Koh Phangan tourist businesses furious as warrant issued for arrest of policeman who robbed two Russian holidaymakers

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

Not like you to misread the article elgordo! :-

"Following the incident on Tuesday four men were arrested on warrants while the policeman in charge of the gang is expected to be in custody shortly."

Sorry referred to the policemen. Expected to be in custody shortly hmmm 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, sambum said:

Freudian slip? Or brilliant sarcasm with a slight spelling mistake! :-

"fine orificers" (orifices?)

e.g.

A body orifice is any opening in the body of an animal. e.g.

Maybe a deliberate mistake, combining the two words.... but your on it. ?

10 hours ago, goferman said:

This is sad all the way around ... the fugitive cop was shot in the line of duty about a year ago. Wonder if that was related to his loss of good judgement. Many careers ruined too ... and for what? Petty, petty, petty ... what a pity!

And the cop was shot by the son of a village headman. This gives me a feeling he might not be missed too much on Koh Phangan anyway. He even might get caught and punished as an example. 

3 hours ago, lvr181 said:

To call the police the "Royal" smacks of hypocrisy! How dare they insult the Royal family with their corruption. Each corrupt policeman should be charged with les majeste!

I've thought this for a while, surely committing crimes while working for the "Royal" Thai Police is disrespecting the king.

Maybe someone should make a complaint about it and see what happens

For a police officer to be involved,he must have been very low ranked.now the tourist trade is run by the rich and those in controll of the island.Already has cost them a lot of money through bad international press.And he,s done a runner.Must have been tipped of by one of his work mates.

For a police officer to be involved,he must have been very low ranked.now the tourist trade is run by the rich and those in controll of the island.Already has cost them a lot of money through bad international press.And he,s done a runner.Must have been tipped of by one of his work mates.

If you don't know Donsak is on the mainland and Koh Phanhgan is on an Island, one half hour away on boat, different jurisdiction.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I sincerely hail the Russian victims, be it a bit 'dazed' when traveling with people who just offer you to buy dope.

They went and filed charges.........lets hope with a result.....(culprits dismissed from the force!!)

19 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

When this policeman is caught, he should be arrested, face court time, be charged with robbery, given public shaming, by being stripped of his rank, and kicked right out of the police force, then sentensed to a jail term in prison. If all of this does not happen then the Thai Government has not changed a bit from the last one. If Thailand wants to quit being corrupt, then it has to charge thses criminals properly, and make them pay for their crimes.

Geezer

Sadly... the big one gets off... with a slap on the wrist.. and promised to write I will never do it again,... TIT.

16 hours ago, the guest said:

With 32.59 million foreign guests visiting Thailand in 2016 (source wikipedia) I don't think the Thais are too worried about the foreign press, do you?

Yes, but slowly this amount of tourists will shrink ......in coming years

There is more surrounding countries which are becoming more and more friendly to tourists and become LOS...

To be honest ..this year I 'm coming to see my girl in Thai but only for couple of days...then I'll go Vietnam again for whole 6 mths....there is much easier to mix with locals without worries...

Even my Thai g/f preferred  Vietnam :)

It is sad but this is the truth..

On 3/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, pattayadgw said:

Is this going to be yet another Policeman sent to an 'INACTIVE POST'?

Of course it is! Have you read today's exciting new developments:- 

"KOH PHANGAN: -- The rogue cop being hunted for abducting and robbing two Russian tourists had been removed from duty on the island and sent to the mainland, it has been revealed.But when he asked for ten days holiday from his new desk job he simply went back and resumed his criminal ways with drug dealing criminals and would be murderers Thairath reported."

You should be a mind reader - you'd be good at it! Mind I suppose a lot of people (myself included) suspected that the "inactive post" would come into play, but I must admit I didn't expect him to return to his playground so quickly!

Or maybe I'm reading the post incorrectly? Maybe, he'd already been caught for "wrongdoing" and instead of being jailed he was sent to an "inactive post" where he obviously wasn't happy, so he booked a 10 day holiday, and returned to the scene of his crime(s) to carry on as per usual? 

I thought that the idea of these "inactive posts" was to post them out of the area so that they couldn't interfere with any ongoing enquiries against them?

15 hours ago, sambum said:

Of course it is! Have you read today's exciting new developments:- 

"KOH PHANGAN: -- The rogue cop being hunted for abducting and robbing two Russian tourists had been removed from duty on the island and sent to the mainland, it has been revealed.But when he asked for ten days holiday from his new desk job he simply went back and resumed his criminal ways with drug dealing criminals and would be murderers Thairath reported."

You should be a mind reader - you'd be good at it! Mind I suppose a lot of people (myself included) suspected that the "inactive post" would come into play, but I must admit I didn't expect him to return to his playground so quickly!

Or maybe I'm reading the post incorrectly? Maybe, he'd already been caught for "wrongdoing" and instead of being jailed he was sent to an "inactive post" where he obviously wasn't happy, so he booked a 10 day holiday, and returned to the scene of his crime(s) to carry on as per usual? 

I thought that the idea of these "inactive posts" was to post them out of the area so that they couldn't interfere with any ongoing enquiries against them?

that might have been the original idea, now it seems to be a way for them to keep out of sigh until any wrongdoing is forgotten

On 3/2/2017 at 8:42 AM, Dogmatix said:

Russian tabloids must be having a field day with Thailand stories. First the woman treated like a serial killer for feeding fish, now this. 

I hope these cases persuade a a lot of Russians not to come to Thailand. Thais only take action to protect their god of money.

I hope Russians stop coming too. My wife and I used to love going to Phuket. We always stayed at the same guest house by Karon beach and had a wonderful vacation. The last time we went, perhaps 3 years ago, there was nothing but Russians. My wife was the only local (Lao) person on the beach except for the worker folks. Russians were everywhere, restaurant signs were in Russian, sometimes only Russian. They treated the Thai rather poorly in my opinion, and they strutted around like their poo didn't stink. Every Thai I spoke too was much less than impressed with the "new" tourist type.

That does not excuse what the cop did, but, there may be back story we are not hearing.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:20 PM, robertthebruce said:

Shocking or what.....

how many times has this been done and innocent tourists have been charged or imprisoned,,,

This kind of stuff needs to go Viral....

Oh, please, no! It will badly tourism in Thailand. 

40 minutes ago, robin hood said:

I dont think the police or the government want to charge, just make noises about changing,  life goes on !!!!!

Im starting to doubt that even the people really want to have change. 

Archived