Foreign tourist hangs herself in the toilet on the Lampang to Bangkok train

webfact

Foreign tourist hangs herself in the toilet on the Lampang to Bangkok train

1am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Railway cleaners at Hualampong Station got a nasty shock yesterday afternoon when they fetched a key to open a toilet door that was locked on the inside.

In the toilet they found the lifeless body of a foreign female tourist aged about 25 who had apparently hanged herself from a handle on the back of the door Thairath reported.

Police were called to the station and investigated the scene on the Lampang to Bangkok train. The woman was clothed and there was a bag containing cosmetics next to her.

She had fresh needle marks on her left arm and signs of lacerations to her right wrist. There was one US banknote in her pocket.

The train had left Lampang on Wednesday at 10am and reached Bangkok at 5.20am. There it was believed that all the passengers had alighted.

Cleaners boarded the train in the early afternoon before the train was scheduled to return to the north. Then the discovery of the body was made.

The body was sent for autopsy and police are checking for reports of foreigners reported missing. They hope to find a trace of the dead woman on CCTV to help with identifying her through her ticket purchase.

There was no ID on the body.

Police believe she committed suicide in the toilet.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-24

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Well call me a skeptic but I don't believe a word of this report.

the report hasn't really said a lot to either believe or not to believe - they found a girl hanging in the toilet, as for the police and what they believe - well they are not pathologists and until a proper examination is carried out they are guessing more or less the same as anyone here on this forum can do.

Does it sound suspicious - personally I would have to say yes at this point based on very little and hope that a thorough professional investigation is carried out to completely rule out foul play

Hmmmm! No ID, but a bag of cosmetics. Where then did the ID and other personal effects go?

Sounds as though someone may ahve relieved her of such. If so, this may well be more than a suicide.

Lacerations on the right wrist, but no mention of what caused them.

Something here is very fishy.

I would like to think the BIB will identify her and do serious background checks before making a determination of cause of death.

I hope to win the Lottery too, but that probably isn't going to happen either.

9 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Hmmmm! No ID, but a bag of cosmetics. Where then did the ID and other personal effects go?

Sounds as though someone may ahve relieved her of such. If so, this may well be more than a suicide.

Lacerations on the right wrist, but no mention of what caused them.

Something here is very fishy.

I would like to think the BIB will identify her and do serious background checks before making a determination of cause of death.

I hope to win the Lottery too, but that probably isn't going to happen either.

Sounds like another case for the TVF super sleuths 

A sad story, but it could very well be as described in the report. 

Some people have seeious health and/or mental issues. Add emotional, financial, etc. problems to that and I can understand why some people opt to end it all. 

According to the report she only had one monetary note on her. Was she broke? Did she have friends to turn to? All alone in a foreign country... for some, it's simply all too much. 

7 minutes ago, cloudhopper said:

Can this train be boarded without a passport?

Have any members been asked to produce a passport when travelling on a train within Thailand? I was never asked in the five years I lived there, although that was in the early noughties.

46 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Murdered and jabbed with a syringe then hung from the door.  Put one dollar in her pocket to make it authentic.

And the perp then jumped out the window! The status of the window was carefully omitted in the report!

Our CSI: TVF investigators seem slow on the uptake today. Overworked I suppose.

Trains aren't free. If a drug user is down to their last few dollars, paying for a train trip with the intention of committing suicide during the trip seems odd. Was there another purpose for her taking the trip - visiting, touring, travel connection? No mention of having even a train ticket.

Combine that with other odd parts of the report (adequate cord length and strength to hang oneself, lack of ID, lack of suicide note) and the whole story doesn't seem complete. But then it shouldn't until a complete investigation has been done. But then the police have no business guessing suicide which often seems to be the cleanest approach police take to quickly close an investigation.

1 hour ago, farang1979 said:

So sad. R.I.P. young lady. I really wonder what was going her mind to do this. Maybe with the one banknote on her she was out of money. There's always a better way than this. :sad:

I don't know what was going through her mind but it wasn't oxygen.

13 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Not doubting she offed herself, but I don't see how a person could hang herself from one of those bathroom doors.

Strangled herself might be a better way to put it.  There was a Chinese teen who killed herself that way live on the Internet. Rope around her neck, attached to the doorknob of her bedroom door and she just leaned forward to strangle herself.  

41 minutes ago, kunfish said:

Seems you get troubled people who go to some foreign locale to off themselves. I wonder if there is a study on this, despondent people go to some place completely unfamiliar to do something like this. 

RIP

They've all been told that "some foreign locale" is paradise and will "unwind" them.

They arrive on their own and find that is not the case.

They are now a troubled person, among strangers, with no "safe" place to go.....their anxieties become even more exaggerated.

Their journey has actually heightened the likelihood of self harm, with the all too familiar results.

Archived