferred to my new passport last month.

Then I noticed they wrote I needed a new extension in March which was the expiry date of my old passport. I have used this same office for 15 years and had many new passports, but never needed a new visa so early. 

They insist they are correct in their ruling, but I would like other members opinions before starting the process with the Embassy etc. 

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, yosib157 said:

Then I noticed they wrote I needed a new extension in March which was the expiry date of my old passport.

Unfortunately correct.

Since long the extensions are given only up to the expiry date of the passport.

And what does the stamp in the old passport say?

Should read March.

It's a pity that they do no point applicants to the fact that the extension will NOT be for a full year.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since August of 2013 if you apply for an extension with less than one year remaining on your passport your extension is only issued to the date your passport expires. You will have to apply for a new extension next month.

Thanks guys; yes the expiry date is March.  EMS off to the Embassy tomorrow morning ..... and the endless changes continue.