Still not sure of which visa to get..

Currently in Pattaya on a 60 setv. Im 54. I plan on leaving end of april (if i get a normal 30 day extension it will take to my departure date) i plan on staying in nyc for the summer and then returning to thailand in October. I think i have a few options.

1. Convert my setv to a non O visa. That gives me 90 days, and then immediately try to convert that to an extension of stay for retirement with multi entry.

2. Just get a normal 30 extension on my current setv single entry. Then when in nyc apply for an actual retirement visa with multi entry. A bit more leg work with all the required documents ie medical but its a real retirement visa.

Overall i plan to live in Thailand for 6 to 8 months and spend the other months in the states. However i would want tge option of not returning to the states should i desire.

Thoughts on which visa? Embassy out reach in pattaya is march 3rd so i want to have my plan together before then

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1. Doing it is a good option if you plan on always being here when you need to apply for a new extension..

For the change to the non immigrant visa you would need to have your the signature on the  income affidavit from the embassy certified by the consular affairs department in Bangkok  Procedure is here: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/images/Chart EN.png  A translation service in Pattaya might be able to get it done for you since that is where translations are certified.

2. The OA visa can allow a total stay of almost 2 years before needing to apply for an extension or new visa by getting a new one year entry just before the visa expires and then a re-entry permit to keep that last entry valid when you travel.

11 minutes ago, bangkokbanjo said:

When you say doing it do you mean converting to an O visa or me just getting a retirement visa at home in nyc..

Reply number one was to your number one. It is for getting a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry and then applying for an extension of stay at immigration based upon retirement.

You would apply for a OA visa in the states.