Man held in Udon for beating his 3-year old stepson to death

webfact

Man held for beating his 3-year old stepson to death

2802002.jpg

UDON THANI: -- The stepfather of a three-year old boy was arrested by police in Kumpawapee district of Udon Thani on Tuesday on charges of assault causing the death of his stepson.

The suspect was identified by police as Mr Chokethawee Sangkaeprom, 32. Police said that he was with the victim’s mother for just seven months.

The victim, Nong Pao, was admitted to the intensive care unit of Udon Thani hospital in serious conditions. Doctors at the hospital said he suffered a fractured skull, fractured liver and right kidney, swelling brain and brain bleeding and three broken rib bones.

The victim was unconscious and administered with a respirator, but he never regained consciousness and died late Monday night.

Pol Col Pichet Wongburi, superintendent of Kumpawapee district police, said that when he was waiting for an arrest warrant from the court, he had despatched plainclothes policemen to keep a close watch on Mr Chokethawee to prevent him from escaping.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/man-held-beating-3-year-old-stepson-death/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-03-01

This is ridiculous, needing an arrest warrant in a case such as this is about as farcical and inefficient as it gets... Did the cops in the south require a court warrant before hauling the Russian fish feeding lady down to the station and booking her in for a couple of nights. Again, absolutely no consistency / sense at all seemingly. Pathetic

R.I.P.  Little fella,  What could you have done that you Step-Father never did when he was your age?

The story is about a Man, this is not a man, nothing but a coward a murderer of the defenseless.

Before the arrest warrant is issue can you provide the actual address of where he lives I would like to make a visit and see what he does when someone can hit back?

Sorry for my posting but I am simply outraged! What is wrong with Thai men? They fight other adults like in a group towards a single guy and they love beating helpless children. makes me sick! Disgusting creatures that have no "balls"! I hope that such creatures die very slowly and terribly.

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

This is very much like the last two kids who died as a result of a similar beating from a

brutal bully, 

No excuse should be allowed to be entered in any  plea,

The free air we breathe should be denied to this prick.

What really happens to these people?  I never see or can find follow up...my fear, based on the thai society, is that scum like this guy are released after a short spell in jail...and a vacation in the temple...

3 hours ago, z42 said:

This is ridiculous, needing an arrest warrant in a case such as this is about as farcical and inefficient as it gets... Did the cops in the south require a court warrant before hauling the Russian fish feeding lady down to the station and booking her in for a couple of nights. Again, absolutely no consistency / sense at all seemingly. Pathetic

The police need to demonstrate probable cause to the court in order to obtain an arrest warrant, this would be based on other peoples testimony or his own admission of guilt, however in the case of the woman arrested for feeding fish, this was not needed as the police caught her committing the offence, this is the way it works the world over.

Just now, Kabula said:

Perhaps they should have public hangings in a park on Sundays.

The sight may make some of these low life’s think before they act.

Perhaps you should move to Saudi if you want that sort of thing, Sharia law would suit you to a tee.

23 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Perhaps you should move to Saudi if you want that sort of thing, Sharia law would suit you to a tee.

If it curbs the brutal killing of children and women, which seems to happen on a regular basis now, perhaps it should be considered.

My content made no mention of me wanting it.  You inferred I wanted it. Some might allege you are a troll.

1 minute ago, Kabula said:

If it curbs the brutal killing of children and women, which seems to happen on a regular basis now, perhaps it should be considered.

My content made no mention of me wanting it.  You inferred I wanted it. Some might allege you are a troll.

Only those who misunderstand the term troll might allege that.

Seems an all too common thing happening here.

I would not be surprised if he did some public show of apology and went to a temple for a few weeks and that was the end of it... maybe saying he was possessed by a ghost.     Seems that beating, abusing and killing children in Thailand by other Thais is not such a serious crime.  But feeding bread to a fish or playing a card game is much worse. 

I am not a supporter of the death penalty as a rule, but in this case I will make an exception.

If he is indeed guilty, then nothing short of losing his life, can be considered justice. I hope the court will agree and not commute to life.

R.I.P. little fella. So terribly sad.

The caveman mentality once again shows it´s ugly face in shape of a so called modern human body.
Just so sad that this stage is becoming more and more regular when it´comes to plastic parents in Thailand.
Normal human beings with an ordinary brain fuction understands that if you take one part, you must also respect and love what has been created by the same part.

Wish you well in the place you come to little boy. Anyway it must be better than before.

A man who hits children is just no man at all.

There is nothing I can say that has not already been said by posters here. R.I.P. and since I am not religious to me it is disgusting, brutal end to a young life, denied the opportunity for a one-time life. So very, very sad. Even the death penalty is too good for this man.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am not a supporter of the death penalty as a rule, but in this case I will make an exception.

If he is indeed guilty, then nothing short of losing his life, can be considered justice. I hope the court will agree and not commute to life.

R.I.P. little fella. So terribly sad.

A serious question, why would you exclude others who commit the same offence from the same penalty?  The death penalty is either an acceptable punishment or it isn't, surely?

There are many types of murder case. Heat of the moment, punch up gone wrong, revenge for being ripped off, Cold blooded etc.

Sentencing in each case varies depending on the nature of the murder and the persons emotional state at the time.

I can often understand the motives that drove people to commit such crimes.

A 3 year old child is an innocent as can be. This is the most evil, vile and depraved act a person can do.

How can you forgive something like this? Nothing he can say can justify to  me the reason for forgiveness in such a case.

I also said As a rule, in my first comment, meaning, really bad cases do justify it, and this is as bad as it gets.

I hope that answers your question.

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

There are many types of murder case. Heat of the moment, punch up gone wrong, revenge for being ripped off, Cold blooded etc.

Sentencing in each case varies depending on the nature of the murder and the persons emotional state at the time.

I can often understand the motives that drove people to commit such crimes.

A 3 year old child is an innocent as can be. This is the most evil, vile and depraved act a person can do.

How can you forgive something like this? Nothing he can say can justify to  me the reason for forgiveness in such a case.

I also said As a rule, in my first comment, meaning, really bad cases do justify it, and this is as bad as it gets.

I hope that answers your question.

I appreciate what you are saying as all murders are individual crimes but, in my opinion, someone who kills for money is purely bad, someone who kills for love has been likely driven mad but is in the end also bad, but this case, killing a small child, that is not in the slightest normal, our kids can drive us a bit mad but not in a way that makes us bad, that is not natural, in my opinion, this man must have actually have been insane.  I don't know what we should do with the criminally insane, they are a problem that is often impossible to solve, but I personally don't believe in killing anyone.

Bring back the death penalty for the likes of these folks along with rapists and kiddy fiddlers, chop people who steel hands off and give a lethal injection of heroine to all drug dealers. The world will be a better place and no more overcrowded prisons.

Archived