Entry fees into national parks for foreign tourists remain unchanged

webfact

What happens to the white skinned Thai citizens ? If you after many years becomes a Thai citizen , will they deny you entering the park ?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1 mars 2560 ère b. at 9:27 AM, freebyrd said:

I'm sure members on here have more than enough to pay, but that's not the point. It's about being treated with respect.

Respect means that you share your resources with people who have less, we all know that falang don't do unless forced so....

3 hours ago, cocorico2558 said:

Respect means that you share your resources with people who have less, we all know that falang don't do unless forced so....

You should always be cautious as you are preaching to the choir. In the past 35 years I have lived and worked in 6 Asian countries and have always helped those around me,  I have known many others equally or even more generous,

By the way - Respect, definition: a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.

Finally, being ripped off can hardly be seen as 'sharing'. You have a very strange perception of things.

On 3/2/2017 at 8:26 AM, MartinL said:

If that was really the government's intention, they'd make it absolutely clear to the ticket sellers and make a clear distinction on the price board, e.g. 'Thais & resident foreigners'.

They don't make that distinction so the higher fee is obviously not intended only for foreign visitors (on holiday, which is what I think you meant).

Anyway, by definition, all foreigners are visitors to Thailand. 

I've no objection at all to paying a slightly enhanced fee (not 10x) if I'm a genuine foreign tourist in a country - for instance, if I went to ........ Chile - but I'm not that in Thailand, I live here with my family. By discriminating against me, the NP etc. authorities are also discriminating against my Thai family.

Its up to you to make your own case at the park entrance. This regulation like many others, puts foreign residents of Thailand in a grey area.  The higher price is truly intended for foreign visitors, which you and I are both not. They don't really intend to charge foreign residents the higher price. I always make this case when I go to a national park, or a temple where there is double pricing.  I haven't lost yet although it seems unfair that I have to make the case at all!  As always, be very polite na khrap, and resist attempts to apply the farang fee.

The whole thing makes sense.

Waive the visa fee which is the revenue of the respective (honorary) consulate overseas, i.e. it is actually their loss of revenue - but keep the two tier policy up in National Parks etc. which is the Thai revenue.

If you have problems with it then just walk away and vote with your feet like I do ..... 

On 02/03/2017 at 5:54 PM, Gonefortea said:

No because I pay the normal rate but when I did I happily paid. . "We who live here don't really care what tourists do. LOL. Sums up a lot as the rest of the post does. Quite simple if you don't like the price don't go but trying to get all to  boycott is a non starter. Do you really belive they (by they I mean of course the Thai government and those who run the parks) give a dam if long term expats don't go. 

Dont care to be honest...no matter what i say you will come out with a put down, so just move on and troll someone else please.

I wasn't the first one to say boycott, and i wont be the last, if u want to pay those prices, its entirely up to you, most of us here can afford the farang pricing, but i choose not to, and as i said before you had your second pop at me "no problem".

I know your fingers are just itching to have another go, but just relax, take a chill pill, and don't fret the small stuff. adios amigo.

1 hour ago, Scooby and Puppy said:

Dont care to be honest...no matter what i say you will come out with a put down, so just move on and troll someone else please.

I wasn't the first one to say boycott, and i wont be the last, if u want to pay those prices, its entirely up to you, most of us here can afford the farang pricing, but i choose not to, and as i said before you had your second pop at me "no problem".

I know your fingers are just itching to have another go, but just relax, take a chill pill, and don't fret the small stuff. adios amigo.

555 nice try no trolling here just another point of view from yours which you obviously don't like. Like I said I pay thai prices but when I didn't I would pay foreigners price and not moan and groan. So as you say adios mucker

On 1/03/2017 at 5:07 AM, Raymonddiaz said:

time to boycott these parks...i hate when people think tourists are just stupid money spenders.

Yesterday my Thai wife, her father and her son and I went to the Hua Hin (fake) floating market to have lunch. I say it's fake because the pond is artificial and everything is sold from shops surrounding the pond, so there is in fact no "floating market." We had visited the place before and entry was free, but on arriving at the entrance this time, were informed that there is now an entry charge of 20 Baht for Thai visitors and a 200 Baht entry fee for foreigners. This meant that it would have cost us 260 Baht just to get into the place, plus the cost of lunch. We just turned around and walked out again and had lunch somewhere else, for a total of 290 Baht.  

On 2/28/2017 at 11:07 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

time to boycott these parks...i hate when people think tourists are just stupid money spenders.

That's why I'm no longer interested in country which is greedy .:clap2:

There is so much to see in many other countries around..

"The national park advisory committee " simply shows who they are like the rest of those corrupted in this country I used to call  "LOS"

Time will show how long all those and similar who things we are stupid will be living in their corrupted country overcharging themselves ...

This days news like that goes around the world in seconds ...:coffee1:

3 hours ago, gigman said:

That's why I'm no longer interested in country which is greedy .:clap2:

There is so much to see in many other countries around..

"The national park advisory committee " simply shows who they are like the rest of those corrupted in this country I used to call  "LOS"

Time will show how long all those and similar who things we are stupid will be living in their corrupted country overcharging themselves ...

This days news like that goes around the world in seconds ...:coffee1:

So if your not longer in love with Thailand leave it alone. Move on and find peace and free attractions in another country

On 3/1/2017 at 4:59 AM, Thaiwrath said:

The number of foreign tourists boycotting the rip off venues will also remain unchanged, I imagine !

mr tunya i will influence all people that i know to stay away from the national parks as it is a racist system that steals money from foreigners so big shots can live large . little if any of the buckaroo's go into anything but big shots pockets . we all know this is true . it is the thai way .

The claim that "he current entry fee into national parks for foreign tourists has remained unchanged since 2006" is not supported by the facts. In true Thai syle, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

The National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department has announced that as of 1st February 2015, the entrance fees for 31 national parks in Thailand have been raised. The prices below are for children/adults. Please note there is a dual price system at all parks in Thailand.

Source: Entrance fees have gone up at 31 National Parks in Thailand

Archived