Tourist who hit three year old in Chiang Mai is a Canadian professor

rooster59

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

"Petri was overtaking a four wheel public vehicle. He said that the child was wheeled into his path and he could not avoid her.He fled the scene of the accident saying that he was in a state of shock. "

I don't think that this got lost in translation. Are you suggesting that those who're waiting a while and then drive away are not fleeing the scene?

I'm sorry, but I'd have waited and it would also have been my biggest concern how badly the kid was injured. 

Holiday, bars, alcohol, a fast bike, well there are quite a few answers to some questions that might be of interest. 

Many people under the influence of alcohol flee the scene because they know the consequences.

I feel sorry for the guy because he's the one who's got to live with it.

I had my first big bike 40 years ago and if another vehicle in front of me would stop, I'd at least slow down and check why the vehicle in front came to a stop.

Nobody wants to do something bad to the guy, he's already in deep shit. 

OK, now we have a eye witness who has heard direct from Mr Petri and knows exactly what happened. We know he was drinking, he fled the scene and is the devil incarnate.

Oh hang on a minute, that's all speculation, hear say and a beliief in a Thai reporter in Thai translated into English as well as a I am a better rider and it would never have happened if I had been on the bike. As we all know, tuk tuks never slow down or stop for no reason or just pull over to pick up a passenger and if they do, then everybody has to stop.

Unbelievable what some people think.

6 hours ago, farcanell said:

I'm totally blown away by the fact that anyone... any poster... can watch the CCTV footage, and still say the bike left the scene.... amazing Thailand indeed.

AGREED. Its ridiculous.

Now they have removed the video to cover their lies.

Anyways the child is NOT DEAD. The child is doing ok now.

What kind of professor, especially from Canada, leaves the scene of a possibly-deadly crime??????

He was likely driving recklessly, and clearly put other lives in danger by his actions.  Then he hits someone....then he leaves....  leaves them like hitting a dog in the road..

yea, like none of you jokers ever walked in the streets of Thailand.....being in a tuk tuk can be dangerous as well..

i'm not issuing %'s of blame.....meaningless.....but this guy deserves prison.

Too bad they removed the video so now we can't prove what happened and have nothing but fake words to go on. COOL. Typical. What a shocker.

This makes me sick. He didn't flee the scene. Its scary how quickly people jump on the bandwagon of negative lies.

I feel almost worst for him than the parents who walked .. sorry RAN into traffic with their stroller first.

When quoting content from other sites, please learn how to provide the info as per this forum rule:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

As the supporting video has "fled the scene" and to reduce the speculation as to this, this topic is now closed.  Perhaps the News Team can find and post the supporting video.

Closed

Archived