Let us make the world great again

redwinecheese

I have been buying 4 packs of Leo cans for 151 Baht from Both famous  vendors 7 eleven and Family mart stores, but today Family mart rose the price 1 Baht

coming to 152 Baht.   So, I went to the nearest 7 eleven store to make sure if they sell for same price because if they did I would not go into why?   But I bought 4 packs for same old price 151 Baht.

For those who are interested in knowing greed this is the best example to show, they start raising prices gradually and in the end we all get ripped off easily by these greedy corporations.

Let us act now and boycott Family mart stores because if we do not then there is no reason to complain about how greedy corporations are.

p.s spread the word through out social media at least in LOS.

I agree and boycott 7-11 as well just go to your local wholesale vendor and buy your Leos by the case, or if you really need to save by cases of bottles as they are cheaper than cans. No wait change over to Chang cos thats even cheaper think of all the 1 bahts you will save then. ;)

Reminds me of my Dad, rest his soul.  

He'd spend $10 in gas to save $0.20 a pound on grapes when they went on sale.

I wouldn't walk 10 meters to save a baht, even if I did drink beer.  I would walk 10 meters if the line was shorter, though.  Not much I hate more than waiting in line to give someone my money.  Proving (to me, anyway) that we all have our quirks...

Good luck with your boycott.  I've been boycotting the high price of movie tickets for decades.  Almost got Hollywood to their knees.

34 minutes ago, giddyup said:

because they are too tight to sit in the comfort of a bar and drink. Pathetic.

It is not about saving money, it is about principles and I go to bars at nights but I am not depressed to spend all my day and night at bars ....I like to sip beer on afternoon in comfort of my place:post-4641-1156693976:

10 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

For those who are interested in knowing greed this is the best example to show, they start raising prices gradually and in the end we all get ripped off easily by these greedy corporations.

pricing has nothing to do with greedy coporations. 7/11 and Family Mart are franchises owned by individuals who are free to price what they sell. 

55 minutes ago, redwinecheese said:

It is not about saving money, it is about principles and I go to bars at nights but I am not depressed to spend all my day and night at bars ....I like to sip beer on afternoon in comfort of my place:post-4641-1156693976:

I'm not talking about those who drink in the comfort of their own home, nor did I mention anything about times, but about those class acts who drink on the steps outside a 7 eleven.

What has this all got to do with the topic title?

I feel misled and aggreived. I was looking forward to a stimulating debate on how to achieve world peace or the like, not a conversation about being ''ripped off'' for 1 baht...1 baht for f@*ks sake.

1 hour ago, redwinecheese said:

my mom used to tell me "add 1 baht to another comes up to 10" end of quote.

fortunately if you add 10 baht to another 10 baht it becomes 100, then bingo you are millionaire :shock1:

did you follow her advice?

I have been buying 4 packs of Leo cans for 151 Baht from Both famous  vendors 7 eleven and Family mart stores, but today Family mart rose the price 1 Baht
coming to 152 Baht.   So, I went to the nearest 7 eleven store to make sure if they sell for same price because if they did I would not go into why?   But I bought 4 packs for same old price 151 Baht.
Let us act now and boycott Family mart stores because if we do not then there is no reason to complain about how greedy corporations are.
p.s spread the word through out social media at least in LOS.

And you don't think ingredient and input costs in making consumer products go up year after year? Often retail price increases are not corporate greed, but simply necessary pass-on of increased costs to customers, so the company can remain in business. Expect companies to make products at a loss?

12 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Has anyone ever actually worked out the most cost efficient method of buying beer and from where?

Cans? 

Bottles?

I went a different direction.  Took the oath in 1988.  Before that, I'd go out on a Friday night with a couple hundred dollars in my pocket and wake up Monday with no money and a bunch of ATM stubs.

Nowadays, I start the weekend with a hundred bucks, and still have some change on Monday morning...  I can't count high enough to figure out how much money I've saved over 28 years.

But it's not for everyone.

15 hours ago, jerojero said:

And you don't think ingredient and input costs in making consumer products go up year after year? Often retail price increases are not corporate greed, but simply necessary pass-on of increased costs to customers, so the company can remain in business. Expect companies to make products at a loss?

With all respect but I am boycotting family mart from now and on.

6 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

How would these cheap charlies survive outside of Thailand.?

Well fyi cheap charlies can survive anywhere and real cheap charlies are the greedy billionaires who take my baht and everyone else's baht, penny you name it and they never contribute to society which made them rich in the first place!:post-4641-1156694606:

Archived