Foreign tourist hangs herself in the toilet on the Lampang to Bangkok train

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Enoon said:

They've all been told that "some foreign locale" is paradise and will "unwind" them.

They arrive on their own and find that is not the case.

They are now a troubled person, among strangers, with no "safe" place to go.....their anxieties become even more exagerrated.

Their journey has actually heightened the dangers of self harm, with the all too familiar results.

I hear that a lot of people go to Alaska to "escape" from their problems. Doesn't work out. Many end up dead or missing.

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Then lock the door from the inside.

We don't know for sure... it could be they thought it was locked but her body was blocking the door. Thais are just not thorough which is why there is all this speculation. It probably was suicide and she thought of it as her 'last journey' last jab of heroin knowing she would collapse and the rope did the rest but we don't KNOW and we don't trust the BIB to be thorough so it is what it is.

RiP the young girl - waste of young life

...'door locked from the inside'...???

...no...door was locked....and if it can be unlocked with a key from the outside...it can be locked with a key from the outside....???

...same with all the 'hotel deaths' with 'no sign of struggle'......

...keys obviously float around....

...one would suggest overlooking this is criminal....???

...and is it too much to check the blood of all these 'suicides'.....

....in case they were in fact poisoned or incapacitated and therefore....unable to 'put up a struggle'...

...'some people suffer from serious mental illness'....and are therefore capable of anything....

...including theft and murder....???

3 hours ago, seahorse said:

Strange place to commit suicide.

Even stranger-----she hanged herself from the "door handle"????? How high are the door handles?Did she die trying to jump up to reach the handle? OH I got it---she was just a tiny little girl. Reporters DUH !!!!

1 hour ago, Canceraid said:

Any there not any decent thais out there to protests?

Or decent farang.

Close to 20M people come to Thailand every year. Imposing statistical population.

Take the average duration of the stay and apply statistics of suicides, natural deaths, etc., all you mention is about 'normal'. Happens everywhere but you only know about here thanks to TV.

1 hour ago, samjaidee said:

Have any members been asked to produce a passport when travelling on a train within Thailand? I was never asked in the five years I lived there, although that was in the early noughties.

I have been asked several times and showed them a copy that I carry.  The only reason they wanted it was to spell my name.

Her untimely and sad ending wouldn't be in vain had anyone, anyone at all

learned anything out of it and has registered a message in their brains that

this is how you'll end up being in her situation, but alas. her death is for

nothing, a cry in wilderness no one will hear or ever heed....

4 minutes ago, HappyinNE said:

I have been asked several times and showed them a copy that I carry.  The only reason they wanted it was to spell my name.

like you i carry a copy ALL the time + Thai driving license + pink Thai ID

better to be safe and OTT than sorry

1 hour ago, samjaidee said:

Have any members been asked to produce a passport when travelling on a train within Thailand? I was never asked in the five years I lived there, although that was in the early noughties.

Every adult person in Thailand must carry some sort of id.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

We don't know for sure... it could be they thought it was locked but her body was blocking the door. Thais are just not thorough which is why there is all this speculation. It probably was suicide and she thought of it as her 'last journey' last jab of heroin knowing she would collapse and the rope did the rest but we don't KNOW and we don't trust the BIB to be thorough so it is what it is.

RiP the young girl - waste of young life

The news reports are often poor and inconsistent too. However, this does not seem controversial: 

"Railway cleaners at Hualampong Station got a nasty shock yesterday afternoon when they fetched a key to open a toilet door that was locked on the inside."

I think they would have applied pressure to the door before going for the key. Regardless, if it was only her bodyweight blocking the door what use would a key be? They would still have the same problem they had before going for the key. 

2 hours ago, samjaidee said:

I am always asked for ID, the driving license works in my case. But it would probably depend on how strict the cashier is, maybe a Farang with a lot of verbal could get on.

(I am now also asked for ID when sending EMS packages as well, this started a few months ago.)

43 minutes ago, LandOfWiles said:

The news reports are often poor and inconsistent too. However, this does not seem controversial: 

"Railway cleaners at Hualampong Station got a nasty shock yesterday afternoon when they fetched a key to open a toilet door that was locked on the inside."

I think they would have applied pressure to the door before going for the key. Regardless, if it was only her bodyweight blocking the door what use would a key be? They would still have the same problem they had before going for the key. 

well maybe that's more logical and it was locked inside and I have little doubt she did what she did but the utter lack of professionalism we see with the body dumped on the railway platform so all can see and take photos is sickening

3 hours ago, samjaidee said:

When you purchase the ticket you're asked for passport (or other means of identification), which is logged into the system, and then printed for the conductor, whom checks the Passport/ID number from the list when inspecting tickets. I was reserving tickets from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, for friends arriving in a few weeks, around songkran, and couldn't purchase the tickets without copies of their passports (tried three cashiers, just to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding what they wanted, lol).

Archived