Video: Hunt on for foreigner on big bike who hit three year old in buggy

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, hobz said:

Ok, then it's 100% the parents fault. Legally and otherwise. I think... 

Yep.... but.... There's always grey areas.... and given what's happening to the Aussie guy involved in the jet ski accident in Phuket, I really really wouldn't want to be this Canadian bloke, especially now that the toddler has passed away

Just now, farcanell said:

Yep.... but.... There's always grey areas.... and given what's happening to the Aussie guy involved in the jet ski accident in Phuket, I really really wouldn't want to be this Canadian bloke, especially now that the toddler has passed away

Yeah, ofcourse, what a horrible thing to have on your mind.... And also what regret and guilt the parents must be dealing with now.... it's just horrible... and it's a shame for thailand the traffic safety situation in general... I hope Thailand will find a way to make it safe soon.

Whoever is pushing the buggy is way, way at fault here, very lucky the kid is alive.  I think the motorcyclist did nothing wrong and should be liable for nothing in fact I feel bad for him having to be put in that situation by an idiot pushing a baby into traffic.

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Apparently the child is dead.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Appently so bro..... now, unfortunately... and hopefully not to be seem as being callous... it's all about not convicting the biker, who is a victim of circumstances ... to wit.... being in the wrong place at the wrong time... when the parents decided push their child into moving traffic.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Appently so bro..... now, unfortunately... and hopefully not to be seem as being callous... it's all about not convicting the biker, who is a victim of circumstances ... to wit.... being in the wrong place at the wrong time... when the parents decided push their child into moving traffic.

If it was not a zebra crossing he should be let go...otherwise he is at fault because he overtook a vehicle within 30 meters from a pedestrian crossing which is illegal in thailand.

Is it 100% sure that it was not a pedestrian crossing?

11 hours ago, Grubster said:

Whoever is pushing the buggy is way, way at fault here, very lucky the kid is alive.  I think the motorcyclist did nothing wrong and should be liable for nothing in fact I feel bad for him having to be put in that situation by an idiot pushing a baby into traffic.

one of the best post here. 

13 hours ago, hobz said:

If it was not a zebra crossing he should be let go...otherwise he is at fault because he overtook a vehicle within 30 meters from a pedestrian crossing which is illegal in thailand.

Is it 100% sure that it was not a pedestrian crossing?

Firstly.... I also reiterated that the child had died... I picked that up from someone else's post, and I'm glad that this is not the case ( googled accident and I can't see a mention of the child dying... so hopefully the poster who claimed that this was fake is correct)... I reiterated it in the hope that it would instill some decency in the post... my apologies guys.

i also took from a chiang Mai resident, (poster) that there was no pedestrian crossing where the couple attempted to cross the road, coupled with the fact that I cannot see either road markings or signs designating a crossing... I am attaching a copy of that post, so others can make their own judgement based on his post

hope this helps.... and moreso, I hope that the wee child recovers

cheers

IMG_3604.PNG

3 hours ago, Recog said:

where is the video

Mysteriously gone so it can't be used to prove the motorbike was not speeding... did not flee... etc etc.

All in accordance with normal police money collection protocol.

its a travesty that TV would remove the video (edit OP) which conflicts with the written story, yet not edit the Bs wording which damns the bike rider.

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

the video must be around somewhere on the internet surely 

I had a quick goggle.... but couldn't find it.... the TV thread from the earlier date ( google link) was also sans video

i hope the Canadians lawyers can find it.

9 hours ago, farcanell said:

I had a quick goggle.... but couldn't find it.... the TV thread from the earlier date ( google link) was also sans video

i hope the Canadians lawyers can find it.

if cant find it, and the rider is in the sh@t i myself and i hope many others here who saw the video would be happy to sign something saying we saw the video and the rider was not to blame and he did stop to make sure everything was ok before riding off.

Archived