Koh Phangan tourist businesses furious as warrant issued for arrest of policeman who robbed two Russian holidaymakers

snoop1130

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

When caught he will say sorry and offer the Russians a wai. If the Russian man has any balls he would kick him in the teeth while the hypocrite is kneeling in front of him,show the Thai public what we think of their stupid wai's. In many places in the world kidnapping alone would get him a life sentence,let's see how many months he gets here.

Agree with you but I'd bet on the Russian getting a more severe sentence for kicking the cop in the teeth than the cop would ever get for the kidnap & imprisonment of the Russians.

policeman ring leader will never be apprehended, gang will go to jail, tourists satisfied, policeman starts a new gang and the beat goes on and on, as long as the correct revenue split is adhered to on regular basis 

When i became a member of TV we use to have a different subjects to talk about on this forum.

Nowadays every news are packed with crime crime and more where local police gangsters are coming on day light venue.

Yes it is more and more known about Thailand loosing this image of safe holiday and pleasant time in LOS .

I can find a lot of information and opinions about world holidays where people of other sites looking for opinion.

Yes , slowly LOS becoming as " wild west " Thai style....

It's sad.

The problem with many Police Departments worldwide, especially in developing and third world countries are the Police are grossly underpaid.

When they lose it all from lack of adequate cash flow, mounting bills, foreclosure threats, and the ability to save, they lose it.  Especially, if a family member not in the household is sick or injured and money is needed for further medical treatment or to pay mounting bills.

This problem will no doubt accelerate with a worldwide economic retreat. 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Look on the positive side .

The Policemen got arrested for their crimes .

Actually, "4 members of the public" got arrested (the ones in the picture), one police officer (the "boss', gang leader) has run away. So, not a single policeman got arrested, ergo the positive side is not so positive, so far...

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

When caught he will say sorry and offer the Russians a wai. If the Russian man has any balls he would kick him in the teeth while the hypocrite is kneeling in front of him,show the Thai public what we think of their stupid wai's. In many places in the world kidnapping alone would get him a life sentence,let's see how many months he gets here.

Don't forget the slippery smile that goes with the "wai" 

muttering in Thai to his chronies this should do it boys 

now make sure my cut is in a brown paper bag in my glove box 

7 hours ago, mark01 said:

Well, we all know the outcome - Transferred to inactive duty. Case closed!

Crime really does pay when your in the Royal Thai Police.

Not in this case,....but I'm sure it did pay in many more previous cases...!!!

4 hours ago, gigman said:

When i became a member of TV we use to have a different subjects to talk about on this forum.

Nowadays every news are packed with crime crime and more where local police gangsters are coming on day light venue.

Yes it is more and more known about Thailand loosing this image of safe holiday and pleasant time in LOS .

I can find a lot of information and opinions about world holidays where people of other sites looking for opinion.

Yes , slowly LOS becoming as " wild west " Thai style....

It's sad.

Welcome to the new Thailand 

"wai" 

4 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Really??? I read the article everybody is on the run. 

Not like you to misread the article elgordo! :-

"Following the incident on Tuesday four men were arrested on warrants while the policeman in charge of the gang is expected to be in custody shortly."

3 hours ago, Itsnottheplaceitwas said:

That's just for the photo everyone knows that ! 

Already quoted, but the 4 "perps/gang members/underlings" are members of the public - the cop in charge has done a runner!

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

Oops.... so sorry, but all the inactive desks are full at the moment... what will become of these fine orificers

Freudian slip? Or brilliant sarcasm with a slight spelling mistake! :-

"fine orificers" (orifices?)

e.g.

A body orifice is any opening in the body of an animal. e.g.

Archived