Free Tourist Visas Not Extended For Those From All Countries From Today

31 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Tell them you demand a free visa then. I am sure they will oblige you :smile:

That's not the point. I already have a 1 year extension. the point was that you had a really lame excuse when you where wrong :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kabula said:

I will never understand why Thai Immigration seldom communicates correct information and when they do, not all offices, nor officers follow the procedures published, even in their own website, in the past.

I keep saying it, all the different Thai IOs, and Embassies make up their own rules and so many Thaivisa members think they are the bees knees. How deluded they are.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Thank you for the update.  This makes more sense - that list includes several countries which would offer low-budget tourists, for whom 1000 Baht is a significant part of their travel-budget. 

Not sure about making sense... San Marino has a per capita income higher than Switzerland. I wonder what bad karma got them on that list.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I keep saying it, all the different Thai IOs, and Embassies make up their own rules and so many Thaivisa members think they are the bees knees. How deluded they are.

Actually Thai visa readers cannot read.

Thai immigrations have made a memo advising different nationalities of visa changes.

There is absolutely nothing here that suggests,  or even hints at, any changes or cancellations of visa conditions for the other countries.

Why/how do people read into something thats not there??

den hw about ASEAN country?? at sadao start 1january2017 few ASEAN country only can go thai twice,if the third time they need apply visa arrival.(by car).i no understand is why ASEAN country also need apply visa?thank you.....

19 minutes ago, kit76 said:

den hw about ASEAN country?? at sadao start 1january2017 few ASEAN country only can go thai twice,if the third time they need apply visa arrival.(by car).i no understand is why ASEAN country also need apply visa?thank you.....

There are no agreement between the ASEAN countries concerning visas and entries.

Those that only get 2 entries per year are on the standard visa exempt scheme. Malaysians get unlimited entries at its border with Thailand. Laos has a bilateral agreement with Thailand that allows them unlimited entries. Cambodians get unlimited 14 day entries under a bilateral agreement.

bangkoklasse makes a reasonable point This was very widely reported - Such as <link removed> It would take some explaining (even by Thai standards) what has changed and why.

3 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

So what about this???

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s Cabinet has approved to extend the current free visa incentives for foreign tourists for another six months.

Under the measures, visa fees will be waived at Thai embassies and consulates until August 2017, while the visa on arrival fee will continue to be 1,000 baht.

On Tuesday, government spokesperson Sansern Kaewkamnerd said that waiving visa fees from December to February 28 had resulted in a 12% increase in foreign tourist arrivals.

The move to waive visa fees was first introduced on December 1 2016 and came after a sudden decrease in arrivals from China following last year’s crackdown on zero dollar tours, with number of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand plummeting by 30 percent.

The continuation of the offering free tourist visas for all nationalities is also hoped to give Thailand’s tourism industry a boost as it heads into what is traditionally the low season.

Are you saying bamukloy  that you believe the above is still correct and free TV's  remains extended until August 2017?

59 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Actually Thai visa readers cannot read.

Thai immigrations have made a memo advising different nationalities of visa changes.

There is absolutely nothing here that suggests,  or even hints at, any changes or cancellations of visa conditions for the other countries.

Why/how do people read into something thats not there??

Edited by ubonjoe
Forum rule 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications.

I am confused - If   BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s Cabinet has approved to extend the current free visa incentives for foreign tourists for another six months.  And this thread title is " Free Tourist Visas Not Extended For Those From All Countries From Today"

I am from UK and I am also on my way to HCMC for a TV 

Question:

Has the free visa incentive been extend for UK passport holders? 

4 minutes ago, spambot said:

I am confused - If   BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s Cabinet has approved to extend the current free visa incentives for foreign tourists for another six months.  And this thread title is " Free Tourist Visas Not Extended For Those From All Countries From Today"

I am from UK and I am also on my way to HCMC for a TV 

Question:

Has the free visa incentive been extend for UK passport holders? 

According to the Notice posted, no free visa for UK National passport holders.

• Like 1

" The cabinet on Tuesday extended by six months to August free visas at Thai consulates and embassies and discounts on visas on arrival for visitors from 21 countries. The Tourism and Sports Ministry proposed..."

This article was from the a newspaper on the 7th Feb. It stipulates the 21 countries.

" The special scheme benefits visitors from Andorra, Bulgaria, Bhutan, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, the Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Papua New Guinea, Romania, San  Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. "

So a mix up somewhere. It looks like the detail was out there and it was a restricted extension.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 6:04 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

But it appears it may of never been in "place". It seems some wrong info was given out by the government.

Although there's a shit ton of people making fun of me for asking that, it's doesn't say the extension is canceled for others vs VOA people get it. Ubonjoe you've always been reasonable here so I'd hope you'd understand why I asked. 

22 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Maybe they have a stock clearance on.

Did you apply for the visa on 28th February or 1st March? I think whether you would be charged depends on when the application is made.

I don't know how you come across this but I get the feeling, that every consulate and embassy has its own way of dealing with all sorts of things.
While consulate A does this and that you can take it for granted that consulate B is not able to do A and B but C and D instead.

Always thought that foreign policy issues are a matter of the ministry of foreign affairs and should not boil down to the individual consul - but maybe I am wrong again  

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:56 PM, notmyself said:

Wednesday morning.

In town last night and met a fella who applied on Thursday. He had to pay (German passport) for the visa and also had to provide some evidence of where he would be staying (hotel booking was enough) along with a flight out of Thailand within 60 days. Seems to me that I just got lucky as didn't have to pay or provide any additional documents. I should also mention that he done it himself and did not go through an agent.

• Like 1