Video: Hunt on for foreigner on big bike who hit three year old in buggy

webfact

Video: Hunt on for foreigner on big bike who hit three year old in buggy

XX.jpg

video screenshot

CHIANG MAI: -- Police in Chiang Mai are looking for a middle aged foreigner on a big bike who fled the scene of an accident after a three year old child was seriously injured.

The child and her parents are Spanish. They were crossing the road in the area of the Jeng Sri Phoom.

The child is currently in intensive care. She has a broken leg and swelling of the brain.

The footage is grainy but shows traffic slowing as the parents push their child across the road. The motorcyclist comes up on the outside and the child is ejected from the buggy onto the tarmac.

The motorcyclist stops to see what he has done but Channel 3 TV News reported on Facebook that he then left the scene as the child was being taken to hospital.

Police said he was a foreigner aged about 40-55. He was wearing a white shirt and has short hair. It was a "big bike" with a carrying case on the rear.

Comments on the video from Thai people varied; some suggested that it was not an appropriate place to be crossing with a child in a buggy.

While others said that the motorcyclist must be found to take responsibility for what had happened.

Source: CH3

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-24

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really sick. I cannot understand how anyone with the slightest morals could see an infant thrown from a pram into the street and ride away.

I hope the kid recovers quickly, and the piece of twisted lowlife scum that did it gets exactly what he deserves.

It is really saddening that not a day goes by without accident reports involving kids on the roads.

This is really sick. I cannot understand how anyone with the slightest morals could see an infant thrown from a pram into the street and ride away.

I hope the kid recovers quickly, and the piece of twisted lowlife scum that did it gets exactly what he deserves.

It is really saddening that not a day goes by without accident reports involving kids on the roads.

Yep me as well, saw the CCTV on Ch3 this morning. To be honest with you, there is no way I would push a pram with a young kid in it in front of me into live traffic. That kid would be in my arms.

Let's hope for a full recovery!!!!!!

Ps the father sounded British.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

The report says he rode away after the child was being taken to hospital, not waiting the ambulance would be an example of having low morals, but not waiting for the police?

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lets hope they catch the speedster quickly,and he learns the

hard way why he should take responsibility for his actions.

regards worgeordie

He didnt appear to be speeding to me, I think the pram appearing in front of him was probably as big a shock to him. While I dont condone his actions,

I think the parents should shoulder the majority of the blame here.

200% the parents fault, and the motorcycle driver and the baby are innocent victims of moronic parents running right into traffic.

if that motorcyclists suffers any sort of punishment at all, it will be an outrageous shame.... the parents should be punished, but having their child injured by their own idiocy is probably punishment enough.

6 minutes ago, thai006 said:

if people drive more slowly will never happend , ...

incorrect.. regardless of his speed, the parents pushed stroller into traffic, especially on that outside area where a motorcyclist will have NO line of site to the idiots running into traffic (his eyes blocked by the car)... in the video it does not even look like he is exceeding the speed limit anyway, but even at a reduced speed he would still hit them.

this is absolutely the fault of the parents.... they entered traffic in an unsafe manner and unfortunately their baby paid the price for their idiocy... to suggest otherwise is simply foolish.

Thailand is definitely not a safe place to tourists.  The general traffic rules do not apply and there should be large signs at the departure gates in the airports "Welcome to paradise, good luck."

I'm not sure if there is a pedestrian crossing, the video looked too grainy to tell, but from CH3 this morning the couple said they were crossing a pedestrian crossing.  If so, the "big bike" is in trouble.

If there was no pedestrian crossing, then I don't understand why the "big bike" left the scene, such an a-hole.  If there was no pedestrian crossing, I don't think he did anything wrong and in fact the blame can be put to the parents.

I once crossed a street with a pram with my wife... my wife was in front while I pushed the pram... I knew motorcycles just wouldn't give a rats ass about anything.

I watched the video a few times, not easy to tell if there was a pedestrian crossing or not but we all know pedestrian ( zebra) crossings here mean nothing.
The one thing I would say is that the family set off out into the oncoming traffic at quite a pace, probably frustrated at having to wait some time, and not giving the bike time to stop.

Obviously the fact that the motorcycle rider left the scene before the police arrived was wrong also !

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm [emoji4]

Pedestrian crossings are very dangerous in thailand. 

I once stopped to let pedestrians walk, because pedestrians have right of way on unmonitored pedestrian crossings.

Problem is that the bikes behind me was not prepared and started breaking in panic and hit eachother. 

Pedestrians didnt even cross...

So now i always keep going even though pedestrians are waiting to cross.. Unless i know for sure that no nobody is behind me.

Somebody should push empty strollers out into pedestrian crossings and film it to raise awareness.

I don't really get this. On the video I can see the rider stops and goes to check what happened. After this, the video is cut and continues showing the guy leaving, once the road seems to be clear already. Am I missing something? 

22 minutes ago, indothai said:

Thailand is definitely not a safe place to tourists.  The general traffic rules do not apply and there should be large signs at the departure gates in the airports "Welcome to paradise, good luck."

I'm not sure if there is a pedestrian crossing, the video looked too grainy to tell, but from CH3 this morning the couple said they were crossing a pedestrian crossing.  If so, the "big bike" is in trouble.

If there was no pedestrian crossing, then I don't understand why the "big bike" left the scene, such an a-hole.  If there was no pedestrian crossing, I don't think he did anything wrong and in fact the blame can be put to the parents.

I once crossed a street with a pram with my wife... my wife was in front while I pushed the pram... I knew motorcycles just wouldn't give a rats ass about anything.

1. you dont need to understand the traffic rules of any country to know YOU DO NOT WALK OUT INTO MOVING TRAFFIC... that is a universal concept of self presrevation that seems to be lost on the idiots from the west that live such a sheltered life they have forgotten to have common sense.

it does NOT MATTER if there is a crosswalk there, not everyone stops, so do NOT run into traffic... this is a simple concept.. you wait until it is clear and you make sure you have ample time to cross

these people got impatient and just went.

2. he left the scene because you are highly unlikely to get any sort of fair trial here as a foreigner... if the media is pressuring the police to punish, they will do it regardless of whether you are wrong or not.

i watch tourists every single day here walk into traffic, without even looking... or even worse, they are looking the WRONG direction on a ONE WAY street... its absolutely ridiculous... my friend got his bike destroyed due to an idiot like this running into traffic in front of him and causing an accident... i narrowly avoided him but he continued to run into traffic and was hit... and he had the nerve to insist my friend pay for his medical bills... no one wants to take responsiblity for their actions, just punish someone else.

the parents are at fault, and the motorcyclist should be reimbursed for damage to his bike.

Wow that is so the parents fault pushing the pram into traffic first. They were not at a crosswalk either even though there is one only a few meters away(not that they are really safer but some drivers actually look for pedestrians there). Honestly no driver would expect that especially knowing Thailand horrific driving.

Though I agree that the parents should shoulder the blame as that is completely the wrong time/place to cross the road with traffic that wasn't stationary, the motorcyclist is also at fault.

Even though most motorcyclists use all the lanes, legally it's only the left lane that they're supposed to use. Maybe a technicality as the accident could have still occurred, but the law's the law, even if most people get away with it 99.99% of the time in LoS

4 minutes ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

Though I agree that the parents should shoulder the blame as that is completely the wrong time/place to cross the road with traffic that wasn't stationary, the motorcyclist is also at fault.

Even though most motorcyclists use all the lanes, legally it's only the left lane that they're supposed to use. Maybe a technicality as the accident could have still occurred, but the law's the law, even if most people get away with it 99.99% of the time in LoS

In this case I think the rider was going into the ramp to turn right.

Looking at that I wouldn't even give a thought to crossing the road there. But pushing a pram in front of yourself into that traffic is just criminal neglect. As for the bike rider. Well it looks like he was blindsided  by what looks like a tuk-tuk which seems to have just missed them. The bike rider does stop and go back not sure why he took off. Again that's just fkn madness trying to get across there.

IMHO the police are looking for him so they can get their share of the pay out nothing more. At least the guy stopped if he would have stayed he would have been extorted and jailed for something that is clearly not his fault this is Thailand we all know there is no justice here especially when it involves foreigners.

Those insane parents acted totally irresponsible.

But what is this?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

he then left the scene as the child was being taken to hospital

So we see the rider getting off, who then waited for the ambulance to take the child and only then rode away. Sounds like he did the right thing.

IMO that is not fleeing the scene.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oh get off your high horse and read the story.

The motorcyclist stops to see what he has done but Channel 3 TV News reported on Facebook that he then left the scene as the child was being taken to hospital.

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Yep me as well, saw the CCTV on Ch3 this morning. To be honest with you, there is no way I would push a pram with a young kid in it in front of me into live traffic. That kid would be in my arms.

Let's hope for a full recovery!!!!!!

Ps the father sounded British.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

My better half was talking about this at lunchtime. She said the father is British, the mother Spanish and they are here on holiday, regular holidaymakers.

No idea on the rider.

Archived