Ladyboy "medium" arrested in 60 million baht merit making swindle

webfact

Ladyboy "medium" arrested in 60 million baht merit making swindle

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

KANCHANABURI: -- Police in Kanchanaburi announced the arrest of a 34 year old ladyboy who they say is a master swindler conning people out of millions on the Line application.

Arthittaya Saenyathmkhot said he was running a legitimate organization and denies everything. He said he would fight the charges in court as the money in his account was achieved legally Daily News reported.

The ladyboy - who daily News described as beautiful - was arrested by Crime Suppression Division cops on a warrant for fraud on Monday at a location used as a merit making center in Muang district of Kanchanaburi.

They were acting on a complaint from a Thai woman living in the United States who said she had been swindled out of 49 million baht.

She said she had met the alleged swindler through a friend. She became involved in learning about Buddhist doctrines and this led to making donations to various deities. This was done through the Line application.

She was not the only victim. There was another who claimed losses of 18 million baht and a third who was allegedly swindled out of 800,000 baht.

It is alleged that Arthittaya was preying on elderly people near the end of their lives who wanted to make merit. The main victim said that the accused was able to assume all sorts of voices such as male, female and children in the pursuance of the con.

In this sense she was believed to be acting as a charlatan "medium", it has been alleged.

Daily News said that the total con was worth 60 million baht.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-28

She became involved in learning about Buddhist doctrines and this led to making donations to various deities.

This god looks ragged, he needs a donation; and this one is limping - donation; what about that one, no clothes only fur - donation. All those gods are destitute, but the monks they look well fed.

" this led to making donations to various deities",

the deities must be very happy,so when did those

people realize that they had been conned ,when they

did not win the lottery,or find the promised very rich

husband,look out Nigeria,you have competition.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she had met the alleged swindler through a friend. She became involved in learning about Buddhist doctrines and this led to making donations to various deities. This was done through the Line application.

Stupid is as stupid does...

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They were acting on a complaint from a Thai woman living in the United States who said she had been swindled out of 49 million baht.

That is just over 1 million pounds sterling.........what a moronic imbecile to part with that much money.........or has she a lot of merit making to do.......:blush:

If 'medium' approached me, and started laughing when i refused her money making scheme. I would slap her face for her.

You see (and you know whats coming) I always like to strike a happy medium!:cheesy: Oh i do make me laugh sometimes.

What? What did you say? Ohhh ok, i'll get me coat.:sad:

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

If 'medium' approached me, and started laughing when i refused her money making scheme. I would slap her face for her.

You see (and you know whats coming) I always like to strike a happy medium!:cheesy: Oh i do make me laugh sometimes.

What? What did you say? Ohhh ok, i'll get me coat.:sad:

lol.  droll  appropriate!

Archived