BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Video: Hunt on for foreigner on big bike who hit three year old in buggy

1 hour ago, thai006 said:

if people drive more slowly will never happend , ...

If those foreigners didn't visit Thailand it would never have happened.

The parents clearly at fault, pushing their defenceless kid in front of speeding traffic, brainless idiots. I'll bet there was a pedestrian bridge nearby which they were too lazy to use.

Don't think there's a bridge anywhere near there.

Still can't believe their actions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lets hope they catch the speedster quickly,and he learns the

hard way why he should take responsibility for his actions.

regards worgeordie

Looking at the video, he was not speeding, the traffic appeared to be slow in fact. The parents must accept responsibility for walking into traffic like that. 

The bike should not have left the scene, but being Thailand it is somewhat understandable.

1 hour ago, TheRoadWarrior said:

1. you dont need to understand the traffic rules of any country to know YOU DO NOT WALK OUT INTO MOVING TRAFFIC... that is a universal concept of self presrevation that seems to be lost on the idiots from the west that live such a sheltered life they have forgotten to have common sense.

it does NOT MATTER if there is a crosswalk there, not everyone stops, so do NOT run into traffic... this is a simple concept.. you wait until it is clear and you make sure you have ample time to cross

these people got impatient and just went.

2. he left the scene because you are highly unlikely to get any sort of fair trial here as a foreigner... if the media is pressuring the police to punish, they will do it regardless of whether you are wrong or not.

i watch tourists every single day here walk into traffic, without even looking... or even worse, they are looking the WRONG direction on a ONE WAY street... its absolutely ridiculous... my friend got his bike destroyed due to an idiot like this running into traffic in front of him and causing an accident... i narrowly avoided him but he continued to run into traffic and was hit... and he had the nerve to insist my friend pay for his medical bills... no one wants to take responsiblity for their actions, just punish someone else.

the parents are at fault, and the motorcyclist should be reimbursed for damage to his bike.

Totally agree...............until you try and cross the road in Vietnam, there you have to look them in the eyes and walk slowly and positively to cross the road. But in Thailand........never!

2 hours ago, Seismic said:

He didnt appear to be speeding to me, I think the pram appearing in front of him was probably as big a shock to him. While I dont condone his actions,

I think the parents should shoulder the majority of the blame here.

...agreed..he pulled to the left of a vehicle that was stopping to let the people cross...he swerved around the near stationery vehicle and straight into the woman pushing the stroller..he should have twigged the car was stopping in front for some reason as there was no traffic directly in front of that vehicle!

He also had room to move over to the left of the near stationery vehicle and thus avoid the stroller.

I also saw that he calmly stopped his bike in a short distance and walked back to where they were..there was then a break in the footage and i could see him walk back to his bike and ride away. (Lets hope he went to the hospital to check on her).

Well he did stop (which is unusual in Thailand) and get off his bike and go back to the scene.  Certainly should have stayed around but didn't and that is unforgivable given that it was a small child involved.

The stupidity of that woman.(?)

She actually runs straight out into and across the heavy traffic with the pram and her child in it!!!! . What the frig.

The biker had no chance...zero...to avoid her.

The actions of the parents in shoving the pram out into busy traffic, at night, beggars believe.

what the hell were they thinking?

agreed... the bike rider should have as a minimum, provided contact and insurance details, but not nessesarily have sat around waiting on the cops to show up... that could have taken hours.

they want to play Russian Roulette on the Road!! - should have gone for a holiday in Russia instead...

at least in Russia the drivers are prepared for the suicidal peds

-  and all have cams on board to protect themselves from the legal aftermath

3 hours ago, Deli said:

Why do they push stroller where the traffic flows ?

We will never know if the parents were on drugs or drunk. Certainly they were careless.

I see it all of the time around the moat, people to lazy to walk a few meters to a cross walk. I know not even crosswalks that safe but safer than walking into traffic as they do constantly

56 minutes ago, farcanell said:

The actions of the parents in shoving the pram out into busy traffic, at night, beggars believe.

what the hell were they thinking?

agreed... the bike rider should have as a minimum, provided contact and insurance details, but not nessesarily have sat around waiting on the cops to show up... that could have taken hours.

Hopefully the bike rider did give his insurance. Hence the brief stop.  Who knows? 

But what the heck were the parents thinking? Just speculating, but probably frustrated and impatient and one of them had a the idea to push the pram out first thinking "traffic will stop for a pram." Hope the little one recovers. Sad. 

Seriously...some people are not fit to be parents! Common thats not the way to cross a busy road with a baby. Same also, I find a lot of stupid foreigners pushing baby prams with their babies in areas like Jatujak Weekend Market!!!!!!!! The crowds, heat and risk of infectious air borne diseases alone should serve as a deterrent but not these buffoons! Not to say that they are also blocking other shoppers.

if people drive more slowly will never happend , ...

how about having a person walking in front of every vehicle waving a red flag to warn everyone of approaching traffic.

4 hours ago, inzman said:

Come on , he was driving with traffic. The parents are looney for pushing the pram  into traffic like that. They need to take responsibility for being morons. 

4 hours ago, Seismic said:

He didnt appear to be speeding to me, I think the pram appearing in front of him was probably as big a shock to him. While I dont condone his actions,

I think the parents should shoulder the majority of the blame here.

have to agree with both these comments, I actually don't blame the guy on the bike at all for the accident, he was not speeding and the parents were pushing a pram in front of them onto a busy road - how stupid can someone be, equally he should not have left the scene and waited for police to arrive and possibly followed up with a trip to the hospital - on the flip side - the police don't always see things as they should and would likely have (IMO) incorrectly blamed the rider