Online appeal to help Russian kids in coma following Pattaya accident

webfact

38 minutes ago, JGV said:

Attempted murder - running a red light but here a quick talking to and on your way

This place is sick - sick in the head and the police do nothing

Solution Stay home and never use a motor bike

Drive like a snail and keep your fingers crossed

Never drive after dark

Never drive like a Snail in Thiland

you will be hit from behind at high speed by the idiots you are trying to avoid.

You must,  get up to the traffic flow speed,   quickly here.

or you will be come,   one more victim.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, elektrified said:

What were these kids doing on a motorcycle? Who gave them a motorcycle? A 16 y/o kid licensed? BS! That is insane that they were riding a motorcyle!

That's true.

I have always put the blame at the parents feet,   when children,  get killed

or hurt on the roads in Thailand.

But in this case, the kids did it all right,    apart from one thing,    trusting Thai drivers and that cost them so deer.

Hope the bus driver goes to jail,   have we got his photo yet

anyone ?   if so post it,  lets see this shameful person.

Just curious,anybody can confirm this is all real?????Masha Zhigunova  or https://www.facebook.com/masha.jigounova

I have no idea why a russian girl should get a workpermit to work in a Thai hospital,almost impossible.If she is worried to much,why no updates,no nothing.Where are the parents of the kids?and,and.....

The most int. Hospitals have farangs working there. This can be true. But if I am the father of the kids I took a good lawyer and try to confiscate the bus so long that the company sign that they pay the bill and made a big deposit.

On 31.1.2017 at 1:16 PM, George Graham said:

When Thais con Farungs, why are they not referred to as "shameful low life Thais?"

but they are in my eyes and i tell them

15 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Thai Government should cover the bill.

no the bus company, if not insured, sell the bus

On 3/2/2017 at 0:13 AM, mrmicbkktxl said:

Just curious,anybody can confirm this is all real?????Masha Zhigunova  or https://www.facebook.com/masha.jigounova

I have no idea why a russian girl should get a workpermit to work in a Thai hospital,almost impossible.If she is worried to much,why no updates,no nothing.Where are the parents of the kids?and,and.....

She is real , if you don't believe her feel free to call the hospital. She has been asking for blood donations for other patients for months , you can see her updates on FB.  

So no she is not a scammer and I hope people will continue to help.  If you happen to stay near the hospital you can just walk in and give her your donation there, 

Yes the bus driver is clearly at fault here and why didn't he hit the brakes when the bike came in from the left ?  He must have been on drugs or blind .  Shame on him and may he never drive a bus again . 

Unfortunately I think the kids will not survive , the crash was too horrific. 

16 year old drive a bike  omg  the parent are really stupid or  no ? 

and the <deleted> bus driver  need to go to hell really ,

when i go to pattaya i never drive a bike here ,  so  dangerous there 

16 hours ago, onemorechang said:

If it's proved he run the red light

Jail him for minimum of 5 years.

life ban from driving commercial vehicles as well

It's about time the authorities of this country  earned there pay.

make some changes,   to remove the murderous Drivers / Riders of the roads of

Thailand.

Time to stop the silly money collection days at the side of the road, and go after the real killers.

on the high ways,  catch them in the act.of red light running and various other dangerous activities on the roads

Hope the kids recover.

Sorry to have to say, but have another Chang - the authorities are NEVER going to take up your sensible suggestions. :sad:

Just look at their knee jerk re-action to the terrible driving of mini vans, cut down the numbers of minivans! No idea about punishment and training of drivers!

18 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Very sad indeed.

but what parent would let a 16 and a 14 year old out in Thailand on a Scooter ???

Its dangerous enough for Adults...

Hence the sad consequences,......

And out on Sukhumvit too, where it gets dangerous for skilled riders.

43 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And out on Sukhumvit too, where it gets dangerous for skilled riders.

Sad to say there are a lot of young  Russian boys and girls and families 3 or 4 up on bikes all round Jomtien every day now.

and not showing much road sense for driving in Thailand.

Very sad. Hope their ages help them make a full recovery. I ride a 600RR rocket ship at home but don't think there is anything that would entice me to ride anything on any of the bigger city roads here. Hope the insurance steps up but unless you are really familiar with how traffic works here, (contrary to how most TV posters state, there actually is a system (bred into Thais) but unless you rode with your dad comfortably 3 or 4 up when an infant , its pretty tough to safely learn) it just does not make sense to take the chance. 

19 hours ago, Slaps said:

Video I have seen shows 100% the bus running a red light

for what !!!!!! why run a red light ? where he in a hurry to get to its only a tour bus with tourists. so unnecessary, shoot the drive!

8 hours ago, elektrified said:

What were these kids doing on a motorcycle? Who gave them a motorcycle? A 16 y/o kid licensed? BS! That is insane that they were riding a motorcyle!

The law in Thailand is that you only have to be 15 to get a license to operate a motorcycle.

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

in Thailand just cos the light shows red it dose not mean its clear for you to go as many experience drivers and riders here will agree. still approach and continue with caution.

Certainly agree with you there but that goes anywhere in the world even if driving a car. Here on a bike , as a rookie, the odds just are not good at all in your favour.

10 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

My money is also on the kids jumping the lights.

I very much doubt they had a green light. 

The video clearly shows a car, travelling in the same direction as the bus, slowing down and stopping for the light while the bus continues through the intersection at high speed.

The news article also quoted the driver as saying that the light changed too fast and he couldn't stop in time.

So no, the kids did not "jump the light". The bus driver saw the light turn yellow and decided to speed up instead of slowing down. The kids must have assumed it was safe as they had the green light (but obviously didn't look left to ensure that the oncoming traffic was indeed stopping).

33 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The video clearly shows a car, travelling in the same direction as the bus, slowing down and stopping for the light while the bus continues through the intersection at high speed.

The news article also quoted the driver as saying that the light changed too fast and he couldn't stop in time.

So no, the kids did not "jump the light". The bus driver saw the light turn yellow and decided to speed up instead of slowing down. The kids must have assumed it was safe as they had the green light (but obviously didn't look left to ensure that the oncoming traffic was indeed stopping).

I use to drive a rig the size of that bus.  Impossible to stop quickly.  Which is one reason you have to drive slow.  Obviously, this guy didn't

That light flashes for at least 5 seconds before turning red.  And the other light doesn't turn green for a second later.  You can see this light flashing from a long way away.  No excuse.  He ran the red light intentionally.

17 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I agree... it does look this way.

I don't often promote these things or make personal comments as a moderator but as this is also close to my home I advocate sharing the hell out of that FB video so it goes viral.

Until the law is enforced these bus drivers will continue to drive recklessly thinking they are above the law.

Manslaughter is what we have just witnessed.

share it with ABCnews and BBC if needed.

The BIB must prosecute this bus driver if he is in fact in the wrong  !!

You can't just cross a road because your light is green in any country, you must look to see if all traffic is stopped before you move across, no good if your the rightest guy in the morgue,  unfortunately 16yo does not have the experience from this from passing his test in Thailand, i feel so sad looking at the pictures for those poor children and hope they pull though

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

share it with ABCnews and BBC if needed.

The BIB must prosecute this bus driver if he is in fact in the wrong  !!

I don't think a week goes by where there isn't a fatal bus accident here.  Poor regulation, poor enforcement of the laws, poor training, poor roads, poor equipment, and limited or NO consequences for these accidents.  Did that driver who killed a few tourists down south get away with nothing being done?  I think it was a visa run van.

No wonder Thailand is the worlds second most dangerous country in terms of road accidents.  I saved this from several years ago.  Sadly, an all to frequent occurrence here.

https://www.channel4.com/news/the-undocumented-dangers-of-thailands-roads

The undocumented dangers of Thailand’s roads

It is a top tourist destination – but what the guidebooks don’t tell you is that Thailand’s roads are lethal. Now a group of mothers whose sons died in a bus crash are campaigning to change that.

Watch the video there if you have the time.  Eye opening for sure.

This is a prime example of why people should practice defensive driving. This boy has no experience at his age otherwise he would have looked at the roadway before crossing, not just expecting it to be clear. Expecting other drivers to do the right thing is naive to say the least. Was it a school day, and if so why wasn't the sister at school. 15 years is far too young to be able to obtain a motorcycle licence!!!

21 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Very sad indeed.

but what parent would let a 16 and a 14 year old out in Thailand on a Scooter ???

Its dangerous enough for Adults...

Hence the sad consequences,......

Agreed very sad but crazy to let children ride a bike alone. It says at the top they were licenced but how can they be at 16/14. So they were driving illegally. They certainly can't have had any experience on the road.

The complete waste of a salary and uniform police in the air conditioned box at the junction are also responsible. If only one of them had been visible at the junction the accident may never have happened as is often quoted to me:

Red light don't stop traffic, policeman do.

My best wishes go out to the kids and their father. I hope everyone recovers.

Archived