Foreign tourist hangs herself in the toilet on the Lampang to Bangkok train

webfact

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Why.?.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Because to take your own life one must have serious (mental) issues.

And no, I don't think committing suicide is a selfish act. It's usually the selfish people around you who drive you to that point.

Sometimes people are too weak to fight.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's totally possible to hang yourself on the back of a door - a family member works on a psych ward and patients do try to do this, sometimes successfully. Poor girl, only 25 with no friends or family around :( Must hug daughter extra hard when I get home. Poor family also - they probably don't know yet :(:( 

4 hours ago, Rob13 said:

Not doubting she offed herself, but I don't see how a person could hang herself from one of those bathroom doors.

If some of you CSI:TV sleuths bothered to actually read...

"The woman, whose identity and nationality are unknown or not published at this time, was sunken to the floor. An orange nylon string was wrapped around her neck and the other end attached to a steel bar on the window. "

9 hours ago, smedly said:

the report hasn't really said a lot to either believe or not to believe - they found a girl hanging in the toilet, as for the police and what they believe - well they are not pathologists and until a proper examination is carried out they are guessing more or less the same as anyone here on this forum can do.

Does it sound suspicious - personally I would have to say yes at this point based on very little and hope that a thorough professional investigation is carried out to completely rule out foul play

Does sound sad  and like a suicide.

If foul play was involved the foul would have had to jump out the window as the door was locked from the inside.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Hmmmm! No ID, but a bag of cosmetics. Where then did the ID and other personal effects go?

Sounds as though someone may ahve relieved her of such. If so, this may well be more than a suicide.

Lacerations on the right wrist, but no mention of what caused them.

Something here is very fishy.

I would like to think the BIB will identify her and do serious background checks before making a determination of cause of death.

I hope to win the Lottery too, but that probably isn't going to happen either.

and only "one" banknote..............signed Mr Skeptic

1 hour ago, foxboy said:

Jesus Christ, why does everyone on here want to turn every death into a game of Cluedo?? 

I dont think its Scarlet, Green, Plum, Peacock, Mustard or  White -- (  now deceased so couldnt be her) could be the new woman or man they introduced..........yes it  must be them

5 hours ago, samjaidee said:

Have any members been asked to produce a passport when travelling on a train within Thailand? I was never asked in the five years I lived there, although that was in the early noughties.

You are asked to show your passport or ID card when purchasing the train ticket.

1 minute ago, DaveE13 said:

Very sad watching the video of her being searched on the platform. Couldn't the police at least searched her body for id etc in the toilet or outside. Then removed her off the train with a bit of dignity?

RIP young lady

That goes beyond disgraceful. No matter what her personal circumstances or how far she might have fallen, she is still someone's daughter/sister/lover/friend. These videos are appalling and with this one it was too late to hit stop before the most intimate details were shown. Someone from the authorities is releasing these tapes/photos. Whoever it is should be dismissed, instantly. 

So another who didn't like my post video or link. Yes it's not everyone's cup of tea. But it is interesting to see how foreigners die out here. Motorcycle and crossing the road is the biggest killer. Right down to being stung by a jellyfish.
When I first came to Los I traveled a lot round the capital in a taxi. In 1 year I must have seen 10 fatal accidents on the road. In graphic detail. No one covers up the body here. It disturbed me the first time I saw a dead body. Now I don't get upset as much. I also would read or look at the Thai newspaper everyday. In there is graphic images of death. Now I have fast internet and seen the horror of the middle east through my laptop. Watched liveleak or other graphic video collections. Nothing disturbs me much. Although the terror attacks in Europe last year were very disturbing.

So another who didn't like my post video or link. Yes it's not everyone's cup of tea. But it is interesting to see how foreigners die out here. Motorcycle and crossing the road is the biggest killer. Right down to being stung by a jellyfish.
When I first came to Los I traveled a lot round the capital in a taxi. In 1 year I must have seen 10 fatal accidents on the road. In graphic detail. No one covers up the body here. It disturbed me the first time I saw a dead body. Now I don't get upset as much. I also would read or look at the Thai newspaper everyday. In there is graphic images of death. Now I have fast internet and seen the horror of the middle east through my laptop. Watched liveleak or other graphic video collections. Nothing disturbs me much. Although the terror attacks in Europe last year were very disturbing.

On the contrary tukkytuktuk I did like your post and the link, sometimes my sarcastic sense of humour is misread.

The link is interesting and alarming to see the number and methods that farangs choose ( or have chosen) to depart this mortal coil.

I also have seen my fare share of dead bodies, I lived in Brazil for 20 years and road accident fatalities there would remain on the road until police arrived, sometimes all day and all night for everyone to see.

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

poor girl, troubled young person.

i and a colleague,have cut down a couple of people, in one day who survived , one trying from a high hanging point,one from a very low one, give me the high point, much easier,to save someone in my opinion.

most who  have worked psych units, jails, have found self harmers of all types, it is not nice.

seen, 'successfull' attempts too, low seems pretty good odds, too achieve a sad end to a troubled life.

poor young lady, i wonder if she had a history of self harm behaviour?

38 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

On the contrary tukkytuktuk I did like your post and the link, sometimes my sarcastic sense of humour is misread.

The link is interesting and alarming to see the number and methods that farangs choose ( or have chosen) to depart this mortal coil.

I also have seen my fare share of dead bodies, I lived in Brazil for 20 years and road accident fatalities there would remain on the road until police arrived, sometimes all day and all night for everyone to see.

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm emoji4.png

The report said foreigner not farang. 

The report said foreigner not farang. 

I was referring to farang-deaths.com if you had taken the time to read my post properly not just skimming through the posts looking for the word " farang ".

I accept your apology in advance [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

You are not the one releasing the video, merely providing a link. But PLEASE...next time give the warning: GRAPHIC, dead people in full view, etc etc. This one was really disturbing. 

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

TVF super sleuths run circles around the actual police here.

The RTP could do worse than put together a team of TV volunteers: many former police and military officers on the site ( one suspects with good skills), not forgetting a wide assortment of multi-national crims.

Archived