Immigration Atire

Nice Boyd

I have done my reports in 2 different offices, BKK and Pattaya.  I wear IRONED shorts and a IRONED shirt - sometime with buttons, sometimes a pull over,  sandals with socks - I have had ingrown toenails most of my life.  I think a smart CLEAN look will work for most people AND take the time to shave and comb the hair

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be well groomed. I think some fashion choices will be forgiven, if you are clean, neat and shaved (for men!).

A side note: It may speak to my age (62), but in "my day", you did not wear jeans to any office.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Pampers?? What is that? Lets have a description.

possum you silly a..e, di i have to spell it out?

OK p.a.m.p.e.r.s. pampers, you know people like me who are paralysed have to use due to no control of bodily functions.

Now possum stop taking the piss. :passifier:

Time for changing my pamper.

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

The same as you would dress to do business

at a Government office in your Country.

:ph34r: if it is the UK.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

possum you silly a..e, di i have to spell it out?

OK p.a.m.p.e.r.s. pampers, you know people like me who are paralysed have to use due to no control of bodily functions.

Now possum stop taking the piss. :passifier:

Time for changing my pamper.

Sorry Colin, I did not know that, I really thought it was a slang word for something.:sorry::wai:

I wear my second best three piece suit, a bow tie, sock suspenders and oxford shoes.

I feel anything less would be hugely disrespectful to the hard working immigration officers in pink polo shirts.

I cannot believe the state of some of the people in the queue. Some of them actually wear brogues.

They just don't know how ridiculous they look.

You wear whatever you want and I will do the same. This is a personal decision and the choice of attire of either of us should matter not to the other. Now if immigration could just work on consistent professionalism and quality service, they may earn a bit more respect from me.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

You wear whatever you want and I will do the same. This is a personal decision and the choice of attire of either of us should matter not to the other. Now if immigration could just work on consistent professionalism and quality service, they may earn a bit more respect from me.

I too wear shorts , far too hot to wear long trousers , as it is when I go to Imm. that is not the end of the day ,after that it is lunch followed by a Makro shop then a coffee on the way home , all this in long trousers and socks , not bloody likely .

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Like the joke, but in my case it is true, due to being paraplegic, pampers are now  necessary.

My comment was just to put a bit of humour into the post.

Thanks for that Colinneil , I thought you wouldn't be upset about the jest.  I have read a lot of your past on Tv and so came as no surprise  that you needed to wear pampers , funny thing is a ladyboy I know here did have to wear pampers as he is in a recovery mode from alcohol misuse , and a few weeks ago she started to scratch around in his downstairs plumbing . I said " You have a ploblem tonight ? " He said yes , pampers " 

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

Thanks for that Colinneil , I thought you wouldn't be upset about the jest.  I have read a lot of your past on Tv and so came as no surprise  that you needed to wear pampers , funny thing is a ladyboy I know here did have to wear pampers as he is in a recovery mode from alcohol misuse , and a few weeks ago she started to scratch around in his downstairs plumbing . I said " You have a ploblem tonight ? " He said yes , pampers " 

Why get upset, i dont. Having to use them is something i have to accept.

Many people shy away from these kind of things, i have to live with this for the rest of my life.

Joking/laughing about it and other things helps me.

What do I require at Cap choeng for tourist visa extension.  I am thinking passport with two photos, all pages including visa, entry stamp, exit card.  Two current passport photos.  Fill in form when I am there.  Address I must staying at.  

Now a new requirement in Condo's is to dress in a suit and tie when approaching a guard. Also we will be fined 5000B if stopped by a Police officer and not dressed in long trousers and a long sleeve shirt and leather lace tied shoes and socks.
When is this ridiculousness going to end. One should always dress with respect but also with a brain. We are foreigners mostly grom cool climates. Wearing a suit, long trousers or a long sleeved shirt can be hot and stifiling. We'd all like to wear that expensive suit in the wardrope we bought and wore once at a wedding at home but, alas!!
I am surprised that people are so willing to give up their rights to civil service personnel whom we pay yo do a job and for the most part thry make our lives miserable.
My girlfriend went to get her ID renewed yesterday at the local office. She was greeted by staff whom all had the look of having eaten a whole peeled lemon and were on the verge of scuide from severe depression.
My girlfriend was told she had put on too much weight since she last had her photo taken and would have to have a family member vouch for her. (Aside from the insult about her weight) Her family live in Leoi and she is in Bangkok! A little impractical I would say! They did not accept several pictures on her phone showing her over the past 5 years. She said, best to renew when I am at home.
These people work for you!!!!
Not you for them!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Well just got back from Korat Immigration, Well what a Happy bunch of officers, So polite and engaging, laughter all around and smiles, and every Farang in Cargo Shorts, except Swat Cat Players came in sports shorts, but Immigration so happy to see them, WAI's all around, almost went to store to buy pants but risked it, I will bring my long pants ,next time, though, Thanks everyone...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I had a Great Experience, Al

I wear my second best three piece suit, a bow tie, sock suspenders and oxford shoes.

I feel anything less would be hugely disrespectful to the hard working immigration officers in pink polo shirts.

I cannot believe the state of some of the people in the queue. Some of them actually wear brogues.

They just don't know how ridiculous they look.

All dressed in Black in Korat

13 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes you can. As long as you follow the dress code that says long pants, real shoes and a clean representative look.
Just nice to see read that somebody actually care about this. It´s something all people should do. Not only to respect immigration, but to respect themselfs.

What a bunch of BS, I have always gone to Immigration in Pattaya with short pants, a polo shirt and sandals and never had a dirty look or a problem.  If you are so concerned about the dress, maybe you should go in a tux, a top hat and shiny shoes, then only then you will make a good impression.

I believe it's not a question of pants or shorts or their price.

It is a question of how you look in them.

I always went to immigration wearing shorts and a polo shirt - the same style I wear for golfing - and I never had he slightest issue or strange look.

Just wear clean, classic clothes in good condition that look good and look clean & smart yourself, be polite and you won't have any issues.

What is the dress code for women? Can a woman wear a polo-shirt, shorts and slip-on shoes?

What next? No tattoos? No mustaches. Partings on the right side of head only. Letter from the wife confirming you had a shower before leaving the house.

10 hours ago, Oishii said:

When I visit anyone in a government office, I dress respectfully.  Long trousers, a shirt with a collar and no flip flops.

meeting anyone on or in a business capacity, always dress respectfully.  That includes doctors too.

In proper British English, pants are worn beneath shorts or trousers.

trousers come down to your ankles and anything shorter are called short trousers, or shorts, for short.

in American English, they are all called pants.  Long, short, in between, over or under, all pants.

its all pants to me.

Strange. In my American English pants are long and shorts are umm, err...short.  The in between mid calf are ridiculous.  

1 hour ago, Gerard052 said:

What a bunch of BS, I have always gone to Immigration in Pattaya with short pants, a polo shirt and sandals and never had a dirty look or a problem.  If you are so concerned about the dress, maybe you should go in a tux, a top hat and shiny shoes, then only then you will make a good impression.

As I always say. The comment you quoted had 10 positive likes, and basically only you call it BS, and want to make a sarcastic joke about it. If that doesn´t tell you something, nothing ever will.

Also as always. People with no feeling of respect , just doesn´t get it!

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

As I always say. The comment you quoted had 10 positive likes, and basically only you call it BS, and want to make a sarcastic joke about it. If that doesn´t tell you something, nothing ever will.

Also as always. People with no feeling of respect , just doesn´t get it!

Many immigration officers are as bent as a wet bamboo cane, I have zero respect for corrupt police, having been demanded five hundred baht to get visas transferred to anew-passport in Hua Hin I don't give a shit what they think about how I dress, I dress according to my own pride.

ref Korat immigration people who do the ninety day report are professional very nice people and I show them respect with a .wai.

7 hours ago, ableguy said:

Many immigration officers are as bent as a wet bamboo cane, I have zero respect for corrupt police, having been demanded five hundred baht to get visas transferred to anew-passport in Hua Hin I don't give a shit what they think about how I dress, I dress according to my own pride.

ref Korat immigration people who do the ninety day report are professional very nice people and I show them respect with a .wai.

As you surely know. The problem in Thailand, that so many complain about, is not that there aren´t rules. It´s just that so many people don´t care about following them.
Here is a fine example.  You have zero respect for a corrupt immigration officer that do not follow the rules, at the same time that you, yourself, do not give a shit about the rules you are supposed to follow.
Complianing is good when it serves ones purpose I can hear. My question after that is how much respect do you have for you own person holding a position like that?

Archived